bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: " self hatred"  (Read 4413 times)

gallenwalsh

" self hatred"
« on: December 14, 2009, 10:06:46 AM »

I want to ask some questions on this subject because I have both seen and been affected by this terrible thing, of which some of the "Churches " of the world abrogate as some sort of spiritual maturity, that is to abhor your self , berate yourself, especially publicly, " to be seen of Men " I honestly believe that some of this is mere theatrics for some people, but there are some ( many ) who have serious psychological problems because of abuse in their personal lives that are looking for some relief and just want to be loved or find some love and hope so desperately and only find condemnation within the church. It seems the churches finish the job the world failed to do and they annihilate you spiritually and completely. I know of two individuals personally who committed suicide after joining a church looking for relief, salvation and forgiveness and found only despair. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Samson

Re: " self hatred"
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2009, 11:26:51 AM »

Hi Gallenwash,

" Let love be without hypocrisy. Abhor what is wicked, cling to what is good." Romans.12:9.
" The disipline of Jehovah, O my son, do not reject; and do not abhor his reproof, because the one whom Jehovah loves he reproves, even as a Father does a son in whom he finds pleasure." Proverbs. 3:11,12.
" You must love the Lord your God with your whole heart and with your whole soul and your whole mind. This is the greatest and first Commandment. The second like it, is this, You must love your neighbor AS YOURSELF." " On these two commandments the whole Law hangs, and the Prophets."

There's nothing in the Scriptures about hating yourself or hating others, only hate what is bad and abhor what is wicked. Generally speaking, the Churches of Christendom speak with forked tongue or double tongue regarding our God of Love(1John. 4:8; 1Cor. 13:8,13.)

I don't want to hate myself, only pray that God causes me to hate the Sins I commit.

Kind Regards, Samson.

Roy Coates

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2009, 12:59:31 AM »

Just thought I would share something I learned from Ray and Bible-Truths.com that may help you in your quest for truth.
"If the church teaches it, it's false" " you may find bits of truth but pick any major doctrine of the church and you will find it to be false"(paraphrased, condensed)
Unlearning for me is harder than learning but this "standing axiom" has proved valuable to me in my quest.
Myself, I say "question everything" until I learn it and prove it true or false.  
Peace
« Last Edit: December 22, 2009, 01:03:42 AM by Roy Coates »

F@lgn0n

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2009, 08:50:39 AM »

Quote:
"You must love your neighbor AS YOURSELF."

... love that ...  ;D  - How can we Love, if we ourselves do not know Love? You cannot hate yourself and yet continue to Love others.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 20 queries.