bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Suicide.............  (Read 11281 times)

Vangie

Re: Suicide.............
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2009, 09:01:40 PM »

Dearest Heidi,
You and your family are in our prayers.  We love you very much.  Words seem so small; please just know you are loved and we are so sorry for your loss.

Love to you in Christ,
Vangie

tamaralv

« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2009, 12:00:40 AM »

Dear Heidi and Family,

I am so very sorry you are going through this.  Please know that you are so very loved and that He will never leave nor forsake you.  My prayers and thoughts are with you.

Peace and Love in Christ Jesus,

Tammy

Roy Coates

« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2009, 03:20:56 PM »

Praise God you and the girls are safe. My heart aches at the thought of the pain you and the girls are and will be facing. God will sustain you. Peace be with you in the name of Jesus.

myms

« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2009, 04:23:00 PM »

Dear Heidi

I cannot begin to imagine what you and your family are going through, I pray that you will know God's love in a very immediate and personal way.

May God's love and grace see you through this time

Myms

Robin

« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2009, 02:03:06 AM »

Heidi,

My heart breaks for all of you. My husband and the father of my children hanged himself 34 years ago when my children were toddlers. It was harder than I could have imagined hard could be. The grief felt unbearable.

Now looking back what I remember most is how God brought me through it all. I can see him dragging me through such terrible circumstances. He was holding my hand the whole way and never let me go. I remember his love even though the chastening was so severe.

When I found BT I read something from Ray that brought me comfort. I post it with tears flowing for you.

http://bible-truths.com/lake15-D.html

TIS TRUE: OUR DAYS ARE NUMBERED

Continuing in Ecc. 3:2:

"A time [an 'APPOINTED time'] to be born, and a time [an 'APPOINTED time] to die..."

The whole point of Ecclesiastes chapter three is not that people are born and die, or that people plant and harvest, or that people war and make peace, or that people weep and laugh, but rather that there is "an APPOINTED TIME" for all these things to happen—an appointed time appointed BY GOD.

This is not a new idea, or a new revelation. This truth has been preserved in chapter three of Ecclesiastes for a couple of thousand years. But how many Christians believe it?

Job understood under inspiration of God's Spirit that:

"...the Lord gave and the Lord has taken away..." (Job

1:21). Contrary to a letter I received from Dr. Frederick Price, who said that this verse in Job "is Scripture all right, but it just isn't true." Well far be it from me to argue the validity of the Scriptures with a carnal mind, but nonetheless, this verse of Scripture is true. It is always God Who gives and God Who takes away, even though He uses other agents such as Satan to carry out and accomplish His perfect and flawless will.

God gives life and God takes life away. Most Christians would concede that human birth is indeed a miracle. But how many would concede that even death is a miracle? But it is. Birth and death are not things that "just happen" anymore than anything in the whole universe "just happens." God is the cause for everything:

"In Whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of Him Who works ALL THINGS after the counsel of His Own will" (Eph. 1:11).

"For OF HIM, and THROUGH HIM, and TO HIM, are ALL THINGS..." (Rom. 11:36).

Is there any real difference in saying that God "gives life" or that God "causes a baby to be born?" Is there any real difference in saying that God "takes away life" or that God "causes us to die?" When it comes to death, we prefer euphemisms. We don't like to hear that "our Mother is DEAD!" We prefer to say that "Mother passed away." We don't want to be so honest or brutal as to say "God KILLED my son" but rather "God took my son." But the use of mellower-sounding euphemisms does not negate the fact that God appointed a time for us to be BORN, and He also has appointed a time when we must DIE.

Our will cannot change any of God’s "appointed events" or His "appointed times" in which each event must occur. You might think that you can. You might suggest that you will commit suicide and shorten your life. How silly—how totally unscriptural. No one can commit suicide unless and until the "appointed time" that God has foreordained that you commit suicide, if indeed God has ordained such a thing for you.

"There is no man that has power over the spirit to retain the spirit; neither has he power in [Heb: authority over’] the day of death..." (Ecc. 8:8 ).

Is this verse too difficult for anyone to understand? The Scriptures are clear:

"...the Spirit gives life" (II Cor. 3:6).

"His breath [Heb: ruach, ‘spirit’] goes forth, he returns to his earth; I that very day his thoughts perish" (Psalm 146:4).

One cannot continue to live without spirit.

"Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it" (Ecc. 12:7).

And God says that

"NO MAN has power over the spirit."

The implications of this verse go far beyond mere suicide. This verse also confirms that no one can kill or murder another person until the "appointed time" set by God. No soldier or civilian has ever died even in war except at the "appointed time."

There is probably not a person alive who has not wondered just exactly when he might die? We saw from Ecc. 1:2 that there is an appointed time "...to DIE." And Ecc. 8:8 tells us that

"...no man has power over the spirit to retain it [when God takes our spirit, we die, Ecc. 12:7]; neither has he power over the day of [his] death..."

But there’s more:

"Behold that which I have seen: it is good and comely for one to eat and to drink, and to enjoy the good of all his labor that he takes under the sun all the days of his life, which God gives him: for it is his portion." (Ecc. 5:18).

This is not exactly what the Hebrew manuscripts say. Here is what it should read: "...during the NUMBER of days in his life…" The word for "all" as in "all the days of his life," is the Hebrew word, mispar, and its first definition is "NUMBER." Man’s days are "NUMBERED." And God only knows the number.

Here’s another one:

"Seeing his days are determined, the number of his months are with Thee, You have appointed his bounds that he cannot pass" (Job 14:5).

The word "determined" comes from the Hebrew charats and means "to point sharply." Here we are told that man’s "months" are determined to a precise sharp point in time. There will be no variation in time as to when we must die.

Not only is our precise time of death appointed, but also our resurrection:

"If a man die, shall he live again? All the days of my APPOINTED TIME will I wait [in the grave] till my change [resurrection] come" (Job 14:14).

Another:

"Is there not an APPOINTED TIME to man upon earth? Are not his DAYS also like the days of an hireling? (Job 7:1).

Everyone who has ever been born or will yet be born has been appointed by God to be born at that time and season according the purpose of His will. And likewise, everyone who has died or will yet die has been appointed by God to die at that time and season according to the purpose of His will. It just is not possible to alter or change anything in the purpose and intention of a sovereign God. So once more, "free will" is out the window.

« Last Edit: December 17, 2009, 02:11:36 AM by M.G. »

daywalker

« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2009, 02:29:45 AM »

My dear family in Christ Jesus.....I know that it has been months since I have been back to this forum, I have not strayed from the truth that has been revealed to my spirit and I thank God that He did.

My husband of 21 years decided to commit suicide and hung himself last Tuesday the 8th....it has been very devastating to the girls and I and I need your prayers at the moment for strength and wisdom to carry on.  I now know that he is at peace....sleeping, blistfully unaware of the pain and grief that we are going through......I rejoyce in the knowledge that He will judge Him and that Eric will be purified to then obtain his immortal body.

Love
Your sister in Christ

All of you are in my prayers.

Christopher

Heidi

« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2010, 07:33:48 AM »

I find myself only looking at my post for the first time since I last wrote.....wow, it seems like such a dream to me.....it has only been 2 months and yet it feels so much longer.  I have been avoiding coming onto the site?....don't know why.

I am so grateful to all of you for your prayers and words of encouragement.  It has not been easy and going through this has been a very trying time.

I am at peace and so are my daughters....yes, we miss him daily and talk about him often but it is futile to grief because what has been done cannot be undone.  I trust in God and know that He can hit a straight line with a crooked staff!!!

I need to get back into doing Bible studies and spending time on the forum.......I pray to my God and Father that He will instill in me the desire.

Love
Heidi

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2010, 08:25:24 AM »

I am glad you looked in again to find feelings towards you and your girls. It is so difficult to feel the finality of death yet it is not final. God and His Love overcomes death and for now your love shields and supports the daughters you have in an embrace God shares with you all.

Thank you for your post.

Arc

Silvia Martin

« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2010, 10:14:16 AM »

Hi Heidi,
I read your post and the replies for the first time because I came on the forum about a week and a half later. I vaguely remember Roy telling me about it ,but I was going through my own dark valley at that time. I feel such sadness for your loss. It sounds as though you've gained a lot of strength. You are very brave, you could have just given up too. I hope you will be a regular at the forum from now on, because I would love to get to know you :).

God bless,

Silvia

onelovedread

« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2010, 10:52:59 AM »

Heidi
I just want to add how sorry I feel. Just know that we grieve with you and your family. And we're with you in our thoughts and prayers. I know that words are inadequate right now, but just want you to know that we in the forum stand beside you and lovingly hold you up to Our Father.
Your brother in Christ
Onelovedread

Roy Coates

« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2010, 03:45:09 PM »

Your prayers are our prayers. My God bless you and yours with strength, understandin, peace and comfort, In the name of Jesus Christ.

Rene

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2010, 09:24:50 PM »

I need to get back into doing Bible studies and spending time on the forum.......I pray to my God and Father that He will instill in me the desire.

Love
Heidi

I'm praying with you Heidi. Hang in there because God will give you everything that you need to endure.

René

Marlene

« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2010, 12:27:12 AM »

Heidi, God put you on my mind a couple of days ago. I prayed for you and your children. I am just so happy to see you post.

I will continue to pray for you all.

In His Love,
Marlene

LiberatedEagle

« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2010, 02:04:59 AM »

Heidi, I pray that God gives you grace to find peace in His will. I thank God that He's given you strength to continue to fellowship here on the forum with us given all that you're going through. My prayers are with you and your family.

Be Encouraged,

Charles

jingle52

« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2010, 03:46:35 PM »

I would also like to add my belated condolences, and add to the prayers of the forum, God will give you His stregnth to continue in faith and hope, for His love is pure and good. Trust in the Lord God almighty through Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior.
God's blessings.

OBrenda

« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2010, 05:01:43 PM »

Oh Heidi,

Your endurance through this painful loss is remarkable.
Praying for your continued strength

myms

« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2010, 01:22:56 PM »

May God bless you and your girls with a very real sense of His everpresence as He continues to guide you through this very dark valley. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Myms
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 19 queries.