bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: David and Goliath  (Read 6284 times)

gmik

David and Goliath
« on: December 21, 2009, 02:31:33 AM »

Hi folks.  Just heard someone say that we are "David" and the Babylonian church is "Goliath".  What do you think?  I think the story actually happened, even tho all stories are also parables.  Just wondering how I could apply this to my everyday beast slaying.  Thanks all.

Have a wonderful winter season-especially to those that got 2 feet of snow!!!

gena

mharrell08

Re: David and Goliath
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2009, 03:08:59 AM »

Hi folks.  Just heard someone say that we are "David" and the Babylonian church is "Goliath".  What do you think?  I think the story actually happened, even tho all stories are also parables.  Just wondering how I could apply this to my everyday beast slaying.  Thanks all.

gena

Hello Gena,

As far as applying to everyday life, I would think with God all things are possible to those believing [Matt 19:26, Mark 10:27]. Much like one having faith as a mustard seed, faith as small as a stone can do much [1 Sam 17:49-50]. Whether this someone believes in this account being literal or not, I wouldn't think it changes that intended message.

Babylon is a mother, with harlot daughters, in influences over many people, nations, multitudes, & tongues [Rev 17:5-15]. This mother is Jerusalem, after the flesh, and is in (spiritual) bondage to this day [Gal 4:22-25]. Babylon is never likened to a giant male Philistine.

Is this someone you talk to regularly? If so, do you think they would take a look at Ray's paper from the LOF series: http://bible-truths.com/lake11.html

Marques

sms163

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2009, 02:53:42 PM »

To further the explanation of the parable of the mustard seed of faith-- it is faith that moves belief; babylon has no faith only belief, so for personal practice of slaying goliath's you would use faith not your beliefs, because your very own beliefs may change but without faith you will never move the mountains from your heart. Thats the only way i witness to anyone even in church because i dont need to tell them the 'truth' they already have it hidden in them all i have to do is show them how i reached it in myself.  And what of those who believe and receive with great joy, they cannot last among the rocks, and thorns without faith that is good Ground.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2009, 03:31:15 PM »

On a lighter note.... :D

We know Goliath was struck down with a pebble accurately slung by David right between his eyes just before David cut off his head.

Rev 2:17  He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes I will give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give to him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knows except he who receives it

I don't think Goliath knew what hit him but that pebble David slung sure had Goliaths name on it!

Arc
« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 03:34:10 PM by Arcturus »

sms163

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2009, 04:53:46 PM »

Hahaha that was quite the light note.

--sumner

gmik

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2009, 07:41:25 PM »

Thanks all.  Gave me more stuff to mull over!  Happy new Year Everyone.

Ninny

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2009, 08:27:59 PM »

Gina! How those twins have grown!!  :D

daywalker

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2010, 04:32:02 AM »

I would think that the 'beast' within us would be Goliath, spiritually; it is this giant that I am always at war with...

Daywalker  8)

gena

gmik

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2010, 03:12:49 PM »

Daywalker...who is David then?? Me or God's Spirit?

Ninny, they are 2 and a half now...where does the time go!

daywalker

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2010, 10:57:20 AM »

David would be me [us]. Surely God's Spirit wouldn't be a David standing next to Goliath...  :D

But I'll be quick to add the this story could represent other things too. Ray talks about how we all have spiritual trees and mountains that need to be burned up... Goliath and a mountain do have similarities, spiritually

Daywalker...who is David then?? Me or God's Spirit?

Ninny, they are 2 and a half now...where does the time go!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 20 queries.