bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: would you die for a lie??  (Read 5242 times)

darren

would you die for a lie??
« on: December 24, 2009, 02:54:06 AM »

I didn't know where to put this post it's not really a question. I was at work and some of them were talking about a movie ( the devinece code) ( I spelled it wrong) Anyway,the whole thing about Jesus not dying and married Mary and had kids you know. Well I said, think about this if you were one of the disciples and you knew Jesus fake His death and ran away and married Mary would you be murder for Him?? Would you and your 11 friends knowing that everything Jesus taught you was a lie and He was just a reg human, would you loose your life for a lie?? I would not and I would bet most humans would not willingly be put to death for a lie. Why did the disciples maintain up until and at the time of their murders that Jesus was and IS the Son of God?? If the Romans had you and said recant your beliefs and you will live or do not and you will be stoned, beheaded, crucified or whatever other torture we can think of. what would you do?? Personally I would recant If I knew I was hiding a lie. But that is not what happen is it??

Darren

EKnight

Re: would you die for a lie??
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2009, 12:11:47 AM »

I didn't see the movie and don't really know much about it but it sounds like you make a valid point about dying for a lie.  I know I wouldn't. 

Either way, the whole thing is nothing but hogwash and I wouldn't waste my time even discussing it.

Eileen

OBrenda

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2009, 01:27:27 AM »

I think it was a good response Darren.  That would be evidence to me also.

I'm pretty certian they debunked the whole Mary & Jesus having a child theory as a hoax.  The papers were forged and commisioned by some french guy, who wanted to place himself in lineage to Jesus.  I believe they even have it exposed on the history Channel.

:)
Brenda

soberxp

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2009, 09:07:31 AM »

NO,it's not a lie.

Vangie

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2009, 09:32:30 PM »

NO,it's not a lie.
Soberxp, please clarify.  Are you saying that you think the DaVinci code theory is true?

I think it was a good response Darren.  That would be evidence to me also.

I'm pretty certian they debunked the whole Mary & Jesus having a child theory as a hoax.  The papers were forged and commisioned by some french guy, who wanted to place himself in lineage to Jesus.  I believe they even have it exposed on the history Channel.

I agree with Brenda, Darren.  You make a great point--that's an angle I had not thought of that really helps prove it's fairy tale nonsense.  But I'm interested to know what exactly Soberxp means, even though the theory itself isn't the type of subject matter we should be concerned with, as Eileen mentioned.

The hair on the back of my neck has been standing up--I don't want to come across as an old....female....dog ;), but there have been a couple of curve ball posts/thread topics lately, and I just want to make sure I'm understanding what the posters actually mean before I take a hunk out of their behinds--figuratively--in my mind, of course. ;D ;D 

So to Soberxp, thanks in advance for explaining what you believe is, or is not, the lie.  Sometimes it's hard to understand what is meant when we're limited to typing and reading our computer screens--it's hard to make ourselves clear.  But how grateful I am that we are blessed with this outlet we all share here! 

Vangie

darren

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2009, 05:09:37 AM »

To All, My post is more along the lines of the deciples going to their deaths knowing they knew with out a doubt that Jesus was and is the Son Of God. I was just pointing out that not too many people would die for a lie. At lest nobody I know. I just wanted to give these people another way of looking at it. This was the sum of what I was trying to get acorss to these people. As far as the move, well I seen it once and did not care for it. As far as Soberxp goes, I don't understand most of the stuff he or she says.

Darren

EKnight

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2009, 08:41:18 PM »

Darren,

You are right. My son once said to me that how could we know that the bible was true and that Jesus was real since so very few people in the world encountered Him.  I said, well most of the people that knew Jesus died terrible deaths defending Him and His teachings. Unfortunately, not too many people would die for the truth either.

Eileen

Roy Martin

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2010, 07:36:53 PM »

I can't say I would die for a lie or even the truth, but when I was in prison I would have died for a double meat double cheese cheeseburger and a large order of fries.

Roy
« Last Edit: January 01, 2010, 07:40:03 PM by Roy Martin »

darren

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2010, 02:07:26 AM »

I hear ya Roy. Good one

Darren
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 17 queries.