bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Song of Solomon  (Read 5507 times)

EKnight

Song of Solomon
« on: December 28, 2009, 09:32:04 PM »

Can anyone tell me who or what is being spoken of in Song of Solomon 4?

Eileen

Kat

Re: Song of Solomon
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2009, 09:51:59 PM »

Hi Eileen,

From E-Sword commentaries:
Barnes - The king in a lyric song of five stanzas commends the beauty of the bride:

Clarke - The bridegroom’s description of his bride, her person, her accomplishments, her chastity, and her general excellence, vv. 1-16.

And my New King James has the heading 'The Bridegroom Praises the Bride.'

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2009, 11:26:30 AM »

The Song of Songs is a love song that illustrates the Phileo love of God for His disciples or Christ the Bridegoom and His Bride, the Elect Chosen of God.

The personal love for and of Christ is Phileo love that He shares with those with whom He is intimate. 

Ref DIFFERENT LOVES Bible Study L. Ray Smith March 3 2007

The only places you will see God phileo anyone, is His Son and us, the elect, no one else.  Those who reciprocate, He loves us because He said (He is talking to His disciples now)…

Arc

hillsbororiver

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2009, 01:17:14 PM »

Can anyone tell me who or what is being spoken of in Song of Solomon 4?

Eileen

Hi Eileen,

This is a topic that I have been fascinated with for quite some time, I will only quote scripture, perhaps it will speak to you and a few other folks;

Isa 54:4  Fear not; for thou shalt not be ashamed: neither be thou confounded; for thou shalt not be put to shame: for thou shalt forget the shame of thy youth, and shalt not remember the reproach of thy widowhood any more.

Isa 54:5  For thy Maker is thine husband; the LORD of hosts is his name; and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called.

Isa 54:6  For the LORD hath called thee as a woman forsaken and grieved in spirit, and a wife of youth, when thou wast refused, saith thy God.

Isa 54:7  For a small moment have I forsaken thee; but with great mercies will I gather thee.

Rev 19:7  Let us be glad and rejoice and give honor to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.

Rev 21:2  And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

Rev 21:9  And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will show thee the bride, the Lamb's wife.

Rev 21:10  And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and showed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,

Peace,

Joe

EKnight

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2009, 09:52:29 PM »

You guys are awesome.  Thanks for your insight. 

The reason I asked is because I had a conversation with a family member who believes that Mary was without sin.  Of course I know this is not true or scriptural but I went searching as to where this claim originated.  I found that they use  Genesis where it says I will put enmity between your seed and the seed of the woman, and also Luke where it says full of grace and then Song of Solomon without stain.  It's the without stain part that I know will be brought to my attention in defense of this doctrine and I needed to know what it is actually referring to.

I really don't think the subject will be brought up again but I like to put on my armor just in case.

I appreciate your help.

Eileen

Akira329

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2009, 03:04:56 AM »

Is this the verse your speaking of?
Son 4:7  Thou art all fair, my love; And there is no spot in thee.

What does this verse have to do with Mary???
Hard time making that fit.

Id say you have your work cut out for you!!
They don't know and won't believe who this woman is in scripture.
Even contextually speaking this is Solomons wife(his first love). Do they believe that even??
I agree with Arcturus, this is a love song to his wife. This is a love song from Christ to his bride(church,elect)
Also great scriptures posted by Joe!!!

If anything Eileen it benefits you and I hope you see the connections!
Rays paper about different loves is close enough to explain Song of Songs!

Antaiwan

"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus

acomplishedartis

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2009, 01:54:00 AM »

The study of DIFFERENT LOVES by Ray is one of my favorites.

but I like to put on my armor just in case.

I will try to remember that for my self often.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 01:56:05 AM by Moises »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 22 queries.