bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Ray is not well.  (Read 20937 times)

hillsbororiver

Re: Ray is not well.
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2009, 01:26:57 PM »

Ray, Manuela and family are constantly in my thoughts and prayers, I can only be sure that God will not forsake them through this severe trial.

Trust in Him,

Joe

Roy Martin

« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2009, 01:30:41 PM »

My prayer has been added.

In Christ
  Roy

chav

« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2009, 03:00:35 PM »

Hi
My prayers will be with Ray and his family at this trying time
Dave

gmik

« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2009, 03:06:13 PM »

Amen to all the above.  Thanks Dennis for letting us know.

sansmile

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • my beautiful grandchildren
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2009, 03:48:07 PM »

Ours prayers are added too....
Walk in the Spirit

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2009, 06:25:36 PM »

as ray is in His Hands, so are we.  let His Will be done, in mercy, grace, and lovingkindness, towards ray as he endures the pain and suffering of this trial. Father, i lift ray up to You for Your Care, and i lift each of us on this forum who have come to know ray in person, and those who know him only through the BT website/forum.  Father God, we all need Your mercy. amen and amen.

claudia                        Matthew 6:6

Hello EJW.

Mat 6:6  But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

To pray in public is not a Scriptural requirement to be sure,it is more of a human custom. I personally do not see a Spiritual law being broke by praying in public so long as that one who is praying is praying to God for the right reasons and not for some self righteous reason in a carnal sort of way. God knows our intentions of the heart,whether that be in a private or a public setting.

Joh 11:41  Then they took away the stone from the place where the dead was laid. And Jesus lifted up his eyes, and said, Father, I thank thee that thou hast heard me.
Joh 11:42  And I knew that thou hearest me always: but because of the people which stand by I said it, that they may believe that thou hast sent me.

Peace...Mark

EJW & Mark,
perhaps i misunderstood dennis' post.  i thought he was requesting our prayer for ray.  so, i prayed amongst my brothers and sisters in Christ on the forum.  of course, i pray inwardly first and foremost, but, i thought a prayer request had been made.  forgive me to all if i have done wrong by praying 'outloud'.  ???

claudia

Ninny

« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2009, 07:08:10 PM »

Claudia,
There is no shame or condemnation! Praying out loud is not wrong! sometimes our prayers are silent, but sometimes "out loud"! God hears what is in our hearts anyway! So even the most humble prayer said aloud may be comforting to those around you, but the deepest part of our hearts is where the prayers come from and only God has access to that area...God knows the intent of the heart!!  As far as I am concerned you pray however you want to..let no man judge you...be blessed, sweet Claudia!  :D
Kathy ;)

Marky Mark

« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2009, 07:42:48 PM »

EJW & Mark,
perhaps i misunderstood dennis' post.  i thought he was requesting our prayer for ray.  so, i prayed amongst my brothers and sisters in Christ on the forum.  of course, i pray inwardly first and foremost, but, i thought a prayer request had been made.  forgive me to all if i have done wrong by praying 'outloud'. 

claudia

Hi claudia. :)

I am not condemning you for your prayer,I was replying to EJW on the verse he posted in reply to your lovely prayer for our brave teacher Ray. Sorry for the confusion my sister.

Mark

hillsbororiver

« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2009, 08:07:47 PM »

as ray is in His Hands, so are we.  let His Will be done, in mercy, grace, and lovingkindness, towards ray as he endures the pain and suffering of this trial. Father, i lift ray up to You for Your Care, and i lift each of us on this forum who have come to know ray in person, and those who know him only through the BT website/forum.  Father God, we all need Your mercy. amen and amen.

claudia                        Matthew 6:6

Hi EJW,

While I was rereading through this thread and appreciating the thoughts and prayers for Ray from those he has touched through the days, months and years of his teaching I was struck by your reference to Matthew 6:6 in regard to Claudia's post. Had you presented this as a question rather than a proclamation I would have not felt a need to respond to your post, this very well could have been settled rather easily between you and Claudia as to what her motivation was.

By quoting this verse in the manner it was presented I could only see it as an accusation that this was a self serving, self glorification display you perceived from Claudia, knowing her personally from the Conference in Mobile, hearing her testimony of how Ray's articles have profoundly impacted her  not only there in person, one on one, but here in the Forum (publicly) on many occasions I could only interpret her prayer as a sincere plea to God.

Yes, there are some who seek self glorification from a phony piousness, Jesus spoke to them in no uncertain terms but He knew their heart, can you make a claim to know Claudia's heart without first seeking understanding?

There are many examples in scripture of OT saints, the apostles and Paul (Stephen as well) of praying in public, would you say Matthew 6:6 applies to them as well? It is written that often our prayers are inspired by the Spirit of God, are we always in a position or state of understanding where we can readily discern motivation?

If you peruse through scripture you will see many examples of public prayer, sincere prayers that not only petition God for mercy and favor but also to inspire the brethren to consider and meditate on the message within the prayer and give a shout of AMEN! if so inspired.

Please do not take this as any indictment or judgment on my part, basically it is a rather long winded (I am famous for that) question in the hope we can reason together, clarify our motives and grow in His Spirit of mercy and love.

Peace,

Joe     

OBrenda

« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2009, 08:18:01 PM »

I'm praying for Ray!

And please Claudia....don't stop praying I admire your gift for it, and always feel strengthened by it !!!

Let's all embrace each other in love and support for Ray's current trial.

Peace,
Brenda

EKnight

« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2009, 10:07:22 PM »

These thoughts always make me sad.  I will certainly continue to pray for Ray and his family. 

I am so grateful that God gave Ray the strength to make this year's conference and for giving me the opportunity to fellowship with him and all who were able to attend.  I thank God for the wisdom He has bestowed on Ray to share with us.  So many lives have been changed as a result of Ray's God-given diligence and endurance.  May God continue to bless us through Ray.

Eileen

Vangie

« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2009, 10:31:42 PM »

I also am so grateful for Ray's diligence and hard work.  I add my prayers.

Vangie

Wendy

« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2009, 03:16:29 AM »

I can only imagine what my life would be like without the light of Gods love to show the way through Mr. Smith in this dark and reprebate world. There are no words to adequately express my deep sorrow in  Mr. Smith's suffering.  God has blessed him with many abilities in rightly dividing the word and then communicating what God has shown him to others.  It takes courage to go against the tide, to resist the herd mentality and Mr Smith has been an example to us all.  He is our teacher, someone we can trust and although we have never met, he means so much to me.  I will be forever grateful for Mr. Smith's faithfulness in bringing me the truly Good News.. My prayers are with the entire Smith family.  I believe he has fought the good fight, he has stayed the course, and I have no doubt that with God's loving kindess and mercy that endures forever, Mr Smith will finish the race. 

Wendy

soberxp

« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2009, 08:52:38 AM »

sorry,I'm late.
so sad to hear that.I'm praying for Ray!

believerchrist100

« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2009, 10:45:27 AM »

Ray is in my prayers as well.

DanDoolan

« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2009, 11:45:11 AM »

We are praying for healing (God willing), blessing, inner strength and peace for our dear brother Ray and his family.

Trusting in our Father and our Lord,
Dan
(Canada)

Ninny

« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2009, 11:47:05 AM »

I don't know if anyone feels the way I do, but I have been finding so much strength from reading all the responses to this..we are family here and we can draw strength and hope from each other...as we come together in our hearts to pray for Ray...we get stronger. God has given us such a gift here! Not only Ray and what he has taught us, but God has given us each other..we share a common bond here on BT and I have not felt like a part of something so big in all the churches I ever attended!

There are those of us here who would really be lost without the others! There are brothers and sisters here who are suffering from hurts and from sickness and from sheer loneliness, and we are all the same no matter from what part of the world we may be! Ray is our teacher and our mentor we have grown to love him just as we have each other...before the Mobile conference I had thought that it would be so cool to actually get to meet Ray! But at the conference I made the startling discovery that if you have read his work and watched the videos and listened to the audios you've really "met" him because that's who he is! Dennis and Rene` are so fortunate to live near him and Dennis, we know that you are his best buddy! I'm just asking that when we pray for Ray, and I DO pray that God's will is for him to continue and to be healed, that we will pray that whatever God's will is concerning Ray, his work will go on long after L. Ray Smith has gone to his rest!

So let's keep praying for our Ray and let's pray for each other, too! I want us all to be strong and move forward in the truth we know..Ray said at the conference that he wanted to show us HOW he studies..so that we will know how to dig deeper and deeper to find the truths that are in the scriptures, that is his secret you know, so as he has told us so many times....READ ALL THE WORDS!!!  Every word has a meaning and if it wasn't in the original scriptures..toss it and find the real meaning!! Ray said he tells God to show him what it means and that has to be our prayer too! We have to press into God until we understand what it is He's telling us!!

So everyone, chins up! Pray for Ray and pray for each other!
Love you all!!!
Kathy :-*

onelovedread

« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2009, 12:14:24 PM »

I am saddened to read this. However I know that God operates all. May His will be done. I will be joining in prayer with all of you my brethren.

Linny

« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2009, 12:16:06 PM »

Kathy, that was beautifully written. Thank you for that. So much truth in that.
Love, Lin

tamaralv

« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2009, 05:28:08 PM »

Kathy, our resident cheerleader, that was a very needed and appreciated post.  Of course, you are right, and I am one of those who would be lost without all of you.  I feel so close to you all when I read your posts and responses.  You don't know how many times I've had a question and coming here to post it I find that it had already been asked and answered or discussed.  It used to make me feel "weird", now I thank and praise God for my brothers and sisters in Christ.   I feel helpless to do anything right now except pray....but isn't that kind of the point?   All my thoughts and prayers are with Ray and our whole Bible Truths family.  May God be with all of us and strengthen us.

Peace and Love in Christ Jesus,

Tammy
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 22 queries.