bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Old Dogs  (Read 6147 times)

Amrhrasach

Old Dogs
« on: December 29, 2009, 06:43:08 PM »

A wealthy old Gentleman decides to go on a hunting safari in  Africa taking his faithful elderly dog named Killer along for the company.    One day the old dog starts chasing rabbits and before long, discovers that he's lost. Wandering about, he notices a leopard heading rapidly in his direction with the intention of having lunch. 

The old dog thinks, "Oh, no! I'm in deep doo-doo now!" Noticing some bones on the ground close by he immediately settles down to chew on the bones with his back to the approaching cat. Just as the leopard is about to leap the old dog exclaims loudly, "Boy, that was one delicious leopard! I wonder, if there are any more around here?" 

Hearing this the young leopard halts his attack in mid-strike, a look of terror comes over him, and he slinks away into the trees. "Whew!", says the leopard, "That was close! That old dog nearly had me!" 

Meanwhile, a monkey who had been watching the whole scene from a nearby tree figures he can put this knowledge to good use and trade it for protection from the leopard. So, off he goes, but the old dog sees him heading after the leopard with great speed and figures that something must be up. 

The monkey soon catches up with the leopard, spills the beans, and strikes a deal for himself with the leopard.  The young leopard is furious at being made a fool of and says, "Here, monkey, hop on my back and see what's going to happen to that conniving canine! 

Now, the old dog sees the leopard coming with the monkey on his back and thinks, "What am I going to do now?", but instead of running the dog sits down with his back to his attackers pretending he hasn't seen them yet, and just when they get close enough to hear, the old dog says..."Where's that monkey? I sent him off an hour ago to bring me another leopard!

Moral of story... 

Don't mess with the old dogs...  age and skill will always overcome youth and treachery! BS and brilliance only come with age and experience.

Ninny

Re: Old Dogs
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2009, 07:23:38 PM »

Now, Gary...that right there is funny..hehehehe!! that is just my philosophy!! :D
Kathy ;)

OBrenda

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2009, 09:41:15 PM »

;D

Vangie

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2009, 10:21:03 PM »

Mmmmhmmm, very enlightening story coming from a guy with a birthday in a couple of days.  ;) :D

"BS and brilliance only come with age and experience."

That's just priceless--love it Gary! ;D

Vangie

Amrhrasach

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2009, 12:06:58 PM »

Mmmmhmmm, very enlightening story coming from a guy with a birthday in a couple of days.  ;) :D

"BS and brilliance only come with age and experience."

Vangie

I know Vangie, coincidental no?........I  The ironic thing about this little story is that the young man who sent it to me is forever busting on me about getting "too old" to mess with my horses and that I should leave the more difficult stuff to the "young bucks".

He may be good with horses but I don't think he knows squat about the "moral of the story".     ;D

He's gonna learn fast though.  He doesn't know it yet but he's about to be put on stall cleaning for a couple of weeks.    8)

The "old dog" will be in the house by the fire. 

firefly77

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2009, 12:10:09 PM »

;D Woof, woof, woof! ;D

Angie

Linny

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2009, 02:10:08 PM »

That is an interesting twist on another story. I like to read it to my girls as it was a book of mine when I was little. It has a copyright of 1961.
In it, the main characters are a little young deer named Half-As-Big and his 2 big brothers and a Tiger is after them but outwitted by the little deer and the mouthy fox gets it in the end!

Lin

arion

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2009, 06:48:17 PM »

Youth and exuberance is no match for age and wisdom and this I have found out the hard way.  When I was a young buck I thought the older people were all full of feces and didn't know squat about the world.  Heck, at 21 years old I thought I knew about all I needed to know and what I didn't already know wasn't worth knowing.....God have mercy.  Give him enough rope and he'll eventually hang himself with it, yep!!  And of course we hope for the younger ones that they don't have to learn the hard lessons that some of us needed to learn but they seldom every do, do they?

Ninny

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2009, 07:17:33 PM »

I know I've already said my two cents' worth, But..Oh My Gosh!! If I'd known then what I know now!!  :D
What a wise woman I would be!!  :o
Kathy ;)

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2009, 10:28:33 PM »

He's gonna learn fast though.  He doesn't know it yet but he's about to be put on stall cleaning for a couple of weeks.    8)

The "old dog" will be in the house by the fire. 

[/quote]

cheers gary! age, skill, and brilliance!   ;) 8)

claudia

gmik

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2010, 03:02:11 AM »

;D ;D ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 22 queries.