bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: let us review something what we have missed  (Read 4942 times)

soberxp

let us review something what we have missed
« on: December 30, 2009, 09:56:57 AM »

Pay attention to the sequence of Scripture
Gen 3:1 Now the serpent was more crafty than any of the wild animals the LORD God had made. He said to the woman, "Did God really say, 'You must not eat from any tree in the garden'?"  Gen 3:2 The woman said to the serpent, "We may eat fruit from the trees in the garden,  
Gen 3:3 but God did say, 'You must not eat fruit from the tree that is in the middle of the garden, and you must not touch it, or you will die.'"

Gen 2:15 The LORD God took the man and put him in the Garden of Eden to work it and take care of it. 
Gen 2:16 And the LORD God commanded the man, "You are free to eat from any tree in the garden; 
Gen 2:17 but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat of it you will surely die."

Gen 2:21 So the LORD God caused the man to fall into a deep sleep; and while he was sleeping, he took one of the man's ribs and closed up the place with flesh. 
Gen 2:22 Then the LORD God made a woman from the rib he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man.

so what we have missed ?
here it is: This sentence is a bit awkward. [/color] Gen 3:2
Gen 3:3 but God did say, 'You must not eat fruit from the tree that is in the middle of the garden, and you must not touch it, or you will die.'"
Gen 2:17 but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat of it you will surely die."

there must be something that we have missed .
but,depending on context,There is no contradiction here.

Gen 3:14 So the LORD God said to the serpent, "Because you have done this, "Cursed are you above all the livestock and all the wild animals! You will crawl on your belly and you will eat dust all the days of your life. 
Gen 3:15 And I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and hers; he will crush your head, and you will strike his heel." 
Gen 3:16 To the woman he said, "I will greatly increase your pains in childbearing; with pain you will give birth to children. Your desire will be for your husband, and he will rule over you." 
Gen 3:17 To Adam he said, "Because you listened to your wife and ate from the tree about which I commanded you, 'You must not eat of it,' "Cursed is the ground because of you; through painful toil you will eat of it all the days of your life. 
Gen 3:18 It will produce thorns and thistles for you, and you will eat the plants of the field. 
Gen 3:19 By the sweat of your brow you will eat your food until you return to the ground, since from it you were taken; for dust you are and to dust you will return."

as we knew that Justice is meted out to them.so . let us be reasoning .
I'll tell you my reasoning later,
first,you do yours

Akira329

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
Re: let us review something what we have missed
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2009, 10:23:23 AM »

Keep reading.........
Gen 3:22  And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:
Gen 3:23  Therefore the LORD God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken.
Gen 3:24  So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.

Antaiwan
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus

mharrell08

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2009, 11:10:37 AM »

What is up with the cryptic, no sense of direction threads lately? SoberXP, or any other member, if you have something you want to say they should just say it instead of beating around the bush for speculation.

Paul admonishes us to have 'sound doctrine [2 Tim 1:13,  Tit 2:1] in our speech, so let us do that. Our threads should be for the edification of the members as a whole, not for anyone's self-serving 'revelation'.

Marques

Samson

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2009, 11:44:51 AM »

What is up with the cryptic, no sense of direction threads lately? SoberXP, or any other member, if you have something you want to say they should just say it instead of beating around the bush for speculation.

Paul admonishes us to have 'sound doctrine [2 Tim 1:13,  Tit 2:1] in our speech, so let us do that. Our threads should be for the edification of the members as a whole, not for anyone's self-serving 'revelation'.

Marques

I second that admonition presented above by Marques quoting the Apostle Paul and add this Scriptural Witness found below.

" I always thank God for you in view of the undeserved kindness of God given to you in Christ Jesus, that in everything you have been enriched in him, in full ability to speak and in full knowledge, even as the witness about the Christ has been rendered firm among you. He will also make you firm to the end, that you may be open to no accusation in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ. Now I exhort you, brothers through the name of our Loed Jesus Christ that you should all speak in agreement and that there should not be divisions among you, but that you may be fitly united in the same mind and in the same line of thought." 1Cor. 1:4-6,8,10.

Thanks, Samson.

soberxp

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2009, 12:42:37 PM »

Marques

I didn't say my speculation.what I said is depending on the sequence of Scripture.I didn't find anything wrong with my post.

and for anyone's self-serving 'revelation'. I didn't get it.

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2009, 01:03:59 PM »

Soberxp,

I think Marques was trying to say, instead of posting a thought or idea and saying you will tell us what the idea is later, just state what you are trying to bring out when you post.

Example..
What do you all think?
I woke up this morning and walked on the back porch and noticed the sun was shining and a stench of burning was in the air.

Reason this together and I will post what I mean later.
Now what did I mean?  The house was on fire?  Someone smoking a cigarette? A accident somewhere down the road? A plane crash?  
Who knows????

All I meant was the neighbor was burning some trash and I wish he wouldn't. ;)

Tell us what it is you think we missed when posting, don't leave us guessing.  I'm getting too old and grumpy to guess anymore ;D

Craig

PS  Soberxp, you are doing fine.  I enjoy having those from far away and different cultures here.  I reminds me that we ALL are children of God.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2009, 01:13:29 PM by Craig »

Ninny

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2009, 01:44:42 PM »

Craig...you made me smile! Too old and grumpy to guess any more...good point, dude!
Soberxp, You do leave me guessing sometimes! But like Craig said it's nice having people from far away and different cultures here! We like you...just don't mess with our minds!! I for one am also too old and grumpy to guess!!  ;D
Kathy ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 22 queries.