bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: What to do?  (Read 9229 times)

orion77

What to do?
« on: June 17, 2006, 03:34:16 PM »

(Col 3:12)  Therefore, as elect ones of God, holy and beloved, put on a heart of compassions, kindness, humility, meekness, long-suffering,

(Col 3:13)  bearing with one another and forgiving yourselves, if anyone has a complaint against any; even as Christ forgave you, so also you should forgive.

(Col 3:14)  And above all these, love, which is the bond of perfectness.

(Col 3:15)  And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which you also were called in one body, and be thankful.

This is what it's all about, ain't it?  Love these verses, just though to post them.

God bless,

Gary

chrissiela

What to do?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2006, 04:31:52 PM »

AMEN, Gary!!

Chrissie

orion77

What to do?
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2006, 12:16:24 AM »

(Mar 12:28)  And coming up, one of the scribes, hearing them arguing, knowing that He answered them well, he questioned Him, What is the first commandment of all?

(Mar 12:29)  And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is: "Hear, Israel. The Lord our God is one Lord,

(Mar 12:30)  and you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul" and with all your mind, "and with all your strength." This is the first commandment. Deut. 6:4, 5

(Mar 12:31)  And the second is like this, "You shall love your neighbor as yourself." There is not another commandment greater than these. Lev. 19:18

(Mar 12:32)  And the scribe said to Him, You say well, Teacher. You have spoken according to truth, "that God is one," Deut. 6:4, 5 and "there is no other besides Him;" Deut. 4:35

(Mar 12:33)  "and to love Him from all the heart", and from all the understanding, "and from all the soul, and from all the strength;" Deut. 6:4, 5 and "to love one's neighbor as oneself" Lev. 19:18 is more than all the burnt offerings and the sacrifices.

(Mar 12:34)  And seeing that he answered intelligently, Jesus said to him, You are not far from the kingdom of God. And no one dared to question Him any more.

(Deu 6:4)  Hear, O Israel, Jehovah our God is one Jehovah.

(Deu 6:5)  And you shall love Jehovah your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your might.

(Deu 6:6)  And these Words which I am commanding you today shall be on your heart.

(Lev 19:16)  You shall not go as a slanderer among your people; you shall not stand up against the blood of your neighbor; I am Jehovah.

(Lev 19:17)  You shall not hate your brother in your heart; you shall certainly reprove your neighbor, and not allow sin on him.

(Lev 19:18)  You shall not take vengeance, nor bear any grudge against the sons of your people; but you shall love your neighbor as yourself; I am Jehovah.

I don't think it is necessary to add anything to these words.

(Joh 13:34)  I give a new commandment to you, that you should love one another; according as I loved you, you should also love one another.

(Joh 13:35)  By this all shall know that you are My disciples, if you have love among one another.

(Rom 16:25)  Now to Him who is able to establish you according to my gospel, and the proclaiming of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery having been kept unvoiced during eternal times,

(Rom 16:26)  but now has been made plain, and by prophetic Scriptures, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known for obedience of faith to all the nations;

(Rom 16:27)  to the only wise God through Jesus Christ, to whom be the glory forever. Amen.

(1Jo 2:7)  Brothers, I do not write a new commandment to you, but an old commandment which you had from the beginning. The old commandment is the Word which you have heard from the beginning.

(1Jo 2:8)  Again I write a new commandment to you which is true in Him and in you, because the darkness is passing away, and the true Light already shines.

(1Jo 2:9)  The one claiming to be in the light, and hating his brother, is in the darkness until now.

(1Jo 2:10)  The one loving his brother rests in the light, and no offense is in him.

(1Jo 2:11)  But the one hating his brother is in the darkness, and walks in the darkness, and does not know where he is going, because the darkness blinded his eyes.

Good words, nothing to add.

God bless,

Gary

YellowStone

Re: What to do?
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2006, 01:04:29 AM »

Quote from: orion77
(Col 3:12)  Therefore, as elect ones of God, holy and beloved, put on a heart of compassions, kindness, humility, meekness, long-suffering,

(Col 3:13)  bearing with one another and forgiving yourselves, if anyone has a complaint against any; even as Christ forgave you, so also you should forgive.

(Col 3:14)  And above all these, love, which is the bond of perfectness.

(Col 3:15)  And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which you also were called in one body, and be thankful.

This is what it's all about, ain't it?  Love these verses, just though to post them.

God bless,

Gary

When all is said and done, what more is there? Why do we complicate things by arguing Scripture.  :oops:

Great Post Gary!!!!

YelowStone

gmik

What to do?
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2006, 01:37:54 AM »

Quote from: orion77

(Deu 6:6)  And these Words which I am commanding you today shall be on your heart.

(Lev 19:16)  You shall not go as a slanderer among your people; you shall not stand up against the blood of your neighbor; I am Jehovah.

(Lev 19:17)  You shall not hate your brother in your heart; you shall certainly reprove your neighbor, and not allow sin on him.

(Lev 19:18)  You shall not take vengeance, nor bear any grudge against the sons of your people; but you shall love your neighbor as yourself; I am Jehovah.

I don't think it is necessary to add anything to these words.

(Joh 13:34)  I give a new commandment to you, that you should love one another; according as I loved you, you should also love one another.

(Joh 13:35)  By this all shall know that you are My disciples, if you have love among one another.

(Rom 16:25)  Now to Him who is able to establish you according to my gospel, and the proclaiming of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery having been kept unvoiced during eternal times,

(Rom 16:26)  but now has been made plain, and by prophetic Scriptures, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known for obedience of faith to all the nations;

(Rom 16:27)  to the only wise God through Jesus Christ, to whom be the glory forever. Amen.

(1Jo 2:7)  Brothers, I do not write a new commandment to you, but an old commandment which you had from the beginning. The old commandment is the Word which you have heard from the beginning.

(1Jo 2:8)  Again I write a new commandment to you which is true in Him and in you, because the darkness is passing away, and the true Light already shines.

(1Jo 2:9)  The one claiming to be in the light, and hating his brother, is in the darkness until now.

(1Jo 2:10)  The one loving his brother rests in the light, and no offense is in him.

(1Jo 2:11)  But the one hating his brother is in the darkness, and walks in the darkness, and does not know where he is going, because the darkness blinded his eyes.

Good words, nothing to add.

God bless,

Gary

All Good Scripture.  Did Col. call us the elect.  Who specifically was he talking to???    Also in Romans what did Paul mean by MY gospel??

gmik

What to do?
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2006, 01:39:06 AM »

oops.  Left out the Colossians reference.

alchemist

What to do?
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2006, 01:41:39 AM »

All Good Scripture.  Did Col. call us the elect.  Who specifically was he talking to???    Also in Romans what did Paul mean by MY gospel??

16:25.  Transpose verses 25-27 to the end of chapter 14.  G HF
16:25.  Omit the entire verse (with verses 25-27). NAm
16:26.  Omit the entire verse (with verses 25-27). NAm
16:27.  Add "to whom" after "Jesus Christ" and render 'through Jesus Christ, to whom be the glory' instead of '[be] glory through Jesus Christ'. S E G L T Tr A W WHt N NA HF
16:27.  Add "and ever" after "for ever". L T
16:27.  Omit the entire verse (with verses 25-27). NAm

Huh...not even suppose to be in that spot.

gmik

what to do
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2006, 01:56:59 AM »

Dang, are you saying Rom 16:25-28 just aren't  there??  This is scary when we get into this kind of stuff.  Shakes my foundation ya know??  

Alchy, your other post on the garden, serpent etc is very interesting but don't know what to make of it.

Can there be TOO much sybolism??

Anyway, still love the scriptures about Love being the ultimate.  That has got to be on solid foundation.

alchemist

Re: what to do
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2006, 02:00:23 AM »

Quote from: gmik
Dang, are you saying Rom 16:25-28 just aren't  there??  This is scary when we get into this kind of stuff.  Shakes my foundation ya know??  

Alchy, your other post on the garden, serpent etc is very interesting but don't know what to make of it.

Can there be TOO much sybolism??

Anyway, still love the scriptures about Love being the ultimate.  That has got to be on solid foundation.

Didn't mean it wasn't there but it's suppose to be at the end of chapter 14,I've got a whole list of corrections of the new testament.and there are some verses that aren't suppose to be there through out NT.

Check it out to all the Col. at the top:

Col 3:12. Omit "and" before "beloved". WHm
Col 3:12. Read "of mercy" instead of "of mercies". G L T Tr A W WH N NA HF
Col 3:13. Read "the Lord" instead of "Christ". L Tr A WHt NA
Col 3:15. Read "of Christ" instead of "of God". G L T Tr A W WH N NA
Col 3:15. Omit "one" and render 'the body'. WHm

Textual criticizism from the original greek manuscript.

orion77

What to do?
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2006, 02:25:03 AM »

Alchemist, what do these words speak to you, even with the changes?  

Gary

love_magnified

What to do?
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2006, 02:32:02 AM »

Hi Alchamist,
Do you have a referrence for these changes or can they be found with eSword? Very interesting. If you have a link I think it would be a good topic on its own, I mean the changes in the NT, but I'd want to see how those conclusions are reached. Thanks.

YellowStone

Re: what to do
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2006, 02:49:56 AM »

Quote from: gmik

Gena, my dear sister, it concerns me hearing you speak of "it shaking my foundation." This is not good; however, you quickly add "love being the ultimate."

Please understand that I am not suggesting that one should ignore the Scriptures; however, the study thereof should not weaken {delute} ones foundation with God, but rather, solidify it.

Gary's initial post in this thread tied in perfectly with Christ's first and second commandments, loving God and your neighbor with all your heart and soul.

Neither Christ nor Paul {among others} would have focused so heavily on love if it were not the absolute most important aspect of the truth.

If one reads the Scripture with this knowledge then the Scriptures harmonize. There are many aspects of the Scripture that I do not fully comprehend; however, I have trust that all will be revealed in good time.

Finally, I want to end with a phrase you know well. "Why worry, God is here!"

Gena, if I am out of line, then please tell me so, for this is NOT an attack on you. :)

Much Love,

Darren, aka YellowStone

buddyjc

What to do?
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2006, 02:17:02 PM »

The Concordant Literal Version completely omits verse 24, and the American Standard Version italicized the whole of verse 24 as if it was not in the Original Manuscripts.  Many translations omit verse 24 and place verses 25-27 at the end of chapter 14.

Brian

alchemist

What to do?
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2006, 06:07:16 PM »

I would like to say this out loud.People ask me where I get some of my information from but the truth is that it comes from all over the place that giving some people everything they want from me would be impossible but as for these error translations
http://www.bible-researcher.com/title.html

and I do know everything is not perefect and it could also have its mistakes,you should also probly look over and try to understand the site better.
Alchemist, what do these words speak to you, even with the changes?

same as it should to you.

And yes

16:24.  Omit "The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ [be] with you all. Amen" (the entire verse). L T Tr Am WH N NA
Verse 24 is not suppose to be there.

Also can any of you see my icon or does it just look like an x.

If you can see it than I have to fix my computer.

I'd prefer only one person to post to answer that question becuase after that I'd prefer this thread to go back to why it was orginally put here.

gmik

what to do
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2006, 09:11:46 PM »

Thanks Yellowstone alot. A word fitly spoken........ :)

orion77

What to do?
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2006, 12:16:25 AM »

(Luk 23:34)  And Jesus said, Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing. And dividing His garments, they cast a lot. Psa. 22:18

Amazing verse, sounds like a new covenant beginning:

(Jer 31:31)  Behold, the days come, says Jehovah, that I will cut a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah,

(Jer 31:32)  not according to the covenant that I cut with their fathers in the day I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt (which covenant of Mine they broke, although I was a husband to them, says Jehovah).

(Jer 31:33)  But this shall be the covenant that I will cut with the house of Israel: After those days, declares Jehovah, I will put My Law in their inward parts, and I will write it on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people.

(Jer 31:34)  And they shall no longer each man teach his neighbor, and each man his brother, saying, Know Jehovah. For they shall all know Me, from the least of them even to the greatest of them, declares Jehovah. For I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sins no more.

(Jer 31:35)  So says Jehovah, who gives the sun for a light by day, the laws of the moon, and the stars for a light by night, who stirs up the sea so that its waves roar, Jehovah of Hosts is His name.

Yet, many mistake or mingle this new covenant.

(Isa 5:20)  Woe to those who say to evil, good; and to good, evil; who put darkness for light, and light for darkness; who put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

(Isa 9:2)  The people who walk in darkness have seen a great light. The ones who dwell in the land of the shadow of death, light has shone on them.

(Isa 9:3)  You have not multiplied the nation; You have not increased the joy. They rejoice before You as in the joy of harvest, as men shout when they divide the plunder.

(Isa 9:4)  For You have broken his burdensome yoke and the staff of his shoulder, the rod of his taskmaster, as in the day of Midian.

(Isa 9:5)  For every boot of the trampler is with shaking, and a coat rolled in blood shall be burning fuel for the fire.

(Isa 9:6)  For a Child is born; to us a Son is given; and the government is on His shoulder; and His name is called Wonderful, Counselor, The Mighty God, The Everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

(Isa 9:7)  There is no end to the increase of His government and of peace on the throne of David, and on His kingdom, to order it, and to sustain it with justice and with righteousness, from now and forever. The zeal of Jehovah of Hosts will do this.

This is what is amazing to me, it is said there is no end to the INCREASE of His government and of peace.  Neverending growth in peace.

(Joh 3:19)  And this is the judgment, that the Light has come into the world, and men loved the darkness more than the Light, for their works were evil.

(Joh 3:20)  For everyone practicing wickedness hates the Light, and does not come to the Light, that his works may not be exposed.

(Joh 3:21)  But the one doing the truth comes to the Light, that his works may be revealed, that they exist, having been worked in God.

Too many scripture for some, but we can't please everyone.  The purpose of this thread is "what to do".  Love God, love our neighbor, forgive as He has forgiven us, stay in the Light, ever increasing love which is the Peace in Christ, who is in us.  

Like I said, earlier, this is what it's all about, ain't it?

God bless,

Gary

alchemist

What to do?
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2006, 12:19:39 AM »

exactly Gary.

EDIT:Sorry I made your thread steer of topic.

orion77

What to do?
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2006, 01:46:23 AM »

Quote from: alchemist
exactly Gary.

EDIT:Sorry I made your thread steer of topic.

That's alright, no need for apologies.  Just as long as we all are based upon that solid Rock foundation.

God bless,

Gary

orion77

What to do?
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2006, 11:20:48 AM »

Here are some other things we can do, to keep the peace:

(Phi 4:3)  And I also ask you, true yoke-fellow, help those who struggled along with me and with Clement in the gospel, and the rest, fellow-workers with me, whose names are in the Book of Life.

(Phi 4:4)  Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I say, Rejoice!

(Phi 4:5)  Let your reasonableness be known to all men. The Lord is near.

(Phi 4:6)  Be anxious about nothing, but in everything by prayer and by petition with thanksgivings, let your requests be made known to God;

(Phi 4:7)  and the peace of God which surpasses all understanding will keep your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

(Phi 4:8)  For the rest, brothers, whatever is true, whatever honorable, whatever is right, whatever pure, whatever lovely, whatever of good report, if of any virtue, and if of any praise, think on these things.

Here is what we should seek to become:

(Gal 5:22)  But the fruit of the Spirit is: love, joy, peace, long-suffering, kindness, goodness, faith,

(Gal 5:23)  meekness, self-control. Against such things there is not a law.

(Gal 5:24)  But the ones belonging to Christ crucified the flesh with its passions and lusts.

(Gal 5:25)  If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

(Gal 5:26)  Let us not become vainglorious, provoking one another, envying one another.

Gods WAY has proven, to me, better than my own.  It is much better to walk with Him, than against.  Been there, done that.  His yoke is much lighter.  Peace to you all.

God bless,

Gary

mercie

What to do?
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2006, 11:24:18 AM »

Encouraging Post Gary.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 20 queries.