bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: You've got to be kidding...  (Read 9011 times)

mharrell08

You've got to be kidding...
« on: December 31, 2009, 11:08:59 AM »

FYI: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34640771/ns/us_news-us_faith/

I would not give another penny to televangelists who peddle the word of God like some cheap merchandise for money. And the amount of money they extort from the public is colossal. What in the world do they do with all that money?

Never have SO MANY… accomplished SO LITTLE … with SO MUCH!
(http://bible-truths.com/tithing.html)

Marques

Ninny

Re: You've got to be kidding...
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2009, 11:42:31 AM »

Marques..that reminds me of an old, old song..I used to have a record and the song said..."take the women in the church, with the paint on their face, well what ya gonna do? Take a rag and wipe it off...let the church roll on!!" Oh my gosh!! It's the same thing Warren should have written,
"Dear church family...we know that most of you can't even pay your mortgages, put food on your table, or heat your homes, but look..the church must roll on!! So who cares about you! dig deeper and give till it hurts!"  Yep! A purpose filled life!! :P  oops..I should have said "Purpose Driven Life" it's more appropriate anyway, yes? driven like cattle? hmmm...
Kathy ;)
« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 02:30:07 PM by Ninny »

Amrhrasach

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2009, 12:06:24 PM »

FYI: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34640771/ns/us_news-us_faith/

televangelists who peddle the word of God like some cheap merchandise for money.

What in the world do they do with all that money?

Never have SO MANY… accomplished SO LITTLE … with SO MUCH!
(http://bible-truths.com/tithing.html)

Marques

Speaking of, did anyone happen to catch a "news" story last week or maybe the week before (on television somewhere I saw it)..where a church was holding weekly lottery?   Yep.   The pastor(s) decided it was time the good sheep received something more than just preaching so they hold a weekly lottery where the attendees can win $100, $500, etc.   According to the news(?) story the attendance of the church has increased very rapidly and expecting even more growth.........and more lottery.   I suppose it's no different than holding bingo at church, nonetheless it was truly a different "spin" on church growth.

Gary

Marky Mark

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2009, 12:45:00 PM »

peddle the word of God like some cheap merchandise for money

the church must roll on!! So who cares about you! dig deeper and give till it hurts!"

nonetheless it was truly a different "spin" on church growth.

Hello Marques,Kathy and Gary. :)

Tithing was initially what led me to bible-truths.com and I'm ever so grateful for Gods guidance in my life when I was led to bible-truths.com and one L Ray Smith. I for one have never thought for a moment that to give of the heart is something not to do,after all God does love a cheerful giver.But when main stream religions insist on a tithe to keep elaborate life styles afloat,well that is just plain nuts[and sinful]. The dumbing down of the lost sheep has certainly been taken to some polar extremes .I don't know what else they can do to rip you off and still keep a smile on their faces. ::)

Oh,how about this. :D :P :o

Hey, YO,YO, don't you know, you got's to give your ten percents.

Tithe Rap.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwfMMN71xUw

Peace...Mark

Ninny

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2009, 01:14:33 PM »

hehehehe!!  :D :D :P Dat made me laugh, dude!!!  8)
Kathy ;) :D

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2009, 02:25:01 PM »

If the government started taxing these so called "churches" it would thin the herd out some.

Craig

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2009, 06:53:12 PM »

I also saw that news clip about the lottery at Church. The false pastor is planning to build a new wing to the parking lot!
What happened to the IRS investigation into Joyce Meyers and Creflo Dollars empire?  Oh of course, here is what happened….they are appointed to join in the orgy of drunken fornication.

Rev 14:8  And another angel followed, saying, The great city, Babylon, has fallen, has fallen; because of the wine of the anger of her fornication; she has made all nations to drink. (The all nations are of the world who share in her plagues!)

Arc

Ninny

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2009, 07:13:45 PM »

:D :D ;D :D :o
But then again.... >:( >:( >:(
And finally.. :P
Kathy :'(  :-X just before I throw up!!

gmik

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2009, 07:47:25 PM »

But when you SEE it you SEE it......

when you can't see it, you don't SEE it.....

I still have friends who watch and send $ to these leeches(vampires on another thread!), even tho they have seen evidence by me like these links or news articles....they just don't SEE it. or they refuse to SEE it...

thank the Lord He has allowed me to SEE a little bit....we can't get proud or boastful.

Vangie

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2009, 10:53:02 PM »

Good point Gena--so true.

Patrick

« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2009, 11:12:02 PM »

Rick allegedly is a "reverse tither" (90% of money goes to the church and lives off the remaining 10%), that should reduce the 900K down a bit!  ::)

Akira329

• "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2010, 01:25:59 AM »

Reverse tithing???? Forward tithing, side ways tithing, up tithing, down tithing, 3-dimensional tithing, 4th dimensional tithing..........I'm I being too silly?? ;D
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus

Samson

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2010, 02:35:18 AM »

So True, Marques,

To part of your quote copied and pasted below in blue, my response is: " That's the fact Jack."

Never have SO MANY… accomplished SO LITTLE … with SO MUCH

It's unfortunate what these money hungry vultures do with their solicited Tithes and donations, Samson.
[/color]
« Last Edit: January 03, 2010, 04:13:45 PM by Samson »

Patrick

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2010, 02:21:31 PM »

2.4 MILLION!  :-X

Ninny

« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2010, 03:28:04 PM »

Completely unreal!!! But I guess they are considering it a real "blessing"!!  :o
hmmm, now they have a surplus!!!  :-\ what do you think they'll do with THAT?? Ask for MORE to add to that to do something REALLY stupendous???

tamaralv

« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2010, 03:43:05 PM »

If you type in Benny Hinn or any number of other televangelists into youTube or google, you'll find expose's of just what they spend that money on.  Everything from trips, limos, tailored suits, 5-star resturaunts and Hotel suites, boats, planes, multi-million dollar estates, property, etc.  You can also type in "world food shortage", "homelessness in America", etc.  People in India are dying from cancer without ANY pain medication at all, little girls are being sold into slavery all over the world so their parents can afford to feed their other children, children spending all day digging through garbage dumps looking for something to sell just so they can eat?!  When I think about all of this and consider how much these "men of God" are spending on themselves it literally makes me sick.  And the world full of people do NOTHING to stop this......it's evil and it stinks!  I know it's God's will and I know the purpose behind all of this is for the greater good of God, but it's not easy to look at and it hurts.  I just can't stop looking and hurting and loving all those that seem to have been forgotten.  And I'm sorry, I have no compassion for Rick's $900,000 need or Hinn's request for even MORE money.....he doesn't think we care because we won't send him our money and so people are going to Hell.  EVIL!
Mark, I second your request, Please come quickly, Lord Jesus!

Tammy

Kat

« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2010, 01:01:02 PM »

Hi Tammie,

Yes there is the double standard that exists in this whole, the haves and the have-nots.  Those that use duplicity to get wealthy will be held accountable and just as Jesus said we can "give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven" (Mark 10:21).  So the world is what it is right now, it's what each of us do in our on situation that makes a difference now (for those you help) and in the long run (judgment or the kingdom, which ever you receive at His appearing).  Can you imagine standing before Christ after living like that, makes you wonder what the judgment/penalty will be for those who have lived lavishly off of the poor.

I'm in agreement: come quickly, Lord Jesus!

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Ricky

« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2010, 04:09:02 PM »

Hi Kat, I might not be the brightest bulb in the box but that would be the big question, what is the punishment going to be for them and how long does it last. And what about us, I dont think we get off scott free. I can see how God could punish human beings but somehow I cant see how He would do this when we become spirits or what the punishment is for a spirit for what it did when it was human. Rick & Benny may want to wish thier christian hell is real. So what is the punishment in or of the lake of fire. A big question.
               Ricky
Your heart is God`s gift to you, what you make of it, shall be your gift to Him.

mharrell08

« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2010, 05:12:15 PM »

Hi Kat, I might not be the brightest bulb in the box but that would be the big question, what is the punishment going to be for them and how long does it last. And what about us, I dont think we get off scott free. I can see how God could punish human beings but somehow I cant see how He would do this when we become spirits or what the punishment is for a spirit for what it did when it was human. Rick & Benny may want to wish thier christian hell is real. So what is the punishment in or of the lake of fire. A big question.
               Ricky

Hello Ricky,

I don't know if anyone 'gets off scott free' in qualifying to reign in the Kingdom of God.

Acts 14:22  Confirming the souls of the disciples, and exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God.

2 Thess 1:4-5  So that we ourselves glory in you in the churches of God for your patience and faith in all your persecutions and tribulations that ye endure: Which is a manifest token of the righteous judgment of God, that ye may be counted worthy of the kingdom of God, for which ye also suffer:

But nonetheless, God has NOT appointed US to His wrath:

Rom 8:1  There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

1 Thess 1:9-10  ...how ye turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God; And to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, even Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come.

1 Thess 5:9  For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ

The wicked & unbelieving, who are appointed to God's wrath, are resurrected in physical, terrestrial bodies (http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,7474.0.html). But nonetheless, God is going to judge Satan and other spiritual demons with severe judgment, so one's body has no bearing on the severity of judgment appointed for them.

Christ likens this wrathful judgment to being in 'torment' [Gk. odynaō - sorrow, distress]

Luke 16:24-25  And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented ['odynaō'] in this flame. But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented [odynaō].

As in the parable of Lazarus and the Rich Man, the Elect will be comforted during the next age while the wicked/unbelieving are in torment/sorrow. This is not a physical condition, but an emotional/mental condition:

Luke 2:48  ...when they saw him, they were amazed: and his mother said unto him, Son, why hast thou thus dealt with us? behold, thy father and I have sought thee sorrowing [odynaō].

Mary & Joseph were sorrowful as Jesus had been missing for days...they were never physically punished but nonetheless were 'tormented/sorrowful' [odynaō].

Hope this helps,

Marques

Kat

« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2010, 05:27:53 PM »

Hi Ricky,

I have an excerpt from  'Judgment by Fire Must Begin at the House of God' that show how the Elect are being judged now.  Then an excerpt from 'The Two Judgments by FIRE' that shows how the world will be judged in the Lake of fire.

http://bible-truths.com/lake3.html --------

Before God brings a final judgment on the entirety of the world, He must first perform another judgment on another group of people. This judgment is going on right now. The world is totally unaware of this judgment, although it has been going on for two thousand years. It is happening behind the scenes. Only a relative few are participating in this judgment by fire, and they are all volunteers!
v
v
 Unless God Almighty through the purging power of His FIERY SPIRIT, is BURNING OUT the lusts and passions and vanity and haughtiness and greed and self-righteousness and laziness and weakness and hypocrisy and wickedness and pride and materialism and cynicism and depravity and carnality in your life, then Jesus Christ is not choosing you to reign with Him as the Sons of God in the Kingdom of God to bring all Heaven and Earth to repentance and salvation!
v
v
"Furthermore we have had fathers of our FLESH which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of SPIRITS, and live? For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but He for our profit, that we might be partakers of His HOLINESS.

Now no chastening for the present seems to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yields the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby" (Heb. 12:9-11).

This is not difficult to understand. Our fathers in the FLESH have corrected us with rods, straps, belts, sticks, paddles, and the back of their hand. This was done for our teaching and correcting. And it worked, "...we gave them reverence..." Now then, "...shall we not MUCH RATHER be in subjection unto the Father of SPIRITS..."?

Our Heavenly Father is NOT FLESH, but is the Father of SPIRITS! God is SPIRIT. God is working with our SPIRITUAL life. God does not chasten and correct us believers in Christ Jesus with physical rods, straps, belts, sticks, paddles, and the back of His hand! So how is it that God our Father of spirits accomplishes on a spiritual level what our physical fathers tried to accomplish on a physical level? Verse 29 gives us the answer: "For our God is a CONSUMING FIRE !"

As trash is burned and precious metals are purified by the use of LITERAL and PHYSICAL fire, so God burns our spiritual trash and purifies those qualities of character worth saving by His SYMBOLIC and SPIRITUAL fire. Physical fire is inanimate and uncaring. God’s spiritual fire is caring and loving.

There it is. There’s the gospel; there’s the purpose for human existence; there’s the plan of God. God is forming man into the very image of Himself. This requires not only a knowledge of good and evil, but an experience of good and evil. God provides both. He is calling just a few select ones out of this world now, and He will call the remainder of the human race later.

http://bible-truths.com/lake6.html ----------------------

Remember that there are two administrations of God’s purging fire: The first is on the House of God consisting of those whom God is calling to be overcomers and sons of God. The second will be at the second resurrection and white throne judgment in the lake of God’s divine purging fire. All the children of the bondwoman, the Old Covenant, the Mother Whore with her harlot daughters, will one day be the children of Heavenly Jerusalem Above, which is the MOTHER OF US ALL!
v
v
When God purges the hearts and minds of the wicked with His all-consuming spiritual fire, they will be UTTERLY ASHAMED! Notice what God says in Revelation 14:10 regarding anyone who is a part of this one world religious system:

"The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God [seeing that "For ALL nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of HER fornication…" Rev. 18:3], which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented [UTTERLY ASHAMED—spiritual and mental torment] with the fire and brimstone [God DIVINE spiritual fire] in the presence of the holy angels, and in THE PRESENCE OF THE LAMB" (Rev. 14:10).

They are going to have to face their sins and wickedness and hypocrisy, NOT in the presence of GOD ALMIGHTY, but in the presence of "the LAMB!" How embarrassing and shameful it will be for all those being purged in the God’s spiritual consuming lake of fire to see and acknowledge their whole life of sin in the very presence of the Lamb of God Who DIED FOR THEM! Every heart in the universe will melt like snow in a furnace when they face the LAMB OF GOD in their judgment!
v
v
The lake of divine spiritual fire will bring salvation to ALL THE NATIONS! "…but he himself [whomever of the billions of people purged in God’s spiritual fire] shall be SAVED; yet so as BY [God’s spiritual consuming] FIRE"! (I Cor. 3:15).
v
v
God truly is NOT A RESPECTER OF PERSONS. GOD IS ABLE TO BRING ANY PERSON TO REPENTANCE. How could anyone deny it? There is no such thing as a person being so evil that he cannot be converted by the spirit of God. But God has a timetable, and He will follow that timetable. There is great wisdom in what God does and how He does it and when He does it and to whom He does.
-------------------------------------------------------------

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 20 queries.