bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Body of Moses  (Read 4628 times)

dave

Body of Moses
« on: December 31, 2009, 04:10:18 PM »

I would like some perspective, perhaps the subject has come up, I have been off line for 3 months and do not get to check my mail often. And no time at all really to keep up with BibleTruths; but I find that there is much good insight given on this sight that I bring this up.
Jude 9 when speaking of "the body of Moses" reading a work by another saint and he spoke that perhaps we need to look at this "body Of Moses" as we look at the "body of Christ."  Like I said maybe this has come up, I have always thought, that it spoke of Moses -the physical -the man, who brought the children out of the wilderness.  But looking at the body of Moses as many membered, as the people, as the body of Christ is many members. To me it brought alot of light to a verse that leaves a person wondering what is that all about. Your thoughts.

I am saddened to here that Ray is not doing well. I can pray no harder than I do for all those that enter my prayer time, I can only pray His will be done and have faith that my prayer is His will. Thank you Jesus

mharrell08

Re: Body of Moses
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2009, 04:29:34 PM »

I would like some perspective, perhaps the subject has come up, I have been off line for 3 months and do not get to check my mail often. And no time at all really to keep up with BibleTruths; but I find that there is much good insight given on this sight that I bring this up.
Jude 9 when speaking of "the body of Moses" reading a work by another saint and he spoke that perhaps we need to look at this "body Of Moses" as we look at the "body of Christ."  Like I said maybe this has come up, I have always thought, that it spoke of Moses -the physical -the man, who brought the children out of the wilderness.  But looking at the body of Moses as many membered, as the people, as the body of Christ is many members. To me it brought alot of light to a verse that leaves a person wondering what is that all about. Your thoughts.

I am saddened to here that Ray is not doing well. I can pray no harder than I do for all those that enter my prayer time, I can only pray His will be done and have faith that my prayer is His will. Thank you Jesus

Thanks for that perspective Micah, that actually makes sense compared to the thought of Moses' literal body. I believe this is a match from the OT as well that supports the 'body of Moses' representing Jerusalem, the people, instead of a literal body.

Jude 1:7-9  Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire. Likewise also these filthy dreamers defile the flesh, despise dominion, and speak evil of dignities. Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee.

Zech 3:1-2  And he shewed me Joshua the high priest standing before the angel of the LORD, and Satan standing at his right hand to resist him. And the LORD said unto Satan, The LORD rebuke thee, O Satan; even the LORD that hath chosen Jerusalem rebuke thee: is not this a brand plucked out of the fire?

Thanks again for that info Micah...that really does make more sense and fall in line with the scriptures.

Marques

Late Edit:

More scripture on Israel being the 'body of Moses' as we, the spiritual Israel are the body of Christ:

1 Cor 10:1-2  For I do not want you to be unaware, brethren, that our fathers were all under the cloud and all passed through the sea; and all were baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea
« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 04:48:46 PM by mharrell08 »

Marky Mark

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2009, 05:05:02 PM »

Thank-you micah7:9.That certainly does shed Spiritual light on the book of Jude. ;D

Peace...Mark

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2009, 05:53:22 PM »

Yes Micah 7;9

The Old and the New covenants certainly relate to this finding as old and new wine skins and many called few chosen.

Thank you for sharing.

Arc

Akira329

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2009, 10:16:03 PM »

Sweetnesss!!!!!!!! ;D
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 23 queries.