bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I need....  (Read 7473 times)

lilitalienboi16

I need....
« on: June 17, 2006, 05:59:45 PM »

Help, i feel like God isn't with me right now.. like He has removed His protective hand from over me, and i don't know i just can't feel Him right now..

I keep thinking im being tried, or atleast my faith is... and last night i had so many thoughts running through my head i couldn't pray without having my prayer interrupted by my own thoughts every 10 seconds...

I feel like the beast is trying to re-assurt his power over me... and i don't want that to happen :(!!!

I don't know what to do........ anyone?

God bless...

Alex

YellowStone

I need....
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2006, 06:32:34 PM »

Alex, I have prayed for you and will continue to do so.

Sometimes it helps to find a quiet place and just relax. God is always with you and he will comfort you.

Hang in there Alex.

Please God, if it is your will, please being peace and comfort to Alex.

Amen

Love, Yellowstone

chrissiela

I need....
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2006, 08:02:08 PM »

Psa 23:1  <A Psalm of David.> The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.

Psa 23:2  He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.

Psa 23:3  He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

Psa 23:4  Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

Psa 23:5  Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.

Psa 23:6  Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.[/list:u]

Blessings, Alex... my thoughts and prayer are with you.

Chrissie

Indagator

I need....
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2006, 10:25:14 PM »

Keep hope, Alex. Many of us have been in that very same spot before.  In fact, it's possible that the greatest of all has felt that...

"Father, Father.  Why have you forsaken me?"

Was Jesus really forsaken? No, at least not for very long, obviously.  I think it's possible that maybe sometimes the Father withdraws from us as a method of chastisement.  A method of furthering grace if you will.  You don't know what you've got, until it's gone.  

Don't fear or be anxious though. Christ tells us that anxiety will avail us nothing since every hair of our head is already counted.  God IS in control.  Keep studying the word, keep pushing, keep trying, keep hoping.

Sometimes, when all around you seems so dark, it's because you're called upon to be the light in that darkness.  Remember that light?

Joh 1:5  and the light in the darkness did shine, and the darkness did not perceive it.

Keep the faith!  It's all a process and a part of growing  :D .

Someone remind me of this if I'm dealing with it again please  :lol:

rocky

I need....
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2006, 10:27:44 PM »

Alex, i have noticed my life is like the waves of the ocean.  Up for awhile then falling down again, only to rise back up with new hope.  Each bottom seem hopeless, and each top, restores hope and a deeper intimacy with Him.  

I will pray for u in this time, just remember he never leaves you nor forsakes you, and his protective net of love is always there.  

Psa 30:5  ..... weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning.

longhorn

Re: I need....
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2006, 11:51:46 PM »

Quote from: lilitalienboi16
Help, i feel like God isn't with me right now.. like He has removed His protective hand from over me, and i don't know i just can't feel Him right now..

I keep thinking im being tried, or atleast my faith is... and last night i had so many thoughts running through my head i couldn't pray without having my prayer interrupted by my own thoughts every 10 seconds...

I feel like the beast is trying to re-assurt his power over me... and i don't want that to happen :(!!!

I don't know what to do........ anyone?

God bless...

Alex.  I know exactly how you feel as I just went through a VERY DRY spell.  I could not pray, heck I didn't want to pray, old habits welcomed me home with open arms, I cursed God, and any and every person, place or thing that would not see things from my perspective.  Love was replaced with DEEP SEATED hatred and I couldn't understand WHY ME.  It was like God was playing some kind of trick on me.  I could go on and on.  Im just an old country boy and not very good with words, but you must know the brothers and sisters from this forum are praying for you, and truely care about you.  

Love in Christ
Longhorn

Alex

Daniel

I need....
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2006, 11:57:07 PM »

You guys are so encouraging, amen Longhorn that was from the heart. Alex your alright pal, we do go through this. Don't feel like this is abnormal alright? You not.

I sent you a PM.

Gods grace, and comfort come to you shortly

Peace

Daniel

longhorn

I need....
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2006, 12:05:04 AM »

Alex, If you need a good laugh, just look at my last post to you.  Sorin, Isabell, and many others here spent the better part of Friday evening trying to teach me how to "QUOTE TEXT IN REPLIES" and as you can tell, Im still a work in progress, in more ways than one.

Longhorn

gmik

I need help
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2006, 01:34:24 AM »

Amen to all the other posts.  I will be praying for you.

The Teacher is always quiet during a test!

The fact that you came to the forum shows "the beast" is not getting you.

Renew your mind with the Word.

My favorite......What time I am afraid I will trust in You, What time I am afraid I will trust in You.....it is better than counting sheep.

lilitalienboi16

I need....
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2006, 05:25:48 AM »

Thank you all very much for the kind words, it does uplift my spirit to see everyone here is right by my side, and that God has not forsaken me. It really did bring a smile to my face at this late a time. (12:24 at night)

Thanks for the prayers also, its been kind of a dry spell as you put it longhorn, my old habbits, they are fighting me at every turn trying to catch me when my guard is down..

Ah yes and longhorn after seeing how you quoted me and replied in the quote, and then said how you were learning not to do that but are still doing it, i found that pretty humerouse, thanks for the laugh bud :)

Much love to all and blessings,

Alex

hillsbororiver

I need....
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2006, 11:31:22 AM »

Alex,

I seem to experience this very same thing in low tides and high tides, never knowing when it (His Spirit) will ebb and when it will flow. There is much scripture relating to our troubles, trials & tribulations here and it is all a part of our growing process, growing pains so to speak.

As Paul would say, rejoice in your trials, it is the Lord chastening you, have faith His comforting Spirit will show Himself to you shortly.

An older Italian boy,  

Joe

lilitalienboi16

I need....
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2006, 06:58:44 PM »

Quote from: hillsbororiver
Alex,

I seem to experience this very same thing in low tides and high tides, never knowing when it (His Spirit) will ebb and when it will flow. There is much scripture relating to our troubles, trials & tribulations here and it is all a part of our growing process, growing pains so to speak.

As Paul would say, rejoice in your trials, it is the Lord chastening you, have faith His comforting Spirit will show Himself to you shortly.

An older Italian boy,  

Joe

Thats exactly what im doing... holding on to Jesus even though i can't feel Him, im fighting it, im hanging on with all i can.

Thanks brother for the comfort,

the lil italin boi ;)

Alex

love_magnified

I need....
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2006, 04:40:50 PM »

lilitalienboi16,
Just try to keep in mind that feelings are feelings are feelings. They are not truth. You may have a whole poopload of feelings to deal with, but they are not indicative of where God is. He is a rock lilitalienboi16 and cannot be swayed to leave you for any reason if you are seeking him. Rejoice that he is more faithful than men. I'm not sure how this will be taken but I know it is true: God is more faithful to you than you could ever be to him. but part of his faithfulness is letting you go through the fire to show you how genuine your faith is. Don't rely on feelings. Stand on faith. I hope that helps.

dogcombat

I need....
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2006, 04:53:56 PM »

As far as feelings go, if they're tuned to the right frequency, you'll find out where you're being led Alex.  For instance, if your mind is tuned to Christ, you flesh will constantly rebel against you.  Paul spoke of it in Romans 7.  Keep your chin up, and humbly walk as you're led by the Spirit Of The Lord.  (it's easier said than done)

Ches

zander

I need....
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2006, 07:26:30 AM »

Hey Alex, recently i have been having the same problem since me and my girlfriend split up.  I sit in bed and i cant be bothered to pray.  He has taken away from me someone i love and a best friend.  crap, let me tell you.  Im 31 and i was hoping this would be it.

Lightseeker

I need....
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2006, 02:04:11 PM »

Alex,

There is learning in the wilderness.  If it were not so then I would have hung it up long ago.  This last trip for me has been going on two years...so I can truly identify with what you're feeling.  But it has been said: "Why were the children in the wilderness for 40 years?"....Because 39 wasn't long enough.

If there be any incouragement from me let it be this.  In the wilderness times I often cried out to God, "When are you going to let it rain again in this dry time of my walk?"  His reply which I've only heard fairly recently was this.  "In the wilderness...it doesn't rain.  You must draw deeply from wells of the water within."  Not sure what all that means yet, but coming from wheat country I have an idea.  The wheat that experiences drought has a higher protein content and is therefore healthier.  Hang in there...and you will come out healthier.

jennie

comfort
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2006, 02:30:03 PM »

Even though I have been away for a while and don't know you very well, I wanted to write you. As I read the posts from Zander and Alex, I couldn't help the tears that came to my eyes. Sometimes it does feel like you are all alone. I was and still am in that place at times, after my Mama was killed. She went on April 1 and my Daddy went April 9. Sometimes we just don't know why things happen but they do. Please rest assured that we are praying for you and God is right there with you. H does understand "the groanings of our hearts" when we can't even say the words. Love and prayers, Jennie

Falconn003

I need....
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2006, 03:38:50 PM »

de-ja-vu
 :shock:

Rodger

lilitalienboi16

I need....
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2006, 01:38:32 AM »

Thank you all so much, im sorry for the late replies..

Someone mentioned that when our emotions are tuned to Christ the flesh rebels alot more, i know exactly what you mean.

In this dry time for me, i seem like i can do anything now and it doesn't get me like it did. Before i would notice it, now i slip a cuss word here, or don't controle my lustfull thoughts here and there, i can really see this in this time, im still holding on, but it still is the same. Your words from all of you have been so encouraging, and dear Zander brother im right there wih you, let us struggle together my friend. So we can be holding the crowns at the end. Uplift one another, wasn't that what paul said?

Bobby i read your posts, and everyone elses, and yes i know the picture you are speaking of. Its on my myspace. It truly is an amazing picture, and if you didn't notice the man is holding HAMMERS AND NAILS.

"Love your enemies..." Mat 5:44 :)

God bless,

Alex

lilitalienboi16

I need....
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2006, 01:39:51 AM »

This is exactly how i feel right now, Crying out to God...

Bring rivers in this wasteland
Clouds into this sky
Bring springs of life into the wells that have been run dry

Rise up in this city
Gather in this light
Fall down on your people
Your glory and your life

Rain
Lord we thirst for water
Rain
We are desert Land
Rain
On your sons and daughters
Rain
Bring your rain again

Speak dreams into this water
And vision to this land
That oceans be divided
And bring forth life again

Rise up in this city
Gather in this light
Fall down on your people
Your glory and your life

Chorus x 2

Let the tide roll in
Washing over our lives
Let your water fall again

Bring rivers in this wasteland
Clouds into the sky

Chorus x 2

Bring your rain again
Let your water fall down
<b>Bring your rain again now</b>
(repeat)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 21 queries.