bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pain and joy  (Read 4189 times)

CEO

Pain and joy
« on: January 05, 2010, 04:42:04 PM »

Hi

Attended the funeral of my cousin Chuck's mom yesterday. (Monday).  What do you think of her saying, through her pastor, to her four children, 'the happiest day of my life was the day I brought you into the world.?'

That statement was emotionally stunning to me.  After dwelling on it I think of her turning her funeral into making others (her children) feel immensely loved.  I also think of the physical pain of childbirth becoming incidental to the joy of a new creation, a child.  Think of it-one of the most painful experiences (childbirth) results in the most happy day.  Physical pain Spiritual joy.

Then I think of God birthing wisdom.  He went through the pain (Prov 8:24) 'of producing wisdom,' v.30 'filled with delight day after day' v31 'rejoicing in his whole world and delighting in mankind'.  Sound like mother and child?  Is God showing us through the living of our lives glimpses of His plan for man?

Askseeknock

Charles O

OBrenda

Re: Pain and joy
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2010, 04:58:25 PM »

He is alway's teaching us spiritual truths,
It's amazing that we see these lessons everywhere!!

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2010, 06:22:31 PM »

I'm glad her message reached here, by the Grace of God.  "For God so loved the world..."  Thanks for bringing it.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2010, 11:10:57 AM »

Is God showing us through the living of our lives glimpses of His plan for man?

Rom 1:20  For the unseen things of Him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being realized by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead

Psa 19:1  To the Chief Musician. A Psalm of David. The heavens declare the glory of God; and the expanse proclaims His handiwork.

1Co 2: 10-13 (Weymouth NT)
10  For us, however, God has drawn aside the veil through the teaching of the Spirit; for the Spirit searches everything, including the depths of the divine nature.
11  For, among human beings, who knows a man's inner thoughts except the man's own spirit within him? In the same way, also, only God's Spirit is acquainted with God's inner thoughts.
12  But we have not received the spirit of the world, but the Spirit which comes forth from God, that we may know the blessings that have been so freely given to us by God.
13  Of these we speak--not in language which man's wisdom teaches us, but in that which the Spirit teaches--adapting, as we do, spiritual words to spiritual truths.

The creation and the heavens are physical realities bearing witness to the invisible “power and Godhead…” As our spiritual eyes are opened,  we begin to know what cannot be seen, we begin to comprehend what can not be taught literaly, we begin to see things that cannot be seen physically and that require the Spirit of God to open our spiritual eyes and ears to glimpse the invisible.

1Co 13:12  For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall fully know even as I also am fully known.

2Co 3:18  But we all, with our face having been unveiled, having beheld the glory of the Lord as in a mirror, are being changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Lord Spirit.

Not everyone have their spiritual eyes opened yet.

"Because it is given unto YOU to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to THEM it is NOT GIVEN" (Matt. 13:11). Ref: The Lake of Fire! Part1V Understanding Spiritual things.

Arc
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 12:16:41 PM by Arcturus »

Ninny

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2010, 11:51:13 AM »

Charles, thank you for posting that..it was very beautiful! As a mother I can relate to that! Not many experiences in life can compare to knowing at the end of the pain is extreme love and joy! It is an analogy about our life in this world..the pain and suffering here and now and the joy that comes "in the morning"!! :D
Kathy :-*
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 22 queries.