bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Review Basics at Bible Truths.  (Read 10087 times)

Samson

Review Basics at Bible Truths.
« on: January 06, 2010, 12:30:11 PM »

Hello Forum Members,

I decided it would be beneficial, especially to newer members to review some of the Basic Teachings found at this Site. This Thread will hopefully enabled new members that haven't read or remembered the points supporting these Truths. For many this exercise will be elementary, but with the added insight and expressions from other members, this should prove to help at least some retain. So, feel free to make comments, Scriptures and illustrations to add to this exercise. Also, if one wants to add other Sub-headings to what they consider fundamental or basic, that would be appreciated.

I. MAN DOES NOT HAVE FREE WILL.

Every choice a person makes has some prior cause whether internal or external. If a person had free will, every choice they make would have no prior cause that influenced that choice. The choice could be influenced by prior experience, emotions(anger, love, jealosy, fear;etc). Someone might claim that they made a choice because God's Spirit is dwelling in me, well, even this choice has a cause: God's Spirit causing you to do something. Consider some Scriptures found below(Caps for emphasis).

Romans.8:20 " For the creation was subjected to futility, NOT WILLINGLY, but because of HIM who subjected it in hope."

Ephesians.1:4,5,11 " just as HE CHOSE US in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be Holy and without blame before Him in love. Having predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of HIS WILL. In Him we have obtained an inheritance being predestined according to the purpose of him who works all things according to the counsel of HIS WILL."

John.8:28 " I do nothing of myself, but as my Father taught me, I speak these things." (paraphrased)

See: Romans.9:15-23( God hardened pharoahs heart, he wanted to let the Israelites go, but God kept hardening his heart, so he wouldn't let them go. He has mercy on who He wills and hardens who He wills.

Examples of those caused to make choices(no free will): Peter fled and abandoned Christ due to fear, but Jesus said he would deny him; Peter said: I will not. Paul was persecuting the followers of the way, having them arrested, put in prison and executed, approving the stoning of Stephen, but while on the road to Damascus he saw a light and heard a voice asking why Paul was persecuting Him, in verse 6 Paul asked Jesus what he wanted him to do.(Acts.9:1-6.)

II. EVERYONE EVENTUALLY SAVED.
    (SCRIPTURES PARAPHRASED)

I Tim.4:10( Savior of all men, especially believers)
1Tim. 2:3-6(Wills all men to be saved, A ransom for all, desires all to come to repentance)
2Peter.3:9(Not willing any perish, desires all to attain to repentance)
1John4:14(The Father sent or comissioned Jesus to be the Savior of the World)
Phillipians.2:10,11( Every knee should bow of those in Heaven and under the earth confessing Jesus as Lord to the Glory of God the Father).

See Colossians.1:20; 1Corinthians.15:22-28; Acts.3:21; Ephesians. 2:8,9; 1John.2:2; John.

III. PUNISHMENT AND JUDGEMENT ARE REMEDIAL AND BENEFICIAL TO THE SINNER.

Isaiah. 26:9 " WHEN HIS Judgements are in the earth, the inhabitants of the world WILL learn righteousness."

Acts. 17:31 " Because he has appointed a day, in which He will judge the world in righteousness."

Genesis. 18:25 " Is the judge of the earth not going to do what is right." OR " shall not the judge of the earth DO JUSTICE" Justice translated from Hebrew word Mishpat meaning, a quality of being just or fair, so justice is " just and fair." The Greek Word is Krisis denoting the process of investigation, a judging and is virtually equivalent to Krima, Greek word usually translated as Damnation or condemnation- the decision resulting from an investigation.

The word punishment found at Matthew.25:46 is taken from the Greek Word Kolasin which the root word kolos, kolazo literally means to prune and is correctly translated as Chastening with a view to the correction and improvement of the individual receiving it. Note: The greek word Kolasin(Chastisement) should be distinguished from the Greek word Timoria(punishment or penalty) emphasizing the vindictive side of punishment benefitting only the one applying the punishment to the receiver of it.(Acts.26:11).

The word destruction found at Matthew.7:13 is taken from the Greek word Apollumi literally means "Lost, Losing, Ruin." and is the same Greek word found at Matthew. 18:11 " For the Son of Man came to save that which was lost(Apollumi)." So, Jesus came to save those that are Spiritually Lost or destroyed or ruined.

The word Destruction found at 1Cor. 5:5(destruction of the flesh to SAVE THE SPIRIT in the day of the Lord) is taken from the Greek Word Oleuthros and is related to Apollumi and is also found at 2Thessalonians. 1:9(punished with Eonian destruction from the presence of the Lord). Remember, the purpose of this destruction is to save the Spirit by the destruction of the flesh(carnal mind).

IV. FIRST COME THE PHYSICAL AND THEN THE SPIRITUAL.

Remember, there is nothing physical that can make you Spiritual. Water Baptism, Circumcision, Sabbath Keeping, Partaking of the Bread & Wine, Physical Healing;etc. are merely symbols of their Spiritual reality.Water Baptism only a symbol of being Spiritually baptised unto His death and in his Name. Circumcision in flesh symbolizes being Spiritually circumcised in heart and spirit. Sabbath Keepers have not yet entered His into Spiritual Rest(Heb.4:3). Those who drink the wine and eat the wafer have not Spiritually eaten his Blood and Body. None of the Physical healings that Jesus and the Apostles performed made anyone Spiritually healed. All these physical things foreshadowed the Spiritual benefit.

John.6:60-66(paraphrase point) " IT IS THE SPIRIT THAT GIVES LIFE, THE FLESH PROFITS NOTHING, THE WORDS I SPEAK TO YOU  ARE SPIRIT AND THEY ARE LIFE."

My Spirit is willing, but my flesh is weakening, so I call upon others:(Marques, Kat, George, Daywalker, Dave in Tennesee, Joe Hillsbororiver, Arcturus, Beloved and others to assist in this endeavor of review by adding to this thread with their comments, Scriptures, Sub-Headings and elaboration. Below, I will add a few more basic points gleaned from Ray's teachings, but I will not elaborate, I will save that for YOU(Forum Members).

1. MANY ARE CALLED(BELIEVERS FROM THE CHURCH SYSTEMS), BUT FEW ARE CHOSEN(GOD'S ELECT)
2. ALL OF THE PARABLES ARE ONE AND ARE SPIRITUAL(meaning the many called and few chosen)
3. THE FIRES OF GEHENNA & THE LAKE ARE SPIRITUAL FOR THE BENEFIT OF SPIRITUALLY BURNING OUT THE CARNAL FILTH AND DROSS OF HUMANS(God is a consuming and refiners fire)
4. JUDGEMENT BEGINS AT THE HOUSE OF GOD(God's chosen Elect are judged during this Age(their lifetime). Everyone else is judged in righteousness after the Resurrection.
5. THE ENGLISH WORDS EVERLASTING, ETERNAL AND FOREVER DO NOT BELONG IN THE BIBLE( They are mistranslations of the Greek Words Aionios(Eonian, age-abiding, literally meaning "pertaining to the Ages, denoting a beginning and an ending); Aions(Ages unto the Ages, not Forever commonly found in Revelation usually rendered Forever and Ever or Ever and Evermore). Note: How many Forevers can their be, that should bring up a red flag. Aion(An Age, sometimes mistranslated World(Greek-Kosmos- meaning, order of things; example: Matt.24:3(sign of your Coming and End of the Age(mistranslated World, scholars try to use Aion synonymously with Kosmos).
6. MAN IS MORTAL AND THE WAGES OF SIN IS DEATH, NOT INHERENT IMMORTALITY(Greek-Athanasia means Deathlessness) AND IS GIVEN AFTER THE RESURRECTION, IN THE MEANTIME EVERYONE IS DEAD, DEATH IS SLEEP. EONIAN LIFE IS THE LIFE OF THE AGE NOT ETERNAL LIFE, obviously when one attains immortality, they will live endlessly, but not until they receive immortality.(Read 1Cor. chapter 15)
7. GOD'S JUDGEMENTS ARE NOT PHYSICALLY LITERAL, Theologicians and Bible Scholars like to pick and chose. Example: " If your eye offends you, cut it out or if your hand offends you, cut it off, for it's better to go into life maimed, then your whole body thrown into Gehenna." Matthew. 5:29,30. If that was physically literal, there would be alot of people walking around with plucked out eyes and cut off hands, probably everyone.

Yes, I've come to the conclusion of this thread, material was taken from memory, referencing Ray's articles, Strongs Bible Dictionary, the Scriptures. All of the material was type written, no copying and pasting, too much computer navigating for my level of of computer experience. A side note: For you newcomers, prior to Ray's illness, he used to spend at least 10 hours daily researching, referencing, studying, typing and meditating on these Spiritual Truths. I spent 5 hours and I'm cooked. The point is that Ray had to have God's Spirit to sustain him in doing all of this for many years, devoting all those hours.

Awaiting your responses, Samson.

P.S. I think that I will stick to Off topic Threads for now, no more serious Threads for awhile, ;D

« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 03:59:38 PM by Samson »

Stacey

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Review Basics at Bible Truths.
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2010, 12:54:48 PM »

Thank You Samson for this well put together Refresher Course. I'm gonna print this out to share. Great Job!
Stacey

Extol

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2010, 02:27:35 PM »

For me, God's sovereignty has been the greatest Truth I've learned from this website. Learning about the salvation of all was a more awesome, in-your-face truth, but the sovereignty of God is even greater, because it is more all-encompassing. Everything, including the final destiny of man, falls under this truth. This has been a source of great comfort for me: to learn that God is sovereign over all the world and everyone in it, and has taken responsibility for the correction and salvation of all. And he is not only sovereign over kings and rulers and the far-off future, but over my own life as well; my daily circumstances, my travels, my work and education, where I will live in the future, and where I will work, and whom I will marry. It is already written.

~The king’s heart is in the hand of the Lord, as the rivers of water:  He turns it whithersoever he will. (Prov. 21:1).

~The preparations of the heart in man, and the answer of the tongue, is from the Lord. (Prov. 16:1).

~Man’s goings are of the Lord; how can a man then understand his own way? (Prov. 20:24).

~ I know, LORD, that a person's life is not his own. No one is able to plan his own course. (Jer. 10:23 NLT)

~it is God which works in you BOTH TO WILL and TO DO of His good pleasure.  (Phil. 2:13).

~..Who works all things after the counsel of HIS OWN WILL. (Eph. 1:11)

~because of Him, and through Him, and to Him [are] the all things; to Him [is] the glory -- to the ages. Amen. (Rom. 11:36)

~Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure: Calling a ravenous bird from the east, the man that executeth my counsel from a far country: yea, I have spoken it, I will also bring it to pass; I have purposed it, I WILL ALSO DO IT. (Isa. 46:10-11)

~You know me inside and out,
      you know every bone in my body;
   You know exactly how I was made, bit by bit,
      how I was sculpted from nothing into something.
   Like an open book, you watched me grow from conception to birth;
      all the stages of my life were spread out before you,
  The days of my life all prepared
      before I'd even lived one day
  (Ps. 139:14-16, The Message)

Brett

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2010, 01:45:39 AM »

Hey thank Samson!

Extol, excellent reveal about God's sovereign, thank you!!!

indianabob

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2010, 12:38:39 PM »

Samson's refresher,

Thanks Brad,

Much appreciated and helpful.

Only 5 hours a day? Well that's a start. I'm sure that you will do better as the days pass. [smile]   ;D

I get really challenging ideas along this line and sit down to write and after a paragraph or two my mind begins to wander. Is this what I want to say or is it the other thing I want to say. etc etc.

So, I really appreciate that you can put it together logically.

Keep up the good work.

Indiana Bob

Samson

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2010, 02:19:51 PM »

Samson's refresher,

Thanks Brad,

Much appreciated and helpful.

Only 5 hours a day? Well that's a start. I'm sure that you will do better as the days pass. [smile]   ;D

I get really challenging ideas along this line and sit down to write and after a paragraph or two my mind begins to wander. Is this what I want to say or is it the other thing I want to say. etc etc.

So, I really appreciate that you can put it together logically.

Keep up the good work.

Indiana Bob

Thanks for the encouragement Bob.

Actually alot more Basic information could be presented, as the seasoned veterans at Bible Truths, already know. One of the purposes was to influence the newer members in doing more personal research after getting a taste of some basics. This would hope to reduce the " What about this Scripture Syndrome." Also we should remember that no scripture is it's own interpretation, other Scriptural Witnesses are necessary.

Kind Regards, Samson.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 03:56:02 PM by Samson »

daywalker

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2010, 02:28:02 PM »

This is an awesome post, Samson, thank you for this!

Since you asked, I will add a few things, though, for the record, you covered everything quite eloquently.

On the topic of Gehenna and the Lake of Fire, under Judgment, I made the connection a while ago [actually, I believe Ray made a quick reference to it either in one of his articles or an email, and I meditated on it many times since...] between the 'baptism of fire' and the 'lake of fire':

Matthew 3:11 For I [John the baptist], indeed, am baptizing you in water for repentance, yet He Who is coming after me is stronger than I, Whose sandals I am not competent to bear. He [Jesus Christ] will be baptizing you in holy spirit and fire,

The next verse explains what happens during this 'BAPTISM of holy spirit and FIRE':

12 Whose winnowing shovel is in His hand, and He will be scouring His threshing floor, and will be gathering His grain into His barn, yet the chaff will He be burning up with unextinguished fire.

Wheat and Chaff are NOT represent of good and bad people, but is rather represent of separating the bad from a person. See image below, the chaff surrounds the wheat, and must be taken off [winnowed]:

http://www.nypost.com/r/nypost/blogs/soccerblog/200905/Images/200905_WheatFromTheChaff.jpg

Now the connection with the Lake of Fire:

Rev 20:15 And if anyone was not found written in the scroll of life, he was cast into the LAKE of fire.

Strong's #G3041: limnē  lim'-nay
Probably from G3040 (through the idea of nearness of shore); a pond (large or small): - lake.

Clearly this 'lake' cannot be some bottomless pit as Christendom claims... The Greek word literally is 'pond' and refers the idea of 'nearness of shore'! Just as John the Baptist baptized people in water on the shores of the river Jordan, likewise all who are take part of the Final Judgment will be 'baptized' in the Pond of Fire. And we know what the end result is, for the Scriptures tell us:

1 Co 3:11 For other foundation can no one lay beside that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ."
12 Now if anyone is building on this foundation gold and silver, precious stones, wood, grass, straw,
[i.e. chaff]
13 each one's WORK will become apparent, for the day will make it evident, for it is being revealed by fire. And the fire, it will be testing each one's WORK - what kind it is." [Notice the fire doesn't torture anyone, it tests their 'works' or deeds/acts]
14 If anyone's work will be remaining which he builds on it, he will get wages."
15 If anyone's WORK shall be burned up
[by the FIRE that revealed it], he will forfeit it, yet he shall be SAVED, yet thus, as THROUGH FIRE."

This Fire doesn't destroy humans; it SAVES THEM!

Daywalker  8)

PS: AMEN to your post Extol! This is an enigma to those still stuck in Babylon. The truth is like you stated God indeed is in control... of everything... at all times! Every single doctrine of Christendom crumbles under the 'feet' of this Bible Truth  :D

Samson

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2010, 12:43:01 PM »

Thankyou Extol & Daywalker for your added insights,

Forgot this Scripture posted by Extol found below in blue and her points about God's Sovereignty were valuable.

Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure: Calling a ravenous bird from the east, the man that executeth my counsel from a far country: yea, I have spoken it, I will also bring it to pass; I have purposed it, I WILL ALSO DO IT. (Isa. 46:10-11)

Also, Christopher's(Daywalker) points defining more clearly the purpose of Fire and the explanation he provided.

Thanks, Samson.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 10:09:13 AM by Samson »

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2010, 01:09:47 PM »

It is good to exercise one's knowledge of these Truths of God.  "Iron sharpens iron" is just as
fitting for women as it is for men. :)

Arc

Extol

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2010, 10:29:03 PM »

Thankyou Extol & Daywalker for your added insights,

Forget this Scripture posted by Extol found below in blue and her points about God's Sovereignty were valuable.

Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure: Calling a ravenous bird from the east, the man that executeth my counsel from a far country: yea, I have spoken it, I will also bring it to pass; I have purposed it, I WILL ALSO DO IT. (Isa. 46:10-11)

Also, Christopher's(Daywalker) points defining more clearly the purpose of Fire and the explanation he provided.

Thanks, Samson.

Yes, that is one of my very favorite Scriptures...probably Top Ten!
Oh, and I am a him, Samson.  ;) :D ;D

mharrell08

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2010, 10:19:23 AM »

Quotes from Lake of Fire series Part 1 (http://bible-truths.com/lake1.html):

Symbols, metaphors, and parables ARE NEVER  LITERALLY TRUE! But they powerfully demonstrate SPIRITUAL TRUTHS!

All languages have many, many figures of speech that are not literally true. And God also uses symbols, figures, idioms, metaphors and parables, over and over in His Word--hundreds and hundreds of times!

Again I state: All God’s Word is TRUE, however, much of it is figurative language which is not literally true to fact, but rather in what the figurative language of symbols, metaphors, and parables represent.

Be it known however, that the lake of fire and the second death DO INDEED picture something spiritual that relates to or has some properties of, LITERAL FIRE and LITERAL DEATH. Without some similar properties, the metaphor would be meaningless.

A friend and I were talking once and the subject of the Lake of Fire came up, particularly the order it was done in. We both thought at the time, why didn't Ray do the material of Part 2 (Origin of Satan, Evil, Sin) first? It seemed logical, if talking about 'origin' why not that subject first?

But some time afterward, when reading through the LOF series again, I saw 'why' Ray was lead to go in the order he did. This first installment is ESSENTIAL in understanding not only the Lake of Fire but also the entire Bible.

The reason why all of us trip up when first attempting to understand the scriptures after coming out of the church is because we have 'baggage' that we bring with us. This baggage simply refers to the way we think and look at the scriptures. Some have more baggage than others, but either way, this baggage continually trips us up in our walk with Christ. And one big piece of luggage is 'Literal, literal, literal...the scriptures are LITERAL!'

Now, this is not to say certain events did not happen (ie. Abraham leaving his pagan country, Joseph sold down into Egypt, David ruling over Judah & Israel, etc.) but only the 'meaning' of these events have a higher, spiritual purpose. These events that happened, especially in the OT, had a higher, spiritual meaning than what happened. These events were only a metaphor for a spiritual reality.

Now some examples even a child could understand (David & Goliath, Noah's ark), other examples it takes more spiritual maturity (Lake of Fire, Joseph & and his brothers, Christ's earthly ministry with apostles). But the key to understanding is the same for both categories, Ray goes over relying on scriptural principles in helping our understanding here: http://bible-truths.com/twelve.htm

This paper is a GREAT read and will help one's understanding in remarkable ways. Great thread Samson

Thanks,

Marques

Ninny

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2010, 11:14:33 AM »

Thanks Samson... you know Extol, the sovereignty of God was a wonderful truth to learn..to know that God is in control of all things and all things are under His control was a HUGE thing for me!! Marques..that "baggage" is real and it takes a while to get rid of all of it!!
Kathy :D

Samson

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2010, 12:41:11 PM »

Yes Marques,

I especially appreciated a quote from your post copied and pasted below in blue regarding Literal, Literal, Literal. Read below !

The reason why all of us trip up when first attempting to understand the scriptures after coming out of the church is because we have 'baggage' that we bring with us. This baggage simply refers to the way we think and look at the scriptures. Some have more baggage than others, but either way, this baggage continually trips us up in our walk with Christ. And one big piece of luggage is 'Literal, literal, literal...the scriptures are LITERAL!'

Yes, at times I trip up when considering the Scriptures in the Old Testament and what they Spiritually represent, so thanks for the reminder and the information from Ray and the point regarding the order of His Lake of Fire Series.

Kind Regards, Samson.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2010, 04:58:18 PM »

Here is another Witness to the Sovereignty of God from no less than Nebuchadnezzar. This Scripture is also prophetic in that  it points to the end of days when every knee will bow and God will be all in all.

Dan 4:34  And at the end of days, I Nebuchadnezzar lifted up my eyes to Heaven, and my understanding returned to me, and I blessed the Most High, and I praised and honored Him who lives forever, whose kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and His rule is from generation to generation.
Dan 4:35  And all the people of the earth are counted as nothing; and He does according to His will in the army of heaven, and among the people of the earth. And none can strike His hand, or say to Him, What are You doing?

Arc

Extol

« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2010, 05:43:12 PM »

Great Scripture Arcturus!
 I've liked that story for a long time, but I never really grasped the full meaning of it (when I was in the Church). He does according to His will! None can say 'What are yuo doing?' !

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2010, 05:48:17 AM »

I am glad you understand now Extol :D

Here are a few more Scriptures that show God is in control of EVERYTHING and EVERYONE!

Deu 30:1  And it shall be when all these things have come on you, the blessing and the curse which I have set before you, and when you shall call them to mind among all the nations where Jehovah your God has driven you,
Deu 30:2  and shall return to Jehovah your God and shall obey His voice according to all that I command you today, you and your sons, with all your heart, and with all your soul,
Deu 30:3  then Jehovah your God will turn your captivity. And He will have compassion on you, and will return and gather you from all the nations where Jehovah your God has scattered you.
Deu 30:4  If you are driven out into the outermost parts of the heavens, Jehovah your God will gather you from there, and He will bring you from there.
Deu 30:5  And Jehovah your God will bring you into the land which your fathers possessed, and you shall possess it. And He will do you good, and multiply you above your fathers.
Deu 30:6  And Jehovah your God will circumcise your heart and the heart of your seed, to love Jehovah your God with all your heart and with all your soul, so that you may live.
Deu 30:7  And Jehovah your God will put all these curses on your enemies, and on those that hate you, who persecuted you.
Deu 30:8  And you shall return and obey the voice of Jehovah, and do all His commandments which I command you today.

Jer 3:14  Turn, O backsliding sons, says Jehovah; for I am married to you; and I will take you one from a city, and two from a family, and I will bring you to Zion.
Jer 3:15  And I will give you shepherds according to My heart, who shall feed you with knowledge and understanding.
Jer 3:16  And it will be when you have multiplied and increased in the land, in those days, says Jehovah, they shall say no more, The ark of the covenant of Jehovah! Nor shall it come to mind; nor shall they remember it; nor shall they visit it; nor shall it be made any more

Jer 27:21  yes, so says Jehovah of Hosts, the God of Israel, concerning the vessels that remain in the house of Jehovah and in the house of the king of Judah and of Jerusalem:
Jer 27:22  They shall be carried to Babylon, and they shall be there until the day that I visit them, says Jehovah. Then I will bring them up and give them back to this place.

Jer 30:24  The fierce anger of Jehovah shall not return until He has done it, and until He has fulfilled the purposes of His heart. In the latter days you shall understand it. 8)

Phil3:10

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2010, 02:24:08 PM »

Arc,
GOD'S total sovereignty is my only hope. HE is all, i am nothing. Thanks for the scriptures.
In HIM,
Phil3:10

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2010, 04:46:55 PM »

Hello Phil3:10

Lam 3:26  It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD.
Zec 9:12  Turn you to the strong hold, ye prisoners of hope: even to day do I declare that I will render double unto thee

Arc

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2010, 08:32:06 PM »

Hi Samson.  You can Roman Numeralize this any way you see fit.   :D  I want to list the major 'revelations' in the order which I received them.

1.  God is Love.  No...He really is!  He really does love all the little children of the world.  He really does love His enemies, including me.  I 'knew it' all along, but church doctrine had stolen it away from me.  No Hell.

2.  There is no good thing in me.  The Beast is me.  Judgement is not only necessary, but good--for a purpose and not forever.

3.  God is creating humanity in His image.  There is a purpose for the universe, for all this good and evil, and for my own stupid life as well.  He has revealed how He will do it, and hidden that information as well.

4.  Babylon and the Synagogue of Satan.  Losing my religion.   :) 

5.  God is Sovereign.  He has all power and authority to do His will.  He is not thwarted by his enemies, including Satan, and the 'free-will' of man.

6.  God is a family.

A lot of overlap in there, but those are the themes which began to change my life.  I doubt that's exactly what you were looking for, but I lack organizational skills.   ;D 

Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

LiberatedEagle

« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2010, 07:37:58 PM »

Thank you Samson and all other brothers and sisters for your labor of love.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 22 queries.