bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: receiving the holy spirit  (Read 6871 times)

gallenwalsh

receiving the holy spirit
« on: January 06, 2010, 09:03:31 PM »

I just have to ask anyone if they believe they have been given the holy spirit. I would think that just as in the old testament it would be a life changing experience that one would not forget. Has Ray shared his receiving of the holy spirit ? I have not found it any ware.Any comments appreciated.

Roy Martin

Re: receiving the holy spirit
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2010, 08:24:20 AM »

I am led to pray, and have guilt and shame asking for forgiveness everyday.I want to love my enemies and not judge others, seeing them as God sees them. I want to seek God with all my heart mind and soul; even though I fall short of doing so. I want to be humble and grow daily in Christ.
  These are just a few of the things I use to not care about. There is nothing in myself that would have ever wanted to change any of them.
 One has to have the Holy Spirit to lead us to these things. It is the Holy Spirit just as Jesus promised that will guide us and comfort us and teach us in all things.

Peace
Roy

elias3013

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2010, 01:16:29 PM »

What I read in Acts 2:38 tells us how to receive the Holy Spirit. If you think receiving the Holy Spirit will instantly change everything about you, I don't believe this. If you respond to the Holy Spirit working within you and leading you, positive change will come. Have faith in what God's Word says and believe that His Word is truth.

Ron

Roy Coates

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2010, 02:13:51 PM »

Of my ownself I can do nothing. The Spirit is what empowers me to do good, think good, rebuke my carnal mind. I ask often for God's Spirit to guide my steps, thoughts etc. Hope this helps

This will be interesting, a very good question that many may share.

Thanks Gallenwalsh

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2010, 02:38:40 PM »

Hi, Ron.  I don't see a tit for tat in Acts 2:38, and all of the translations I have (including the KJV) support that--though some of the more 'parpaphrased' ones seem to, following tradition.

"Then Peter said unto them, 'Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins" is one statment in answer to the question of the crowd "Men and Brethren, what shall we do?" 

"ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost." is a different statement, with the two seperated by 'and'.  Of course, all this is English, not Greek, which makes it telling that the more 'literal' translations make these two statements seperate sentences.

So what I see is a seperation between repentance and baptism and the receiving of the Holy Spirit, not a formula for how one recieves the Holy Spirit. 

It also seems odd that there even needs to be a formula or a set of instructions for recieving a free gift.  I was baptized twice.  Both times I believed.  Did I recieve the Holy Spirit both times?  The first?  The last?  Niether, because I didn't do it right?  These are babylonian questions.  The Truth makes it unnecessary for me to even ask them in all solemnity.

Apologies if that's not what you meant.  Further apologies if I've done violence to the Word of God. 
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Marky Mark

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2010, 05:30:13 PM »

I just have to ask anyone if they believe they have been given the holy spirit. I would think that just as in the old testament it would be a life changing experience that one would not forget. Has Ray shared his receiving of the holy spirit ? I have not found it any ware.Any comments appreciated.

Hello gallenwalsh. Can you see a change? I believe when we come to a point in our lives when sin no longer has dominion over you,you will then know that Gods Holy Spirit is at work in you.

Excerpt from Rays paper;

CAN WE LOSE GOD’S SPIRIT AND EONIAN LIFE? . Biblestudy March 2008

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,7047.0.html

1Jn 3:9  Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
1Jn 3:10  In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.
1Jn 3:11  For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another.
1Jn 3:12  Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother's righteous.
1Jn 3:13  Marvel not, my brethren, if the world hate you.
1Jn 3:14  We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death.
1Jn 3:15  Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.
1Jn 3:16  Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.
1Jn 3:17  But whoso hath this world's good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him?
1Jn 3:18  My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.
1Jn 3:19  And hereby we know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before him.
1Jn 3:20  For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things.
1Jn 3:21  Beloved, if our heart condemn us not, then have we confidence toward God.
1Jn 3:22  And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.
1Jn 3:23  And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.
1Jn 3:24  And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.

What can we learn from that?  Well all the way through it says, you are the children of God.  You live righteously, but you’ve got to love your brother, if you don’t you don’t have the love of God.  That’s how you have the love of God.  This is a proof, that we love one another and if somebody has a need you give them what they have need of and so on.  Don’t love with just word and in tongue, but in deeds and in truth (verse 18).  Now it says, “we keep His commandments... dwells in Him, and He in him.”  Oh, so he who keeps His commandments.  So this is not all automatic?  No, you have to keep His commandments.

Then it says, “And hereby we know that He abides in us, by the Spirit which He hath given us.”  What is your spirit and what is your motivation in life?  What is your driving spirit?  What is it?  To be vain or egotistical, selfish, stupid, vain, greedy whatever it is, if that’s the spirit pushing you and the spirit behind you…
But if we keep His commandments, because He dwells in us and here by we know, because we have that spirit.  That’s the spirit that is in us.

Hope this helps some.
Peace...Mark

PAMITCHRUS

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2010, 05:33:55 PM »

I just have to ask anyone if they believe they have been given the holy spirit. I would think that just as in the old testament it would be a life changing experience that one would not forget. Has Ray shared his receiving of the holy spirit ? I have not found it any ware.Any comments apprecitated

Grace and peace be unto you Gallenwalsh, from God our Kind and Precious Heavenly Father, thru Jesus middle name yet revealed Christ nd from the Great one Himself... Jesus Christ.. :0).. and the same to all who believe on the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, the Lamb of God who has indeed taken away the sin of the world, that is to say the death of the world. For all in the world will yet rise again, few be inside the gates where the joy of the Lord is, and many yet outside the gates, have things bound on earth which will now have to be unbound in the Kingdom of God..

For the Son of God has been sent forth to set men free, and He shall do this very thing, the bounds will be burnt off those bond , and those who bounds were burnt off in this life will be that royal priest hood , praying and making supplication for the mangy dogs outside the gates,in the lake of fire, which has been cooled by the punishment of the angels, and has now become a warm sulfur bath, perfect suited for mangey dogs .. For it is written that outside the gates are the dogs.. But it is also written there is hope for a mangy dog, but none for a dead lion..  Praise be to your name Father for you shall heal all of us mangy dogs.. :0).. and oh how our new coat will shine !!!!

Gallenwalsh I have seen our most Holy Father , Have been given the full baptism of The Holy Spirit .. and I will show you and all who read these words how to recieve the same that your joy will be complete and mine too !!!!

First of all let us clear up all the confusion concerning what is the Baptism of the Holy Ghost, fillings of the Holy Ghost, and what is meant by walking in the Spirit.

The latter, that is to say the walking in the Spirt, will reward into you the former, that is to say the Baptism of the Spirit. Let us then understand what walking in the spirit is so we can be assured of recieving the abundant part of the two part promise of our Savior..

Our Big Brother layed it right out for us plain and simple when he said except you be like little children aint' no way your gonna see,that is to fully comprehend , the kingdom of God.. And what do little kids do ??? Drive their parents nuts asking questions and buttering them parents up !!

Is God not the Ultimate Parent our Brother would have me ask you ??  Now the question here is how does one then butter up the Perfect Heavenly Father ?? 

Duhh !!! Brag on him , thank him from the time your little feets hit the floor, till the time your little eyes close in sleep, first and foremost remind him that you believe that his Son will indeed save all world.. Because ya see here our Father left a most delightful promise in his word... God himself , who cannot lie, said that unto them that believe on the name of the Savior of the World, it is they who will be given the power to become sons of God.. 

That Power being the ability to approach the throne of Grace boldly, as persistant as a little child who is crying out for something that is rightfully his..  You believe , therefore you can ask, and when you ask all the day long, you will recieve..

Therefore Walking in the Spirit simply means thinking of , and speaking to God, in your Spirit, that is to say your thoughts all the day long.. And of course the practice and perfection of these things one will naturally be conformed thereby..  Our Father is so cool, so ingenious, the very path wich leads us to the gift,gives us more joy along the way, and as focus (in our Spirit, our thoughts, for it is written that I know your thoughts, I know your words before they leave your mouth ) on him becomes more and more, one day the wind will come to you, and you will be blown away... This is the exact moment when Jesus Opens the Door... you have been removed even as enoch was , you have been caught up into the heavens, you are fulfilling what Paul meant when he said, he causes us to be seated in the heavenlys.. You have been baptised with fire , Gallenwalsh you will most certainly know it when it happens, we remember nothing of physical birth, it is but a blur, but when he comes upon you, you will run and kick as a calf released from a stall ...  When Jesus opens that door and the wind comes thru, you will never, ever, no way possible be the same. It is the most delightful thing possible my fellow believers.. And I long for you to have it !!! And now you know the way, thou you had it all along, and that way is  declaring the name of Jesus to the Father, and doing so by walking in the Spirit of thanksgiving and Praise, uh I mean bragging and buttering up.. You are children of The Living God therefore act accordingly , ask for and recieve the best ice cream cone ever.. a true neverending cone. :0)

Now that our understanding of Walking in the Spirit is complete, let us come to also understand the initial baptism of the spirit and the subsequent fillings thereafter..

Now understand this, that the Baptism of the Spirit, and of Fire, and the Opening of the Door,are one in the same..  all things are behind that door, and only one is all things. We know the one to be God.. When Big Brother and The Father hear ya knocking , and the Father says to Jesus , son please go answer that door cause that kid is driving me nuts, and bring them to me so that they can sit on my lap, and you will know your Father, you will be consumed alive, He is precious beyond all understanding, he will spoil you as a little child..  He has done this thing for me, it is beyond describing , seek him and be blown away... :0).. You are now no longer just a child, you are a full fledged Son, and the Father tells his Sons everything.. 

My beloved ones, I, PAMITCHRUS,  have much I wish to share with you.. I give Thanks to our God always For our precious brother Ray, for it was to this very site that I was lead, and here that I got my first drink of living water, not the killing wormwood  water that is pouring out of the belly of the whore,  but the pure Water Of Life that came forth from our wonderful teacher Ray, who was given the truth, and shared the truth with others. Be assured my Brother
Ray that you will shine oh so brightly in the kingdom to come , and Ray our precious brother, Jesus himself has assured me many times that those false teachers who have persucted you will he make bow before you in the kingdom to come.. As it is written so shall it come to pass, and it is written that the wicked will bow before the righteous..

These things I have written unto you who believe on the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, so your joy can be overflowing ..  I love you all, not even knowing you I love you,  for we are one in Spirit.. Go then little ones, and seek an introduction to your Father.. He is all ears, so that you can yourself be all eyes.. :0.. Grace and Peace are yours in his mighty name ..

Patric

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2010, 06:21:40 PM »

I just have to ask anyone if they believe they have been given the holy spirit. I would think that just as in the old testament it would be a life changing experience that one would not forget. Has Ray shared his receiving of the holy spirit ? I have not found it any ware.Any comments appreciated

This may seem like an odd and simple answer but I do believe I received the Holy Spirit and God began to open my eyes back when I joined the church of 'Babylon' got baptized in water...and believed in my heart confessed with my mouth and repented...prayed....studied and God has obviously called me....and now is choosing me if I truly have the Spirit of God then I will pass the test...if not then I am deceived and am blind and by force trying to put myself into his Kingdom and save myself...it is by the fire....and we all go through the 'fire' from Isaiah 26:11, Malachi 3:2-3, Matt 3:11, Mark 9:49,  Luke 3:16, Acts14;19, I Cor 3:13, Hew 12:29, I Peter 4:12, James 1:2, Rev 20:14 and we know that the tree of 'good and evil' is guarded by a flaming sword! this will leave out no one from evidence of these scriptures....all, and as we know no one can say Jesus is Lord accept by the Holy Spirit....so all will receive it as well...fires, tests, trials, hardships, suffering, and the like....humbly I admit that I press on....
Ephesians 2:8-10 Gift Acts 2:38
thy will be done

Patric

lauriellen

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2010, 07:09:34 PM »

I am led to pray, and have guilt and shame asking for forgiveness everyday.I want to love my enemies and not judge others, seeing them as God sees them. I want to seek God with all my heart mind and soul; even though I fall short of doing so. I want to be humble and grow daily in Christ.
  These are just a few of the things I use to not care about. There is nothing in myself that would have ever wanted to change any of them.
 One has to have the Holy Spirit to lead us to these things. It is the Holy Spirit just as Jesus promised that will guide us and comfort us and teach us in all things.

Peace
Roy

thank you roy for your post....that is about as simple and easy to understand as it gets....i am by heredity and environment a negative person, and i often question and doubt many times that i have any of Gods spirit....but after reading your post, i don't think i will ever wonder anymore! =)  you have given the standard, of how we can abosultely know!  i have read over and over about "the fruits" of the spirit, but reading your post was really a "light bulb" moment for me....
thank you!
lauriellen

musicman

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2010, 12:26:00 PM »

I just have to ask anyone if they believe they have been given the holy spirit. I would think that just as in the old testament it would be a life changing experience that one would not forget. Has Ray shared his receiving of the holy spirit ? I have not found it any ware.Any comments apprecitated

Grace and peace be unto you Gallenwalsh, from God our Kind and Precious Heavenly Father, thru Jesus middle name yet revealed Christ nd from the Great one Himself... Jesus Christ.. :0).. and the same to all who believe on the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, the Lamb of God who has indeed taken away the sin of the world, that is to say the death of the world. For all in the world will yet rise again, few be inside the gates where the joy of the Lord is, and many yet outside the gates, have things bound on earth which will now have to be unbound in the Kingdom of God..

For the Son of God has been sent forth to set men free, and He shall do this very thing, the bounds will be burnt off those bond , and those who bounds were burnt off in this life will be that royal priest hood , praying and making supplication for the mangy dogs outside the gates,in the lake of fire, which has been cooled by the punishment of the angels, and has now become a warm sulfur bath, perfect suited for mangey dogs .. For it is written that outside the gates are the dogs.. But it is also written there is hope for a mangy dog, but none for a dead lion..  Praise be to your name Father for you shall heal all of us mangy dogs.. :0).. and oh how our new coat will shine !!!!

Gallenwalsh I have seen our most Holy Father , Have been given the full baptism of The Holy Spirit .. and I will show you and all who read these words how to recieve the same that your joy will be complete and mine too !!!!

First of all let us clear up all the confusion concerning what is the Baptism of the Holy Ghost, fillings of the Holy Ghost, and what is meant by walking in the Spirit.

The latter, that is to say the walking in the Spirt, will reward into you the former, that is to say the Baptism of the Spirit. Let us then understand what walking in the spirit is so we can be assured of recieving the abundant part of the two part promise of our Savior..

Our Big Brother layed it right out for us plain and simple when he said except you be like little children aint' no way your gonna see,that is to fully comprehend , the kingdom of God.. And what do little kids do ??? Drive their parents nuts asking questions and buttering them parents up !!

Is God not the Ultimate Parent our Brother would have me ask you ??  Now the question here is how does one then butter up the Perfect Heavenly Father ?? 

Duhh !!! Brag on him , thank him from the time your little feets hit the floor, till the time your little eyes close in sleep, first and foremost remind him that you believe that his Son will indeed save all world.. Because ya see here our Father left a most delightful promise in his word... God himself , who cannot lie, said that unto them that believe on the name of the Savior of the World, it is they who will be given the power to become sons of God.. 

That Power being the ability to approach the throne of Grace boldly, as persistant as a little child who is crying out for something that is rightfully his..  You believe , therefore you can ask, and when you ask all the day long, you will recieve..

Therefore Walking in the Spirit simply means thinking of , and speaking to God, in your Spirit, that is to say your thoughts all the day long.. And of course the practice and perfection of these things one will naturally be conformed thereby..  Our Father is so cool, so ingenious, the very path wich leads us to the gift,gives us more joy along the way, and as focus (in our Spirit, our thoughts, for it is written that I know your thoughts, I know your words before they leave your mouth ) on him becomes more and more, one day the wind will come to you, and you will be blown away... This is the exact moment when Jesus Opens the Door... you have been removed even as enoch was , you have been caught up into the heavens, you are fulfilling what Paul meant when he said, he causes us to be seated in the heavenlys.. You have been baptised with fire , Gallenwalsh you will most certainly know it when it happens, we remember nothing of physical birth, it is but a blur, but when he comes upon you, you will run and kick as a calf released from a stall ...  When Jesus opens that door and the wind comes thru, you will never, ever, no way possible be the same. It is the most delightful thing possible my fellow believers.. And I long for you to have it !!! And now you know the way, thou you had it all along, and that way is  declaring the name of Jesus to the Father, and doing so by walking in the Spirit of thanksgiving and Praise, uh I mean bragging and buttering up.. You are children of The Living God therefore act accordingly , ask for and recieve the best ice cream cone ever.. a true neverending cone. :0)

Now that our understanding of Walking in the Spirit is complete, let us come to also understand the initial baptism of the spirit and the subsequent fillings thereafter..

Now understand this, that the Baptism of the Spirit, and of Fire, and the Opening of the Door,are one in the same..  all things are behind that door, and only one is all things. We know the one to be God.. When Big Brother and The Father hear ya knocking , and the Father says to Jesus , son please go answer that door cause that kid is driving me nuts, and bring them to me so that they can sit on my lap, and you will know your Father, you will be consumed alive, He is precious beyond all understanding, he will spoil you as a little child..  He has done this thing for me, it is beyond describing , seek him and be blown away... :0).. You are now no longer just a child, you are a full fledged Son, and the Father tells his Sons everything.. 

My beloved ones, I, PAMITCHRUS,  have much I wish to share with you.. I give Thanks to our God always For our precious brother Ray, for it was to this very site that I was lead, and here that I got my first drink of living water, not the killing wormwood  water that is pouring out of the belly of the whore,  but the pure Water Of Life that came forth from our wonderful teacher Ray, who was given the truth, and shared the truth with others. Be assured my Brother
Ray that you will shine oh so brightly in the kingdom to come , and Ray our precious brother, Jesus himself has assured me many times that those false teachers who have persucted you will he make bow before you in the kingdom to come.. As it is written so shall it come to pass, and it is written that the wicked will bow before the righteous..

These things I have written unto you who believe on the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, so your joy can be overflowing ..  I love you all, not even knowing you I love you,  for we are one in Spirit.. Go then little ones, and seek an introduction to your Father.. He is all ears, so that you can yourself be all eyes.. :0.. Grace and Peace are yours in his mighty name ..

Huh????  If you have so much to share, I hope it was all covered above.  Because nobody's interested in reading pages of overly wordy and often, unscriptural testimony and interpretation.  You are bringing your own teachings.  And you do this in such a way as to try and confuse everybody with your attempted scholarly style (perhaps not purposeful).  There's so much that I don't know where to begin.  You liken those left outside the gates with mangy dogs.  Fine, just don't claim that to be scriptural.  How does the punishment of the angels cool the lake of fire?  And for the second time, I see you comment that those who curse Ray now will bow at his feet in the kingdom age.  The first time you said that I was just waiting for Carrie Bradshaw (sex in the city writer) to use it against Ray's entire ministry.  Of course she did.  I'm sure you have a great deal of the holy spirit in you.  But much of your knowledge is false knowledge and you should think before you post it here.  And please you straight foward English.   

Lupac

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2010, 01:28:09 PM »

My thoughts exactly MM. I was going to say to drop the pseudo-Pauline writing style too. (Only Paul could pull it... wait a minute.) It's not so Paul like, it's more like John in revelation. That's how he's trying to write. Carrie Bradshaw is still after Ray? I thought she'd have given up by now.

Ninny

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2010, 02:08:02 PM »

Carrie Bradshaw isn't giving up on "saving" all the "followers of L. Ray Smith" she has no idea what she's talking about and no intent of ever admitting that Jesus is the Savior of all... ???
Kathy :(

PAMITCHRUS

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2010, 04:17:32 PM »

Ninny, I believe you to be correct there.. For I , PAMITCHRUS,was sent there myself, to see if her truths were lies, and found it to be so,  our Heavenly Father is most angry at the Whole  of the False church, the whole lying bunch..  Oh the Great Delusion on Judgement Day , Oh my Father the sheer surprise,,  Father you are indeed worth of all praise.. !!!!Thanks be to God who has lead me and many otheres to this place of truth and love and sound reasoning.. 

And to those who think me to be an imitator of Paul and John, I extend my love and heartfelt thanks.. For I am of the exact same spirit that filled those men in their time above this  ground which will yet yield both them and all up again to a ressurection of life and joy... due time and season of course.. reconcillation and restoration pending .. :o).. 

And to those who think me to be boastful in my words, let me assure you those words came from the Spirit, those words are true..  For me to say less than that would be to deny The Lord Jesus himself..

I lie not those who read these words, I have not come to cause division , I come rejoiciing because here I recieved life, that life lead the the life immersed in the Spirit , which lead me back here to rejoice with you and tell of the wonderful thing which happened to me,  and how I wanted you to have the same, if you not already recieved it , to remind you that as believers, your Father has an extra special gift for those who would seek after it and all this  in responce to another brother , who wanted to know if anyone has recieved the Holy Ghost, which I have , so I answered him in all truth.

oh doubting ones, is it not written ??

I love you all , I've seen the Holy one,  and the time is at hand !!!!

PAMITCHRUS

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 22 queries.