bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Introducing my self and need prayer  (Read 4959 times)

coryd123

Introducing my self and need prayer
« on: January 09, 2010, 08:25:25 PM »

Hey everyone!! My name is Cory I am new on here and I just thought I would share with you all a little about myself. I was born and raised in Columbus Ohio and abide here in the buckeye state and I am 24 years old. I grew up almost my whole life being unsure about GOD because I was raised by my father that was unsure about GOD himself and he did not allow me to go to church until I got older. So basically all I knew was what was taught in school basically that we came from monkeys and everything happened from a big explosion or evolution. I was always open to listen to other people about GOD but I was just unsure.

I always noticed about myself that there something in my heart that always wanted to good, it was like any time I did anything that was wrong I would feel so convicted and I could not figure out what could make me feel bad and I also noticed I would go in phases pondering about GOD for hours at a time trying to figure out in my head if god was real so some time went on and I started going to my friends church about a year and a half ago and I sat and listened and it really seemed like everything was making sense and it felt like the truth, so in the midst of all that I just started praying all the time to GOD Telling him that I knew he was real and asked him to help me with my unbelief so GOD just gave me this thirst to want to find him and I noticed in my life that desires I use to have were gone like playing video games for hours everyday and listing to hip hop, so I started reading his word and I looked at how the bible was put together and I came to the conclusion that the bible was truth and I knew the other religions were false.

OK I hope im not writing to much.  After attending my friends church I met my now girlfriend about a year ago and I started going to her moms church which was the pastor, so I was dating the pastors daughter. (YES!!!) just playing LOL and I faithfully attended the church in the meantime I was reading my bible hours at a time and watching TBN and listing to christian radio stations. So I was getting fed a lot and I noticed over time that things I was reading in GODS word was contradicting what the preachers were telling me and there always were certain scriptures that stuck with me like there being MANY wolves in sheep clothing and many false teachers and profits will come in the name and with SIGNS AND WONDERS. So I was on my toes and I was getting taught so much heresy and pure unadulterated crap I was being forced to speak in tongues and for MONEY TO COMETH it got to the point where it became funny even know it was not funny because I was drinking of the wine of false doctrine. I was so deceived I was going home and practiced speaking in tongues I was tithing about $70.00 every week and going broke and I thought god was going to bless me.

Everyone following me? OK back to it. Thank GOD that I wanted the truth and during that time I just kept asking GOD to humble my heart and allow me to recieve the gift of wisdom and truth and things started happening within the twinkle of an eye, I got to the point where I was correcting the pastor and told her the truth with love and oh boy did she not like it. The truth was exactly what GOD stated (A 2 EDGE SWORD) and it sliced her in an attack back like manner where I had a pastor telling me that I had demons and telling me that I could not even come to her house and her daughter is my girlfriend. She always said that everyone in her church had demons and I would always tell her to pray for someone when she thinks someone has a demon and she did not like anything I had to say and I also had to have a relationship with her daughter so it has been very tough.

After all that and plenty other church blooper moments, I was at my end with church and I was crying out to GOD to lead me to the truth. So some time went by and I was still reading the word everyday for hours at a time and I started waking up in the morning and put on my spiritual stunna shades on and I started looking at the sky and nature and seeing how GOD MOVES THE BIRDS AND THE WIND AND ALL THINGS GOD CREATED. so I started paying attention to myself wondering did I have FREE WILL because the bible stated that I did or din't depending on what interpretation god allowed me to believe. After reading some basic scriptures I found that GOD WORKETH ALL THINGS including my will. So In the midst off all that I always noticed how know one can control their circumstances or there thoughts and always noticed how I would see people I knew unexpectedly and I would always wonder was that a coincidence or was that god moving me and shifting me with WORDS. IT ALL STARTED WITH WORDS. GOD IS THE WORD.

I have came to the conclusion that there is nothing that is a coincidence. GOD is so precise one day I saw 2 people that were friends of mine at 2 different places at precise times. I thought in my head was was the chances that I would see 2 friends at 2 different places and times. Out of all the seconds out of the day what were the chances so I knew that GOD was showing me that he is moving me all around and confirming that I have no free will. He is moving this whole world like chess pieces. Has anyone else noticed that god was moving them and putting things or people in front of you.

One more example, one time I was feeling horrible and I had not talked to one of my friends in a while and GOD placed a thought on his heart to call me. He said that he knew something was wrong and the last time I talked to him I was fine. GOD IS GOOD. also during my search for my understanding on free will I was lead also to one of my friends Ramon that is of like mind, and what do you know?? the first subject we studied was the will of god. So ramon also forwarded me here and I been reading for the past 2 or 3 months and my heart was so willing to except hell and Hades and all the truth I have received here. PRAISE GOD!! THE TRUTH IS BETTER THAN CANDY TO MY SOUL.

OK I don't know if anyone read all that but if you did there is more because this is the part where im asking for biblical guidance and prayer for a situation. I stated up top that my girlfriends mother was the pastor of her church and My girlfriend still attends her church and im not even allowed to go to my girlfriends house. Me and her mother can speak to one another when ever I see her but I just cant go over there so I guess you can say we are ok enough to speak. I am now starting to learn to trust GOD and I know that god works through other people so im asking you all what I should do??

The main concern is not even her mom. The main concern is that GOD is allowing my girlfriend to attend her mothers church and it's so far from gods truth there. All they talk about is speaking in tongues, prosperity and edifying there self's. God knows my heart and I have been praying that my girlfriend (COMES OUT OF HER) The church. WITH GOD ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE! Her mother also kind of rules over her even outside of the church. I even sense that she dont want to be there but she scared of what her mom will think. Also another thing is that I read gods word all the time and from the heart proceeds thoughts so I talk about god a lot but in the midst I still have a sense of humor and can talk about other things and it's like me and my girlfriend cant even talk about gods word and I dont force it on her by throwing scriptures at her. She always wants to avoid communication especially GODS word and she believes a lot of the false doctirine so when I tell her some truth she gets very confused and I sent her a whole study on tithing that I did with the help of ray and she said that it made so much sense but she goes back and forth with the truth and lies.

I have considered this women being my wife and GODS word says that love does not seeketh her own. I am not sure if im seeking my own because I should love her for who she is no matter what. But I do look at things as if we we married and how would things work if we cant even agree on gods word so if we have a family bible study would that work? then she might still go to her moms church and we are suppose to become 1 flesh. LOVE SUFFERETH LONG AND A MAN CHOOSETH A WIFE. I know that god has us together for a reason and is it for her to be my wife or were we just in one another life for a season? Sometimes I reach my breaking point to move on. we have broke up many times and the last time we broke up it was weird that she wanted to talk about gods word and she said she was getting closer with god then we got back together and everytime I say GOD she runs. I have been patient with one of the most important parts of a relationship which is communication and she always wants to run from every issue. Should I keep believing in faith that god will open her heart to the truth and enable her to talk with her potential husband without running? Or are there some scriptures biblical that tell me to move on from a situation like this? Please help!! Thanks
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 08:34:32 PM by Craig »

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Re: Introducing my self and need prayer
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2010, 08:36:00 PM »

Welcome, Cory.  I edited your post to break it up into paragraphs so it would be easier to read.  I did not change anything else.

Craig

Ninny

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2010, 09:15:03 PM »

Hi Cory!
May I say that you have a lot of things happening to you very quickly, yes? Life is fast enough as it is!
If you don't mind I will offer you a little motherly advice..don't worry, no one ever listens to my motherly advice, anyway!!  ;)

I'm just going to tell you to take things one day at a time..with yourself and your girlfriend..go slowly..don't push. Remember it is God who gives sight to the blind and sets the captive free! what has taken you weeks to learn and accept may take your girlfriend months to accept and learn, maybe longer..you have to let God change YOU and leave HER to God, as well..I know when you're young you want it all right now! That's the beauty of youth! I used to be young a LONG time ago! and I remember exactly how it feels to grab truth and run with it! If you want to have a happy life with your girlfriend or if she should become your wife..you have to let God do it all!! You'll know down the road what your part will be in all of it!

Time in this instance is definitely your friend...dip deeply into the well of God's love and drink freely...let God show you what He wants YOU to do! Then do it!! But wait for God!! That is all I'm going to say, because when you're here for awhile you'll find that I DO have a LOT to say and sometimes I just don't know when to shut up!!  :D
Welcome and please...never hesitate to ask for help and prayer!!
Kathy ;)

Stacey

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2010, 09:24:29 PM »

Hi Cory and welcome to the forum!

Philippians 2:13

For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

Learning to accept this as a Fact of Life was a whole lot easier to apply to myself rather than accepting that it also applied to EVERYONE ELSE in my life. If it is Gods will for your girlfriend to come over to the Light side of the truth than it will happen no doubt about it. For you, I hope that is the case because it seems like you care about her a whole bunch.  :)
Stacey

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2010, 09:36:39 PM »

Hi Cory.  It's clear to me that what you are coming to know has been shown to you by the Spirit of God.  Praise God for the work He has done in you to bring you into a worship in Spirit and Truth.

As for your question:

I've never seen the word 'girlfriend' or 'boyfriend' in Scripture.   :D  These kind of relationships just aren't mentioned until they become more committed.  Still, the Lord will not leave you ignorant if you can use Spiritual eyes to discern what He is saying.

With that in mind, let me share some scripture that were very helpful to me as a new believer.

1Co 7:17-24 ...let each person lead the life that the Lord has assigned to him, and to which God has called him. This is my rule in all the churches.  Was anyone at the time of his call already circumcised? Let him not seek to remove the marks of circumcision. Was anyone at the time of his call uncircumcised? Let him not seek circumcision.  For neither circumcision counts for anything nor uncircumcision, but keeping the commandments of God.

Each one should remain in the condition in which he was called.  Were you a slave when called? Do not be concerned about it. (But if you can gain your freedom, avail yourself of the opportunity.)  For he who was called in the Lord as a slave is a freedman of the Lord. Likewise he who was free when called is a slave of Christ.  You were bought with a price; do not become slaves of men.  So, brothers, in whatever condition each was called, there let him remain with God.

I could break that down for you, but I'd really rather wait and hear back from you what you get out of the above scripture in your situation with your girlfriend.  What do you think?

Welcome to the forum.  I'm glad you are coming out of her, and glad you have met with us here.

Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

coryd123

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2010, 11:19:26 PM »

Thank you everyone for your support. I just have to trust god to worketh things and take things day by day taking no thought for tomorrow and let gods will be done and let every man abide in the same calling wherein he was called.  in whatever condition each was called, there let him remain with God. I think I understand Dave from Tenn. Thanks

myms

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2010, 01:53:30 AM »

Hi Cory, welcome to the forum and the family. I have absolute confidence that as you 'seek first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; all these things shall be added unto you' (Matt  6:33) which will include an increasing clarity as to whether your girlfriend is right for you or not! God bless you in your seeking!

9440geoff

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2010, 08:27:40 PM »

Hi Cory,

Welcome to the forum.

I would just add that marriage is a two-way relationship. i.e. not three-way.

Geoff

Marky Mark

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2010, 09:14:06 PM »

Hello Cory and welcome to the forums.I cant seem to keep up with all the new members.  8)  That's a good thing. ;)

Peace...Mark

cherokee

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2010, 08:32:12 AM »

Hey Cory,
Welcome to the forum. Just keep your eyes on the Lord and he will keep you on the right path. My prayers are with you.

Blessings,
Suzie

G. Driggs

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2010, 10:08:31 AM »

Hi Cory, welcome to the forums.

What ever you do, do it for the Lord, and do it with faith.

Peace, G.Driggs.

LiberatedEagle

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2010, 04:52:56 PM »

What's happenin Cory,

Man do I feel you. I'm 27 and I can relate to a lot of things you stated, but Ima focus on the situation with your girlfriend. When I was released from prison back in o7' I was determined to become successful. I begin to research different biz opps and ended up meeting this telemarketer in Arizona that stole my heart. [I'm in Atlanta] Me and her clicked like immediately. I joked with her about how she was pitching the opportunity to me and that she didn't have to do that because I was a real individual that didn't go for the BS. A few days later she called me from her personal cell phone to tell me how she quit the job because I had brought to her attention how the job was selling false hope to innocent people. We ended up talking everyday for hours on end. She is very spiritual, but she hasn't fully received the true gospel. She accepts universal salvation, but it's hard for her to believe that the church is the synagogue of satan and that the majority of preachers today actually despise the word of God.

Though we connect on many levels I wrestled with the idea of us being soulmates because I want to be united with a true believer. But what I have learned is that we can't judge anyone according to the flesh. Even though at this point in time she doesn't agree with everything, I decided to Let Go and Let God. Initially we just knew God had brought us together because what are the chances of two people connecting by a telephone call about biz and being thousands of miles apart from each other. We were stuck on making this work somehow, someway. I believe I came here at BT and sought advice for my situation some time ago as well. But what Im learning is when God begins to unveil His truths to you everything else becomes trivial. You begin to understand that doing His will is the only thing that matters and if it's according to His will your friend will accept the truth, but if not you will still be content in knowing that God has chosen you out of the many to be conformed into a son of God. That in and of itself will have you rejoicing with unspeakable joy. Just continue in the word and I promise you you will have no regrets or feel as if you're missing out on anything.

God knows you're heart and what you desire. You may feel that she is the one for you, but I guarantee you God knows better. So if she is for you God will show you and if she's not, you can expect someone far greater.

Peace,

Charles

P.S. Holla at me sometime b. I love to fellowship with other believrs, especially someone closer to my age. My email is reapwithme@gmail.com. We can exchange info via email.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 19 queries.