bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I Peter 4:6  (Read 4377 times)

lauriellen

I Peter 4:6
« on: January 09, 2010, 04:32:07 PM »

1Pe 4:6  For for this cause was the gospel preached also to them that are dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit.

I am having trouble with this scripture.....has Ray ever taught on this particular one? if so, can somebody direct me where to find it, please?
or does anyone else have some insight on this scripture?

thanks so much,
lauriellen

mharrell08

Re: I Peter 4:6
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2010, 05:31:02 PM »

1Pe 4:6  For for this cause was the gospel preached also to them that are dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit.

I am having trouble with this scripture.....has Ray ever taught on this particular one? if so, can somebody direct me where to find it, please?
or does anyone else have some insight on this scripture?

thanks so much,
lauriellen

1 Pet 4:5-6  Who shall give account to Him [Jesus] that is ready to judge the quick and the dead. For for this cause was the gospel preached also to them that are dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit.

The word 'dead' is not referring to actual dead people, but those who are spiritually dead (being of the world). Notice the same metaphor being used by Paul:

Eph 2:1-3  And you hath He [Jesus] quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins; Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience: Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

Paul states we were 'dead' when we fulfilled the desires of our flesh...but Christ 'quickens' us together with Him to follow after righteousness.

Hope this helps,

Marques
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 20 queries.