bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: About God  (Read 11053 times)

elias3013

Re: About God
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2010, 01:21:04 PM »

Thanks all for your input.

Ron

daywalker

« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2010, 09:51:09 PM »

Hello Ron,

Is God Omniscient??

I believe the following Scripture will answer your question:

Psalms 147:5:

[CLV] Great is our Lord and vast in vigor; As to His understanding, there is no enumeration of it.

[ASV] Great is our Lord, and mighty in power; His understanding is infinite.

[GW] Our Lord is great, and his power is great. There is no limit to his understanding.

[CEV] Our LORD is great and powerful! He understands everything.

God Bless.

Daywalker  8)

darren

« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2010, 07:11:10 AM »

George this statement you made caught my eye: Remember, Jesus Christ Is God Before He became flesh. The perfecting and obedience was for learning and experiencing what His Creation was going through First hand in the flesh. I not sure what you mean by this and I do not mean any disrespect. According to Ray's teachings, Jesus is not God the Father. God the Father is not Jesus in Human form. Also, Why would God need to become flesh for perfecting  obedience for  learning, and  to experience first hand what His creation is going through? Is He not God. Sorry, Like I said no disrespect.

Darren
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 07:48:08 AM by darren »

elias3013

« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2010, 11:24:27 AM »

To All

I do appreciate all of the responses to my question.

One thing that I have always held to is the AKJV and not literally every word that is printed in it. The reason for this is I cannot accept the words that were added by the translators and the editors. Too many times the added words change the meaning of what the scripture intended to say.

Eventhough, I hold to the AKJV because it is nearer the truth than any of the other translations. I believe that when man puts his hand to the original scripture, he leads us farther from the truth.

Rather than even refer to all of the translations out there, which in my opinion mislead the reader, I would prefer to let the Holy Spirit lead me into all truth and disregard what all of these other translators offer.

Too many times one seeks to find a bible that says what he wants to hear, instead of seeking the real truth that came out of God's mouth in the beginning.

Ron

daywalker

« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2010, 02:14:11 PM »

To All

I do appreciate all of the responses to my question.

One thing that I have always held to is the AKJV and not literally every word that is printed in it. The reason for this is I cannot accept the words that were added by the translators and the editors. Too many times the added words change the meaning of what the scripture intended to say.

Eventhough, I hold to the AKJV because it is nearer the truth than any of the other translations. I believe that when man puts his hand to the original scripture, he leads us farther from the truth.

Rather than even refer to all of the translations out there, which in my opinion mislead the reader, I would prefer to let the Holy Spirit lead me into all truth and disregard what all of these other translators offer.

Too many times one seeks to find a bible that says what he wants to hear, instead of seeking the real truth that came out of God's mouth in the beginning.

Ron

Hello Ron,

I would have to respectfully disagree with that statement. The KJV, though not the worst of translations, is very inconsistent on many parts.

1. How does "sheol" get translated into both "grave" and "hell"???

grave--A place of burial

hell--The abode of condemned souls and devils in some religions; the place of eternal punishment for the wicked after death, presided over by Satan

2. How does "hades" likewise get translated into both "grave" and "hell"???

3. How come the Hebrew "Ge Hinnom" is translated "valley of Hinnom", but its Greek Equivalent "Gehenna" is translated "Hell"???

4. How does "aion/aionios"get translated into "age, world, everlasting, eternal, forever and ever"??

age--a period of history marked by some feature or characteristic; era

world--The earth with its inhabitants

everlasting/eternal-- Being without beginning or end; existing outside of time

forever-- For everlasting time; eternally

You wanna talk about confusion and misleading... it doesn't get much worse than that!

http://bible-truths.com/aeonion.htm

Imagine defining the word "white" like this: "white, WHITE LIGHT, bright, maximum lightness, brilliant, blanch, off-white, shaded, light gray, dark gray, between light and dark, dark gray, dark, COAL BLACK." Does anything [anyone] see a problem with my definition of "white?" Does anyone see a problem with Strong's definition of "aion/aionios?"

Well I am aware that there are far worse translations that the KJV and it's family of bibles, I am also aware that there are far better ones that help a great deal.

Ron: "I believe that when man puts his hand to the original scripture, he leads us farther from the truth."

I don't understand where you get this idea... Are you suggesting that man's translations are BETTER and MORE ACCURATE than the Original language that was DIRECTLY INSPIRED BY GOD HIMSELF???

If you haven't already, I highly recommend you reading these articles by Ray:

Which Bible is Best?

http://bible-truths.com/bible.htm

Is Everlasting Scriptural?

http://bible-truths.com/aeonion.htm

May God Guide Thee.

Daywalker  8)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 02:16:19 PM by daywalker »

aqrinc

« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2010, 03:18:00 PM »

George this statement you made caught my eye: Remember, Jesus Christ Is God Before He became flesh. The perfecting and obedience was for learning and experiencing what His Creation was going through First hand in the flesh. I not sure what you mean by this and I do not mean any disrespect. According to Ray's teachings, Jesus is not God the Father. God the Father is not Jesus in Human form. Also, Why would God need to become flesh for perfecting  obedience for  learning, and  to experience first hand what His creation is going through? Is He not God. Sorry, Like I said no disrespect.

Darren

Hi Darren,

There is a lot to learn and study on this forum. Please read the excerpt below and when done go ahead and follow the link. There is enough information to choke a horse, on any of the pages Ray has taken the time to write. No, Jesus is Not GOD The FATHER; Jesus  Christ Is God in His own Right, Given Him From The FATHER By Birthright.

Rather than redoing it, Read the excerpt below and think on the Truths that you are being shown, really pay attention to what is being shown with newness of mind. I always advise sisters and brothers; do a brain dump and start as if there is no prior programming worth using from your old understanding. Here is how Scripture likens it:

Mat 9:14-17 (GNB)
14  Then the followers of John the Baptist came to Jesus, asking, "Why is it that we and the Pharisees fast often, but your disciples don't fast at all?"
Mat 9:15  Jesus answered, "Do you expect the guests at a wedding party to be sad as long as the bridegroom is with them? Of course not! But the day will come when the bridegroom will be taken away from them, and then they will fast.

Mat 9:16  "No one patches up an old coat with a piece of new cloth, for the new patch will shrink and make an even bigger hole in the coat.

Mat 9:17  Nor does anyone pour new wine into used wineskins, for the skins will burst, the wine will pour out, and the skins will be ruined. Instead, new wine is poured into fresh wineskins, and both will keep in good condition."

Excerpt from:WHO AND WHAT IS JESUS? & WHO IS HIS FATHER? . Nashville Conference 2007

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,4472.0.html
WHO IS THE FATHER?

When we hear of Elohim, El, or Jehovah Elohim, it is as much from the Father as it is Christ, because they are one.   

Jesus Christ is the spokesman for His Father.  No matter what Christ says, He is the mouth piece for the Father.  He’s not Charley McCarthy, He’s not a puppet, but He is the mouth piece for the Father, they are in agreement.  I don’t know if the proper phonetics and all that are given to Him by the Father and if He really has no latitude of His own. 

But in Spirit... the whole thing has to do with spirit and attitude, they are ONE! 

So it says in Acts 5:30 “The God of our fathers raised up Jesus.”   But when we read in the OT “the God of our fathers,” it was Jesus.  But what I want to show by that is the Scripture themselves gives us the latitude to recognize that no matter who the person is, whether it be the Father or the Son, it’s always God. 

It is always God.  Even Christ in His humiliation, in His physical form, where He was severely limited as a human being.  It may say it’s Jesus Christ speaking, but it doesn’t matter if it says it’s Jesus Christ speaking or the OT it’s Jehovah speaking.  We know if someone is speaking it’s NOT the Father.  Because He does not speak, except through the Son. 

So when Christ said, “I have come to reveal the Father” or in John 1:18 where John says Christ came to reveal or unfold the Father, it doesn’t necessarily mean that now Christ is going to tell us all about the Father.  He’s going to tell us how the Father communicates now and in the past.  All we have to recognize is the Father communicates through the Son. 

So when Jesus Christ said, “before Abraham was, I Am” they should have begun to realize... wait a minute are You saying that was You?  You talked to Moses? 
Now we know that some of the apostles, got it for sure.  Paul understood that spiritual Rock was Christ, that is who it was. 

Now at the last supper Philip did not know, he just didn’t know.  So He said “have I been with you so long, and you ask who the Father is, if you have seen Me you have seen the Father.”  Then He went on in different places to say a number of things.

“I and the Father are One.”  (John 10:30)
“I am in Him and He is in Me, We are One.”  (John 17:21)
“The Words I speak, I speak of the Father.” (John 12:50)

It’s like, 'ooh, now I get it.'  By the time of the crucifixion and the next day after the resurrection, even doubting Thomas, he only doubted that Jesus was raised from the dead.  But once he knew it was Jesus and if you talked to him and said Thomas do you believe in God?  He would say, 'yes, sure I believe in God.'  Do you believe in the God of Abraham and Isaac?  He was there at that last supper and he would have said, 'sure I do.'  But did he really comprehend who that God was, that he thought he believed in?

Now that Christ was crucified and they thought, the jig is up.  Then the apostles said 'He’s alive,' but Thomas said I’ll believe it when I see the holes in His body.  So Jesus said to Thomas come here, put your hand in My side, see the holes in My hands.  What was his reaction?  He knew it was Jesus Christ and if Jesus Christ could come back from the dead, then everything that He ever said was true.  Everything that Man said was true.  Now it’s “My Lord and My God.”  Now Thomas not only acknowledged Him as the resurrected Jesus Christ, but if that Man came back from the dead, He’s also God.

God doesn’t change.  When you have perfect character, perfect love, as Christ and the Father say that they have, you don’t change.  There is no variableness of turning in God the Father and Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever.  Jehovah Elohim is the Lord God of Malachi 3:6, which is Jehovah Elohim and just as much God as Jehovah and “I change not.”

Now He talked through that night about how He is in God and God is in Him.  Then He starts to incorporate the disciples, now it’s “those whom You have given Me.”  He’s praying here in chapter 17 after He said, “return to the glory I had with You before the foundation of the world.”

george :).

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2010, 03:51:11 PM »

Hi Ron
I appreciate that you have gained something constructive from our replies to you so far.  The links offered to you by Daywalker are certainly very worth studying and I hope you are going to examine them.

Also,  correct me if I am wrong please Ron. You say

I believe that when man puts his hand to the original scripture, he leads us farther from the truth.

Do you mean that any man made doctrine that adds human reasoning and carnal understanding to the Word of God, you see to fail to correctly expound or rightly divide Gods Word?  Well that is what I understood you to have meant .I think you will find much agreement with that understanding.  If I have understood your meaning correctly, then I think you are doing the wise thing to stay away from opinions and conjectures.

We are all encouraged to continue to 2Ti 2:15  Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. 

Arc

elias3013

« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2010, 09:49:56 AM »

Arc

I do agree with that statement of understanding.

Thanks

Ron

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2010, 01:54:15 PM »

My pleasure Ron. Also please pardon the tone of my first response to you. There was no ill intent meant.

Thank you.

Arc
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 20 queries.