bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why was Jesus' body gone?  (Read 5149 times)

Lupac

Why was Jesus' body gone?
« on: January 09, 2010, 06:47:04 PM »

I'm sorry if I missed this in one of Ray's papers. I agree that we do not "come back" as living human flesh, but as spirits. And if I understand it right, Jesus was resurrected as a spirit also. So than, why was the tomb empty/his body gone? I have always been taught that Jesus resurrected as a human, flesh and blood. But now I know that's not true. Can anyone help me? Thanks.

mharrell08

Re: Why was Jesus' body gone?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2010, 07:06:25 PM »

I'm sorry if I missed this in one of Ray's papers. I agree that we do not "come back" as living human flesh, but as spirits. And if I understand it right, Jesus was resurrected as a spirit also. So than, why was the tomb empty/his body gone? I have always been taught that Jesus resurrected as a human, flesh and blood. But now I know that's not true. Can anyone help me? Thanks.

Email reply from Ray (http://www.forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3707.0.html):

Dear Reader:

Jesus was resurrected with a SPIRITUAL body (I Cor. 15:44-50). For the benefit of those with physical eyes only, Jesus appeared numerous times in human form.

First He appeared as a Gardener (John 20:15).

Second He appeared as Himself (Matt. 28:9).

Third He appeared "in another form" His Own disciples did not know (Mark 16:12).

Fourth, fifth, and sixth,  He appeared to His eleven apostles in a mountain (Matt. 28:16), through solid walls (John 20:19), and eight days later He appeared to Thomas (Matt. 20:27), with His Crucified body.

It matters not in the slightest what happened to His physical crucified body. The Scriptures do not tell us what happened to it.

God be with you,

Ray

on the shore and they could only surmise that it was Jesus

Hope this helps,

Marques

Kat

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2010, 11:31:55 PM »

Hi Lupac,

We have a bit of insight to this in what Paul said.

1Co 15:52  in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed236.  

G236 changed - allassō; to make different: - change.

Even Job talked about being changed.

Job 14:14  If a man die, shall he live again? all the days of my appointed time will I wait, till my change2498 come.

H2487 change - chălîyphâh; alternation: - change, course.

So what it says is that the physical body at resurrection is not necessarily gone, but will be changed/alternated or made different.  Paul even tells us how quickly this will happen "in the twinkling of an eye."  What exactly will this change be for the Elect?

1John 3:2  Beloved, now we are children of God; and it has not yet been revealed what we shall be, but we know that when He is revealed, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is.

Another Scripture gives us a view of Christ in His glorified state.

Rev 1:13  and in the midst of the seven lampstands One like the Son of Man, clothed with a garment down to the feet and girded about the chest with a golden band.
v. 14  His head and hair were white like wool, as white as snow, and His eyes like a flame of fire;
v. 15  His feet were like fine brass, as if refined in a furnace, and His voice as the sound of many waters;

But we also know that Christ could take on a physical form as well, because He came to the disciples after His resurrection.

Luke 24:36 Now at their speaking these things, Jesus Himself stood in their midst and is saying to them, "Peace to you!"
v. 37 Yet, being dismayed and becoming affrighted, they supposed they are beholding a spirit."
v. 38 And He said to then, "Why are you disturbed? And wherefore are reasonings coming up in your hearts?
v. 39 Perceive My hands and My feet, that it is I Myself. Handle Me and perceive, for a spirit has not flesh and bones according as you behold Me having."
v. 40 And saying this, He exhibits to them His hands and feet."
v. 41 Now, at their still disbelieving from joy, and marveling, He said to them, "Have you any food in this place?
v. 42 Now they hand Him part of a broiled fish,
v. 43 and, taking it, He ate before them." (CLV)

So it seems that Jesus could be in spirit in heaven with His Father and could come into physical form onto the earth at will.  And we know how He is able to do anything that He so desires.

Mat 28:18  And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, "All authority1849 has been given to Me in heaven and on earth.

G1849 authority - exousia; (in the sense of ability); privilege, that is, (subjectively) force, capacity, competency, freedom, or (objectively) mastery (concretely magistrate, superhuman, potentate, token of control), delegated influence: - authority, jurisdiction, liberty, power, right, strength.

The Elect at resurrection will become like Christ... given the power needed to rule with Him.

1Co 2:9  But as it is written:
       "Eye has not seen, nor ear heard,
       Nor have entered into the heart of man
       The things which God has prepared for those who love Him."

mercy, peace and love
Kat

« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 11:40:49 PM by Kat »

myms

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2010, 01:35:06 AM »

When Peter addressed the people on the day of Pentecost he quoted from the prophetic words of David who spoke about Jesus (see Psalm 16:11-18). I’m sure someone will correct me if I’m wrong, but I think Jesus’ body was not allowed to see corruption in fulfillment of prophecy.

Act 2:25  For David says concerning him, "'I saw the Lord always before me, for he is at my right hand that I may not be shaken;
Act 2:26  therefore my heart was glad, and my tongue rejoiced; my flesh also will dwell in hope.
Act 2:27  For you will not abandon my soul to Hades, or let your Holy One see corruption.
Act 2:28  You have made known to me the paths of life; you will make me full of gladness with your presence.'

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2010, 04:50:26 PM »

Hi Lupac

Please also consider this with the sound council you have already recieved.

2Co 5:16  Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more.

Arc
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 17 queries.