bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Simple approach...  (Read 5947 times)

Marky Mark

Simple approach...
« on: January 11, 2010, 04:20:23 PM »

I don't know.

When we begin to look into Scripture and the things of God, sometimes I have to ask myself just how far and how much do we really need to know concerning Spiritual things, on a level that, in reality[of the flesh], has nothing to do with Gods intention for man and the eventual out come, Spiritually speaking.

I guess sometimes it is interesting to speculate and become more concerned with the messenger more so than the message.Does God expect us to be more concerned with the message that the Word has brought to the table or does He want us to concentrate on what one finds interesting about the persona of our Lord[meaning what we can obtain in study for the minds sake(self serving), instead of the the sake of the heart(understanding Spiritual Truths)]. I am not condescending to anyone or trying to judge,but it seems to me that Ray does not go out of his way to often to make mountains out of mole hills when it comes to the things of God.

The reason that I can actually understand Rays work is that once the Spirit enabled me to comprehend what Ray was trying to convey in word, it was only because of a simplistic approach to what God has offered to us through His Word and not something to heady for a simpleton such as myself. Lord knows that I can use all the help that He can provide in my Spiritual journey,but for this man[me],the simple approach is something that I can understand so as not to be wavering in my Spiritual beliefs.

The following verse just seem to give credence to what I feel.

Psa 116:6  The LORD preserveth the simple: I was brought low, and he helped me.

Psa 19:7  The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple.

Psa 119:130  The entrance of thy words giveth light; it giveth understanding unto the simple.

Pro 1:32  For the turning away of the simple shall slay them, and the prosperity of fools shall destroy them.

Pro 14:15  The simple believeth every word: but the prudent man looketh well to his going.

Pro 21:11  When the scorner is punished, the simple is made wise: and when the wise is instructed, he receiveth knowledge.

Pro 21:11 When a mocker is fined, the simple person shall become wise, And when a wise man gains intelligence, he takes in knowledge."

1Pe 3:4  But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price.

No rhyme or reason for this post,but none the less I felt compelled to post it anyway.

All Praise and Glory to The Most High.

Peace...Mark

Deborah-Leigh

Re: Simple approach...
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2010, 05:58:16 PM »

What a pure, clean, wholesome post MM.

Thank you!

Looking at the word simple.... :D...is not so simple :D ;D

From the Hebrew language From H6601; silly (that is, seducible): - foolish, simple (-icity, one).

Silly as in absurd, ridiculous, preposterous, nonsensical, farcical, daft, outrageous, illogical, meaningless, bizarre, senseless, irrational, asinine, foolish, thoughtless, idiotic, unwise, imprudent, rash, unwise, reckless, foolhardy, LACKING JUDGMENT.

H6612
פּתאי  /  פּתי  /  פּתי
pethı̂y  /  pethı̂y  /  pethâ'ı̂y
Total KJV Occurrences: 19

simple, 17
Psa_19:7, Psa_116:6, Psa_119:130, Pro_1:4, Pro_1:22, Pro_1:32, Pro_7:7, Pro_8:5, Pro_9:4, Pro_9:16, Pro_14:15, Pro_14:18, Pro_19:25, Pro_21:11, Pro_22:3, Pro_27:12, Eze_45:20

foolish, 1
Pro_9:6

simplicity, 1
Pro_1:22

Compare the Greek language in the NT.
G172
ἄκακος
akakos

Total KJV Occurrences: 2

harmless, 1
Heb_7:26

simple, 1
Rom_16:18

From G1 (as a negative particle) and G2556; not bad, that is, (objectively) innocent or (subjectively) unsuspecting: - harmless, simple.
From G1 (as a negative particle) and a presumed derivative of G2767; unmixed, that is, (figuratively) innocent: - harmless, simple.

Innocent as in spotless, unblemished, untarnished, irreproachable, guiltless, above suspicion, pristine, immaculate, flawless, unassailable, unimpeachable, honorable, righteous, virtuous, sound, incontrovertible, unquestionable, irrefutable, indisputable, invincible, indomitable.

Sounds like Christ is referred to in both Heb 7:26 and Rom 16:18 In the OT references The Plan of God to convert the natural to the Spiritual and conform all to His Image begins.  8)

Arc
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 06:02:57 PM by Arcturus »

Marky Mark

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2010, 10:58:05 AM »

All to the Glory of our God Arc. :)

Peace...Mark

mharrell08

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2010, 01:49:37 PM »

Hey Mark,

I know what you mean as we've talked about this time and time again. If you don't mind, I'd like to give the other members some examples to help them relate.

Matt 14:16-21  Jesus said unto them, They need not depart; give ye them to eat. And they say unto him, We have here but five loaves, and two fishes. He said, Bring them hither to me.

And he commanded the multitude to sit down on the grass, and took the five loaves, and the two fishes, and looking up to heaven, he blessed, and brake, and gave the loaves to his disciples, and the disciples to the multitude. And they did all eat, and were filled: and they took up of the fragments that remained twelve baskets full. And they that had eaten were about five thousand men, beside women and children.

We have all read the above passage, telling how Jesus fed thousands from 2 fishes and a couple loaves of bread. The point I believe Mark is stating, is that a person will take a passage as this and attempt to uncover many layers to it. As in:

1. The '5 loaves' being symbolic of some higher spiritual truth

2. The '2 fishes' being symbolic of some higher spiritual truth

3. The '12 baskets of fragments' being symbolic of some higher spiritual truth

4. The multitude of 'five thousand' being symbolic of some higher spiritual truth

And so on and so on...as one can see, you can do this all day and all night within the scriptures.

For some, they may feel 'so what?' They understand from this passage that through God, all things are possible [Matt 19:26]. That's all they need to understand and are contempt with just that understanding.

For others, they may feel that bringing out all symbolism in the scriptures is of utmost importance. For them, this is known as mining for hidden treasure or kings searching out a matter [Prov 25:2].

To me personally, I feel to each his/her own. We all have different functions in the body of Christ, all hold different offices in the ministry [Eph 4:12]. Some of us are good for encouragement among the members, others strong/deep understanding, others at admonishing, and others like Ray at teaching.

But it is our faith, the one faith of God that we hold in Christ Jesus, that binds us all together. That is what makes us all one...one in the faith.

Hope I helped in any way Mark and feel free to correct any points made.

Thanks,

Marques

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2010, 04:39:31 PM »

Thank you for sharing what you see Marques.

Eph 4:12]. Some of us are good for encouragement among the members, others strong/deep understanding, others at admonishing, and others like Ray at teaching.

But it is our faith, the one faith of God that we hold in Christ Jesus, that binds us all together. That is what makes us all one...one in the faith.

Eph 4:16  From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself IN LOVE.

The IN LOVE edification is as Jesus prayed to The Father for us to be as ONE>  God IS Love 8)

Joh 17:21  That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

Arc
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 04:43:15 PM by Arcturus »

mharrell08

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2010, 05:08:35 PM »

There are many times when I have a difficult time understanding some of the deep things of God. And to be honest,I do not wish to dig them up when the ground above is so littered with pearls. I believe that there is enough Truth on the surface to keep me busy for two life times.Some day all will be revealed to me concerning Gods Truths but in the mean time I will concentrate on getting down the basics before digging a hole to deep that I may not have the necessary tools (ie;Spiritual awareness), to bring myself back to the surface in a purposeful or meaningful way.

Great, great point Mark...like one requesting a huge pitcher of water before finishing the cup set in front of them.

That's where I think sound counsel is important [...in the multitude of counsellors there is safety - Prov 11:14, Prov 24:6]. We should trust that in the same way God is moving in us, He is doing the same in our brethren. If we find ourselves marching to our own drum, listening to our own voice/perspective, that is a dangerous position to be in.

When I want to make something harder than what it really is the Spirit always comes a knocking with a big fat    K I S S..... (Keep It Simple Stupid)  ;) :D

Peace...Mark

Can't go wrong here...hold on to the truths we have. If a 'deeper truth/understanding' conflicts with a simpler truth, maybe that 'deep truth/understanding' is not really truth at all.

Great thread Mark,

Marques

Kat

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2010, 06:15:57 PM »

Thanks for bringing up the "Simple approach" Mark.

I see the 'simple' things as the basics, the foundational truths that we are to be grounded in.  They are simple when you have eyes to see, but yet very profound.  I do not want to reach so high that I lose sight of the surface/foundation. 

As Ray has always stated [and I agree with him 110%] when you learn a Spiritual Truth, don't ever let it go. Learning and holding on to the Truth is no easy task,it takes study and a lot of hard work.

I totally agree with you and Ray on this.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Marlene

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2010, 12:24:01 AM »

I too, think the simple things are very important. What, has always come to my mind is God is love.  While, we have been taught that God is Love, but only if you do this or that.

Once, while in Babylon I was singing a song about Love. After, singing it, God put into my mind that Love is the answer to the worlds problems. If, we can all become like God we will not sin and hurt others. 

So, when I think should I do this or that. I think is that showing Love. 

I love these verses,

Matthew 22 :36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
                  37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all they heart, and with all thy soul, and with all they mind. 
                  38 This is the first and great commandment.
                  39 And the second is like unto it Thou shalt love they neighboour as thyself.
                  40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

I often just meditate on these simple scriptures, but they are so powerful to think on and obey.

If, we have the simple things we have alot to learn right there.

Great, post Mark.  Makes me think when I am so eager to learn the deep things. God has given us so many simple scriptures to think upon and all we need to walk with him.  I just want to obey him. I know, only if I have his Spirit can I even obey. Love, being the greatest commandment.

In His Love,
Marlene

Roy Martin

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2010, 09:18:04 AM »

I really like this post. It has had me thinking since I first read it. I'll get some truth that I'll say, I got it finally, and then start reading other post where someone is bringing up scriptures and asking, but what about this or that, etc. until I start rethinking what I thought I had,, and sometimes feel it slipping away to a different understanding that just doesn't feel right, so I dismiss the distraction and get it back to what felt right.
 I'm  more content and comfortable with just knowing I'm not going to be burned for eternity, that God loves all of us. You know, the simple truths that we know.
 All I have to do is look at my past and day to day life,and the lives of the people here, and this crazy world to know that God is with me and all of you working in us, and everything for that matter. A personal intimate love relationship with God is good enough for me.I have no desire to be a teacher. God may change that someday, but for now its His heart, my heart, love and reaching out to Him on a one on one level just as a child and parent have.
 I think Mark and Marques complimented each other very well in their post. Marques about the body and all of its functions. and Mark with simplicity.I'm only agreeing and not condescending as Mark put it.

Peace
Roy
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 09:30:59 AM by Roy Martin »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 20 queries.