bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HALLELUJAH!  (Read 5123 times)

LiberatedEagle

HALLELUJAH!
« on: January 11, 2010, 06:50:45 PM »

Greetings Brothers and Sisters in Christ,

I just wanted to share with everybody how one word from God totally lifted me out of a very deep depression. Recently I mentioned that I was considering suicide because of the pain of not being the man I felt God wanted me to be also because of other mental issues that were tormenting me. Well I shared with one of the moderators here at BT how I was feeling and in his initial response he pretty much reminded me that I wasn't the only one struggling with the flesh. However, in his latest reply he advised me to read one of Ray's latest transcripts in regards to overcoming sin in our life found here:
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,10966.msg94723.html#msg94723

Though I had read and listen to this study a couple of times and also had read Ray's transcript on repentance it didn't fully dawn on me what Apostle Paul and Ray was trying to teach us; That we are truly God's workmanship and He will literally perform in us what He desires us to do.  I beat myself up time and time again because of the sin in my life, but never really grasp what God was saying. Since He put the desire in my heart to be righteous He's going to finish what He started!! I never understood what Apostle Paul was saying when he encouraged us to "mortify the deeds of the body through the spirit" I was waiting for the spirit, I guess like a pentecostal experience, but now I realize that by thinking on the things that Apostle Pauls encourages us to think on in Philipians 4:8 and then understanding Prov. 23:7: Whatsoever a man thinketh in his heart so is he, I realized that the power is already here and that God is going to take me from truth to truth, from glory to glory in His time.

This removed a major weight in my life and I am so overjoyed that God has given me this understanding. I believe I'll run on to see what the end will be ;D Thank you all for your prayers and I thank God that He has given us these moderators here at BT so full of wisdom and understanding. I don't take this for granted at all.

Be Blessed Brothers and Sisters and Stay Encouraged

In His Will,

Charles

Deborah-Leigh

Re: HALLELUJAH!
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2010, 07:19:43 PM »

Joh 8:36  Therefore if the Son shall make you free, you shall be free indeed.

Thank you for sharing~ ;D

Arc

LiberatedEagle

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2010, 07:36:38 PM »

My Pleasure Arcturus. I thank God for you as well for all your correspondence to my posts and all of the other faithful borthers and sisters in Christ.

Kat

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2010, 08:06:14 PM »

Hi Charles,

It is truely a joy to see a fellow believer reach a 'milestone' of understanding some part of this truth.  We rejoice with you brother  :D

Rom 12:10  Be kindly affectionate to one another with brotherly love, in honor giving preference to one another
Rom 12:15  Rejoice with those who rejoice...

mercy, peace and love
Kat
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 09:09:21 PM by Kat »

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2010, 08:09:45 PM »

Hey Charles.  Here's one for you from the mouth and Heart of the Lord Jesus.

Luk 22:31-32  "Simon, Simon (Charles, Charles), behold, Satan demanded to have you, that he might sift you like wheat, but I have prayed for you that your faith may not fail. And when you have turned again, strengthen your brothers."

You've done that here.  God bless you.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 08:11:02 PM by Dave in Tenn »
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

LiberatedEagle

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2010, 08:30:09 PM »

Hey Charles.  Here's one for you from the mouth and Heart of the Lord Jesus.

Luk 22:31-32  "Simon, Simon (Charles, Charles), behold, Satan demanded to have you, that he might sift you like wheat, but I have prayed for you that your faith may not fail. And when you have turned again, strengthen your brothers."

You've done that here.  God bless you.

WoW! In the words of the infamous Steve Erkel "Did I Do Thaaaat?" ;D

Thank you so much Dave. I know there are many more truths that I've yet to learn, but ima bask in this one for awhile.

Linny

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2010, 11:51:07 PM »

How exciting for you Charles to have felt such a great weight lifted off your shoulders! I am praising God with you today!
God is SO GOOD!
Thanks so much for sharing.  ;D
Lin

LiberatedEagle

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2010, 04:30:38 AM »

Thank you Linny, you are so faithful. I am so humbled to know that my trials brought edification to the body of Christ. God uses us even when we don't try. I guess that's the point huh? It is God who works in us both to will and do of His good pleasure. The more I think about it, the more it makes sense.

G. Driggs

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2010, 09:57:47 AM »

That is good news Charles, rejoicing with you bro! Just to add to all the loving encouragement you received already.

Mat 13:44  "The kingdom of heaven is like a treasure hidden in the field, which a man found and hid again; and from joy over it he goes and sells all that he has and buys that field.
Mat 13:45  "Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant seeking fine pearls,
Mat 13:46  and upon finding one pearl of great value, he went and sold all that he had and bought it.
Mat 13:47  "Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a dragnet cast into the sea, and gathering fish of every kind;
Mat 13:48  and when it was filled, they drew it up on the beach; and they sat down and gathered the good fish into containers, but the bad they threw away.

Luk 15:2  And the Pharisees and scribes were complaining, "This man welcomes sinners and eats with them!"
Luk 15:3  So He told them this parable:
Luk 15:4  "What man among you, who has 100 sheep and loses one of them, does not leave the 99 in the open field and go after the lost one until he finds it?
Luk 15:5  When he has found it, he joyfully puts it on his shoulders,
Luk 15:6  and coming home, he calls his friends and neighbors together, saying to them, 'Rejoice with me, because I have found my lost sheep!'
Luk 15:7  I tell you, in the same way, there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over 99 righteous people who don't need repentance.
Luk 15:8  "Or what woman who has 10 silver coins, if she loses one coin, does not light a lamp, sweep the house, and search carefully until she finds it?
Luk 15:9  When she finds it, she calls her women friends and neighbors together, saying, 'Rejoice with me, because I have found the silver coin I lost!'
Luk 15:10  I tell you, in the same way, there is joy in the presence of God's angels over one sinner who repents."

Peace, G.Driggs

LiberatedEagle

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2010, 04:15:40 PM »

Thanks G. Driggs. You know it seems like after one truth has opened up to you so many more of the scriptures makes sense. I've been reading these scriptures for years and thought I understood. OOh Boy was I grossly mistaken. I now must continue to stir up the gift God has given me. My prayer is that God will enable me to be a blessing to all of my true brothers and sisters here as you all have been a blessing to me and you know what, I believe that's going to happen. I thank God for my family. I may not always respond to every post, but I do feel understood here and just at home. What a glorious day it will be when we are able to come together on one accord in the spirit. God bless.

Ninny

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2010, 04:41:45 PM »

Charles, I was going to reply earlier, but I decided to go back and read your first posts.. I have been thinking about your first testimony on this forum..how very far you have come and how God has moved in your life...All of your life!! I remember the "bullet in the shoe" and how you didn't have to spend that long time in prison!! Sometimes I go back and re read posts to make sure I get the facts about people right...so listen Charles..I went back and looked at your first several posts..you should do that too!! God is with you my friend! He is leading you and guiding you..you may not have a clear picture in your mind as to what you should do, but don't worry, God has the whole picture in front of Him!! Your life is an open book before God and not one detail is missed by Him...you're going to make it, Charles..one way or another God will bring you right to the place you need to be...rest in that!!  :)
Kathy ;)

Ninny

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2010, 04:52:18 PM »

Oh I forgot Charles...it has been 1 year ago almost to the day..since your very first post!! Amazing!! How time flies quickly by!! How God works!!!
Kathy :D

LiberatedEagle

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2010, 04:57:27 PM »

That's right Ninny. You know I went back yesterday to look at all of my previos post and you know I realize that I had been searching for this understanding pretty much all the while. To be able to see God answering my prayers in such fashion is truly amazing. My faith has grown just a little bit more. That's why God says He's the author and finisher of our faith. Love ya Ninny!! ;D Not just words, I really do.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 19 queries.