bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Pray-ers, Once Again, Please!!  (Read 8646 times)

Ninny

Pray-ers, Once Again, Please!!
« on: January 12, 2010, 08:55:35 PM »

Everyone, once again I would ask you to pray for my little munchkin, Grayson..He has his MRI coming up next Thrusday. He has been doing a few things that have worried his parents a little.. He has been a little off-balance, nothing terrible... He tilts his head a little, not dramatically...his eye is crossing a little worse, not horribly... and lastly this morning he woke up in the wee hours throwing up and he threw up until mid morning...ok...now..the off balance, the head tilting, and the eye crossing were all the symptoms he first had when he had his brain tumor..throwing up in the morning is also a symptom of a brain tumor, that he didn't exhibit...He went to the neurologist here in town last week and he said he sees nothing to indicate a problem, and said to hold off worrying until they do the MRI. He has an appointment with his eye doctor on the 28th and he didn't see any need in moving his appointment up..he doesn't think there is a problem..Here is a bit of a strange coincidence..Gray's daddy was awake in the wee hours throwing up also!! I don't think HE has a brain tumor!! I think he has a virus and I think Gray does too.. I'm not making light of any of this, but I've had a very stressful week with all of this and I need a little levity!!  :)

So here is what I need my faithful pray-ers to do..

1. I need you to please pray for Grayson! That his MRI comes out clean and clear!! 6 months ago the MRI showed what ever was in his brain..maybe NOT residual piece of tumor at all, but scar tissue..and it was shrinking..what they saw was shrinking and it was very tiny..

2. I need for you to pray for peace for his mommy and daddy...not to mention his Ninny! BUT especially for Gray's mommy. She is nearing mental exhaustion all four of the children have been sick over the past week so there has been little sleep for any of us..That makes the things Gray is doing more worrisome to her..We all need to have peace that God has taken care of that tumor and that whatever happens to Gray for the rest of his life is in God's hands. period!

Those are the things I need prayer for!! Now here is a reminder of what we're facing..the drs have told my son and daughter-in-law that if Gray goes for 2 years post tumor removal and there is no regrowth, they can start to breathe a little easier..when he passes the 5year mark post tumor removal and there is no regrowth..they can pretty well be assured the tumor will not regrow..they follow these patients for 10 years at that time they figure if the tumor hasn't shown any sign of regrowth then its' pretty much a done deal..So you can see we have a few years ahead of us where Gray will be considered a "special needs child" without any real special needs!! He's like a little mean machine and he plows through life as if he's a Mack Truck!! He will be on anti seizure meds until he's 5..and hopefully if there is no problem with the MRI his tests will be moved to yearly instead of every 6 months! and last of all sometime in Feb. or Mar. if all goes well he will have surgery to correct his crossing eye.. so I'll post about that as the time draws near..we are all a little apprehensive as the time for the MRI draws near..God is in control, but we pray against the anxiety!
So thank you all once again my sweet pray-ers and I will let you know about the result of the MRI as soon as we know! With all of this we are so thankful that Grayson's tumor was benign...he had no cancer to fight as some of the children have..We always are thankful that God has watched over our little friends, Hannah Grace and Elijah..who are by no means out of the wood with their cancers...But here again Gray is our baby and if he had to have a major brain surgery again it would be horrible...but I say again..God is in control!!
Love you all!!
Kathy :-*

rockrdude

Re: Pray-ers, Once Again, Please!!
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2010, 10:18:04 PM »

You KNOW I'm keeping Gray.. and all of you.. in my prayers.  :)

Marlene

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2010, 10:46:22 PM »

I will keep you all in prayer. 

Marlene

Samson

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2010, 11:33:16 PM »

Kathy,

I will certainly keep Grayson and the caretakers in my prayers. Many times we forget the Family members that take care of the sick, mentally ill, aged parents and Society seems to also, they need comforting and support too, like Grayson's Mommy who's Mentally Exhausted.

Take Care, Samson.

OBrenda

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2010, 11:58:10 PM »

Praying for my twinkle boy!!!

Roy Martin

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2010, 12:26:03 PM »

My prayers have been sent out in Jesus name.

Peace
Roy

Linny

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2010, 01:24:54 PM »

Praying. Love you!

Ninny

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2010, 02:14:22 PM »

Thought I'd give you a quick update this morning...Gray is feeling much better this morning and so is his daddy! He has been feeling great and he looks so much better today..no fever not throwing up!
It's hard not to panic when he gets sick..you just have to fight the fear! Even when his brothers get sick now their mommy just imagines the worst!

Anyway! Thank you all so much for the prayers and the good thoughts! God is good, no matter what!!
It means more to me than all of you know..just knowing that you care enough to pray!! and to encourage this crazy Ninny, here!! I do love you all!!  :-*

By the way...Grayson is driving me nuts with "Jingle Bells" he's been singing it non-stop since Christmas!!! Yikes!! first he can't talk and now he never shuts up!!!  ;D He's kinda like his Ninny, huh? hehehe!! :D
Oh and Brenda...he's still singing Twinkle Little Star too and he still loves the sparkly star on your messages!!  :)
Kathy ;)

9440geoff

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2010, 07:25:12 PM »

That's good news, Kathy.

Praying that Grayson's MRI scan will be clear, and for God's peace for all of you.

Geoff

tamaralv

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2010, 02:00:10 AM »

Kathy,

Adding my prayers for all of you to the rest.

Peace and Love in Christ,

Tammy

myms

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2010, 12:53:44 PM »

Praying that 'the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.' Big hug Myms

Ninny

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2010, 01:12:29 PM »

I wanted to relay to all of you that my daughter-in-law told me that she is so greatful for everyone's prayers..she said peace has settled over her once again and she knows that she just lets her mind play too many tricks on her..easy I guess when you lose a lot of sleep...I think part of her peace comes not only  from God, but also because she has been able to catch some sleep in the last few nights..so I just pray that these kids stay healthy for the rest of the year!!!  :)

tamaralv

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2010, 11:26:33 AM »

Kathy,
I'm praying with you for continued good health for your family.  My thoughts have been with your daughter in law specifically.  Being a mom isn't a particularly peaceful job and never when you have an ill child.  Please let her know that my thoughts and prayers for strength and peace are with all of you and as she has been so uneasy, with her in particular.  I love Psalms 46 in times of trouble.

Peace and Love in Christ,

Tammy

Ninny

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2010, 02:53:05 PM »

Grayson is having his MRI right now and they will have the results from the doctor at 2:30 this afternoon.. Also Hannah Grace had her MRI at 8 this morning we should be hearing something soon about her..
I'll let you know soon as we hear something. Thank you all for praying!

Linny

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2010, 03:33:10 PM »

Good! Was hoping you'd post as soon as you can!

Vangie

« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2010, 05:38:18 PM »

Waiting to hear news about the Munchkin....

rockrdude

« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2010, 05:47:23 PM »

We're hoping for GOOD news here...

Ninny

« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2010, 06:11:28 PM »

grayson`s mri showed no change in the little bit of tumor that is there... no change! no need for further surgery! they even moved the next mri out to one year!  he is good to go for eye surgery!  NO PROBLEMS!!!   

Hannah Grace`s mri showed significant improvement!!

We have a good God!! thank you all for standing with me once again!
Love you so much!

tinknocker

« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2010, 06:18:26 PM »

Great news  :)

rockrdude

« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2010, 06:19:53 PM »

Who-hooo!!! \o/
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 20 queries.