bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: All?  (Read 5563 times)

nightmare sasuke

All?
« on: March 20, 2006, 02:23:20 AM »

"Tit 2:11 For the saving grace of God made its advent to all humanity,"

I thought only the elect are under grace. This verse says "all." What does it mean, "all?"

Sonia

All?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2006, 03:16:32 AM »

Hi NS,

The word means "all."

Here's some additional translations of that verse:
NLT - Tts 2:11 -    For the grace of God has been revealed, bringing salvation to all people.
New Living Translation © 1996 Tyndale Charitable Trust

NKJV - Tts 2:11 -   For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men,
New King James Version © 1982 Thomas Nelson

NASB - Tts 2:11 -   For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation to all men,
New American Standard Bible © 1995 Lockman Foundation

RSV - Tts 2:11 -   For the grace of God has appeared for the salvation of all men,
Revised Standard Version © 1947, 1952.

Webster - Tts 2:11 -   For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,

Compare also to:

And the angel said to them, "Fear not, for behold, I bring you good news of a great joy that will be for all the people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord.  (Lk 2:10-11)

Also, check out the definition and usage of "salvation" here: http://www.blueletterbible.org/tmp_dir/words/4/1142835254-8890.html

Does that help any?
Sonia

nightmare sasuke

All?
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2006, 03:18:32 AM »

How is every (all) person experiencing grace, though?

Sonia

All?
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2006, 03:29:06 AM »

Oh, I missed the point of your question. Does it say that all people are now experiencing God's grace?  His favor has come (in the form of Christ) and will bring salvation to all men--that's how I understand it.

Sonia

nightmare sasuke

All?
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2006, 03:29:46 AM »

Alright. Thanks.

Chris R

Hi
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2006, 08:39:34 AM »

Quote from: nightmare sasuke
How is every (all) person experiencing grace, though?

Hi,

I'm not sure of your question? All men will experience grace, albeit not all now, God is not even trying to save everyone now, but He will,  "each man in his own order."

For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.   For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.   But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.  [1Cr 15:21-23]

Peace

Chris R

roperfam

All?
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2006, 10:57:47 AM »

Eph 2:8  for by grace ye are having been saved, through faith, and this not of you--of God the gift,

Saving grace can only be accessed through faith.  But this faith is not our own, it is a gift.  As others stated, in a specific order, according to God's plan will all receive grace.

jerry cabral

All
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2006, 11:10:14 AM »

Isaiah 56 explained to me than if I being a dry tree, of the children of men, a beast, a son of the foreigners, need not be, and knowing and being showed then as a simple heathen given to my Lord as an inheiritance if anything I am my Lords.  Im not special, just understand verse 6 being part of all.

eutychus

All?
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2006, 11:26:56 AM »

Mat 5:45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 17 queries.