bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: need all word people!  (Read 4583 times)

the truth

need all word people!
« on: January 13, 2010, 08:21:46 PM »

need some help understanding something.in the lake of fire part-8..ray list 10 ways to be disqualified for the 1 resurection.this is on page 31of35 pages.how pray tell...lol...can ANY one pull off number 2 we all sin.....willfully...... after coming to the truth .heb-10 26-27.is he saying like back sliding..and not walking in the spirit for a long period of time or is he saying if you sin willfully after you have confessed jesus as lord of your life?cause i see it as impossable to not sin willfully at some point any day.such as over eating or wrong thoughts etc.this is the whole reason for evil isnt it that it is a tool if you will to teach and humble us.thanks the truth.

Kat

Re: need all word people!
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2010, 09:10:03 PM »

Hi the truth,

Here is the section you were referring to.

http://bible-truths.com/lake8.html ------

FROM GLORY TO GLORY

There is a progression in the rewards promised to the conquering overcomers in the Churches that is vital for us to see and understand. If one is "saved" (past tense, finished, completed, with absolutely no possibility of losing that salvation at any time before we die), then there are indeed some Scriptural contradictions to such a theory.

We need to get very serious for a moment. Salvation culminates for the believer in the First Resurrection to spiritual life and immortality. However, before that time, during the life of each believer, there are warnings in the Scriptures about ways that one can become disqualified from being in the first resurrection. Let’s notice just a few of them:

1. "Wherefore let him that thinks he stands take heed LEST HE FALL" (I Cor. 10:12).

2. "If they should FALL AWAY, to renew them again unto repentance…" (Heb. 6:6), and

"For if we sin willfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remains no more sacrifice for sins. But a certain fearful looking for of JUDGMENT and fiery indignation [the lake of fire] which shall devour the adversaries" (Heb. 10:26-27).

3. "Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; you are FALLEN FROM GRACE" (Gal. 5:4).

4. "Looking diligently lest any man FAIL OF THE GRACE of God…" (Heb. 12:15).

5. "They on the rock are they, which, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, which for a while believe, and in time of temptation FALL AWAY" (Luke 8:13).

6. "Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a FALLING AWAY first…" (II The. 2:3).

7. "But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should A CASTAWAY [Gk: disqualified]" (I Cor. 9:27).

8. "Now the Spirit speaks expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron" (I Tim. 4:1).

9."For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the LATTER END IS WORSE WITH THEM THAN THE BEGINNING [before they were converted]. For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, TO TURN FROM the holy commandment delivered unto them" (II Peter 2:20-21).

10."And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plough [having begun to follow Christ] and looking back [desiring his old sinful life again] IS FIT FOR THE KINGDOM OF GOD" (Luke 9:62).
Don’t think that these verses were written in vain. Jesus said that "many" would say to Him in that day, "Lord, Lord…," but Jesus will tell them to "depart." It is not enough to accept Jesus Christ as your Saviour and go no further. You must continue growing spiritually. We must CONTINUE following Christ all the days of our life.

"Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on Him, If you CONTINUE in My word, then are you my disciples indeed" (John 8:31).
---------------------------------------------------------------

This is from the '08 Bible study 'Can We Lose God's Spirit and Eonian Life?'

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,7047.0.html ---

1John 3:9  Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin…

He means to practice - be committing - repetitively committing, you can’t practice it.  It doesn’t mean we won’t sin, we all sin, we all make mistakes, we all say dumb things and do dumb things.   But you are not to make a practice of it.  I mean you’ll goof up, you can try your best and you’re still going to screw up.  But if you practice what you know is wrong, then I mean you are a long way from living right.

v. 10  In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loves not his brother.
v. 11  For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another.

These are just very basic Scriptures as you can find and John talks more about love than any other Apostle.

v. 14  We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loves not his brother abides in death.

Because we know the reward is eonian life.  If you don’t receive the reward, you go on to judgment.  It doesn’t mean you are going to suffer in hell for all eternity, but you must go through judgment.
v
v
“For if we sin willfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remains no more sacrifice for sins,” (Heb. 10:26)

Well how are you going to be saved, if the sacrifice for sins doesn’t even apply to you?  But here is what you will get the next verse 27… “But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.”  That’s what you can look forward to.

This is from 'Despising the Word of God' the April '08 Bible Study.  

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,7414.0.html ----

Rom. 11:21  For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest He also spare not you.
v. 22  Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward you, goodness, if you continue in His goodness: otherwise you also shall be cut off.

But we are not at the end yet.  Is it conceivable that some of them that He was talking to were cut off?   Yes I think so, you go to the book of Hebrews and it says if you sin willfully, willingly, knowingly, wantingly after you have come to the knowledge of the truth, there is no more sacrifice for you (Heb. 10:26).  Is that the end though?  Remember God declares the end, the total end from the beginning, when death is swallowed up in victory?  Is that the end?  No if you read further back in Hebrews, there is no more sacrifice for you, BUT!  But what?  JUDGMENT!

What did we learn in Isaiah where the declarations of God is.  When God’s judgments are on you the nations “shall beat their swords into plowshares” and the unrighteous “will learn righteousness.”  That’s what will happen.

v. 23  And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be grafted in…

Well why would they not stay grafted in in unbelief?  Because they are going to be judged and when you are judged you learn righteousness

v. 23 … for God is able to graft them in again.

Now there it is.  You have just read where God blinded a whole nations and they were cut off and they died in there sins and He says I can bring them back and graft them in.  Who you going to believe?  The Scriptures or these filthy minded heretics.  You can die in your sins and you can be brought back to life from the dead and you can be grafted in, you just read it.  God is able!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope this is helpful.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Patrick

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2010, 09:28:48 PM »

Kat did a better job, nevertheless here's some more.

Rom 6:11  Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Rom 6:12  Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.
Rom 6:13  Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.
Rom 6:14  For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.
Rom 6:15  What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.

Yes we all have sinned, Rom 3:23  For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;  Rom 5:12  Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned; if you "let" sin reign (rule)/have dominion (be a god/have control) over you, there's a problem (Heb 10:27). As Ray states, "That’s what you can look forward to."

jerreye

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2010, 10:37:16 PM »

This book was written to Hebrews who were accustomed to offering animal sacrifices and I believe many were tempted to go back to animal sacrifices.

Notice in Heb 10: 29 it tells us WHY there "remaineth no more sacrifices for sins"....it is because they have WILLFULLY "trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified , an UNHOLY THING."

I think it is clear that this "willful sin" is the sin of rejecting the only TRUE sacrifice for sin, which is Christ. If one rejects the only TRUE sacrifice for sin, there truly is no OTHER sacrifice available.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 22 queries.