bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The good news according to Ray  (Read 6438 times)

elias3013

The good news according to Ray
« on: January 14, 2010, 12:23:37 PM »

If Ray's teaching is true and I believe most in this forum do believe, and I can convince myself that it is the gospel truth, then I have found just what I was looking for.

I am new to this forum, but after having read a lot of Ray's teaching, my understanding is that God is in complete control of everyone's life and destiny and His will will be done in Heaven and on this Earth.

If God's will certainly will prevail in my life, then I have nothing to worry about. If I do wrong then I know that God knew about it in advance and it must have been His will, or I wouldn't have done wrong in the first place.

One of the great things that I have learned from Ray's teaching is that no matter what happens during my life and no matter what wrong things I do, I know in the end that God will make everything right in me when I am put into that lake of fire which will purify all the bad things in me and prepare me for eternal life in His paradise.

That is really good news.

I hope that God has revealed these things to Ray and he is right and I can make myself believe them.

I hope that I have explained this correctly and would welcome any comments.

Ron

Marlene

Re: The good news according to Ray
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2010, 01:08:22 PM »

Hi Ron, I am glad God brought you in here. I want to share with you that , when I was lost in Babylon I never had any peace  with God. I believed that most of the world was going to go to Hell. God, was working on me then.  I was between a rock and a hard place. I had failed God big time I thought. I would ask him to forgive me, but I could not feel any peace that he would.  I was in a spiritual prison. I felt so terrible I wanted to die, but then was afraid to die cause of Hell. That, night I begged God for his truths. I came out to my computer typed in Hell. I read Rays articles for two day with only a couple of hours of sleep. It was God who made me believe what Ray presented here.  

I have to tell you only God can enable you to believe. We cannot make ourselves do anything.

Ron, I would have been one of those who God would have said, get away from me you worker of inquity. Why? Because, I did not know him , I believed that he was like man and could not forgive. I was trying to serve a cruel God. We know, that is useless. No, one could ever please a God like that.
We could never have peace in our life. I know, I could not.

That, night I believed I repented ,that I never knew his character ,and asked him to forgive me for ever thinking  he was the lowest form of a man.

One verse that Ray used in one of his articles that stuck in my head, that night is a small verse but very powerful.

Job: Chapter 4 verse 17  Shall mortal man be more just than God: shall a man be more pure than his maker?

I used this verse for my Mother In Law and she told me it did not make sense to her. I even asked her if one of her children were to bow down to her after there death would she forgive them. She said, Yes, of course. I said, do you think you are above God. Sad thing she still did not get it.

So, Ron only God can open our ears and our blind eyes.  I believe, God brought you in here for a purpose.

I have compassion on you Ron . There is no one who can see on there own. This is where the few and the many come in. The few see it cause they have God's Spirit.

In His Love,
Marlene
« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 01:22:38 PM by Marlene »

Kat

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2010, 01:09:58 PM »

Hi Ron,

You have stated the basics of the truth as I see it to be.

If God's will certainly will prevail in my life, then I have nothing to worry about. If I do wrong then I know that God knew about it in advance and it must have been His will, or I wouldn't have done wrong in the first place.

This statement almost makes it sound like there is no problem whatever you do, good or bad, and that being purified in the Lake of Fire will be no big deal.  It would be much more desirable to be purified now through chastisement to correction, than later in wrath to correction.  

Rev 19:15  And out of His mouth goes a sharp sword, so that with it He should strike the nations. And He will shepherd them with a rod of iron. And He treads the winepress of the wine of the anger and of the wrath of Almighty God.

It is all of God and He causes these desires in us, but it is good to desire to be in the first resurrection, which is the very high calling that so few will even have a chance to receive.

Php 3:13  Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,
Php 3:14  I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

Paul looked on our desire to make it in the first resurrection as a race and worthy of striving for.

Heb 12:1  Therefore since we also are surrounded with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight and the sin which so easily besets us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,
v. 2  looking to Jesus the Author and Finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and sat down at the right of the throne of God.

1Co 9:24  Do you not know that those running in a race all run, but one receives the prize? So run, that you may obtain.
v. 25  And everyone who strives for the mastery is temperate in all things. Then those truly that they may receive a corruptible crown, but we an incorruptible.

And Paul also speaks of what ultimate glory it will be to enter the first resurrection.

1Co 2:9  But as it is written:
       "Eye has not seen, nor ear heard,
       Nor have entered into the heart of man
       The things which God has prepared for those who love Him."

So it's no time to sit back, but rather put on your running shoes  ;D

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Roy Coates

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2010, 01:13:32 PM »

Quote: "If Ray's teaching is true and I believe most in this forum do believe, and I can convince myself that it is the gospel truth, then I have found just what I was looking for."

I believe that Ray does not lie.
I believe that you do not have the power to "convince yourself".
I believe that only God's Spirit can do this for you.
I believe that God's will will absolutely prevail in your life.
Peace
« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 01:15:44 PM by Roy Coates »

Amrhrasach

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2010, 01:15:55 PM »

I am new to this forum, but after having read a lot of Ray's teaching, my understanding is that God is in complete control of everyone's life and destiny and His will will be done in Heaven and on this Earth.

If God's will certainly will prevail in my life, then I have nothing to worry about.

Ron

He is.

You don't.

It is.

;)   :)  ;D

Gary

Samson

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2010, 01:20:45 PM »

If Ray's teaching is true and I believe most in this forum do believe, and I can convince myself that it is the gospel truth, then I have found just what I was looking for.

One of the great things that I have learned from Ray's teaching is that no matter what happens during my life and no matter what wrong things I do, I know in the end that God will make everything right in me when I am put into that lake of fire which will purify all the bad things in me and prepare me for eternal life in His paradise.

I hope that God has revealed these things to Ray and he is right and I can make myself believe them.

Ron

Hi Ron,

Your question above is a common question that gets asked in some form or another consistently throughout the years at this Site. Check out some of the older threads under General Discussions regarding God's Responsibility and Mankinds Accountability, they just had a Thread like that. Also, listen or read Ray's articles on How Hard is it to get Saved and Can We Lose Eonian Life and God's Spirit. Also below in Blue, I copied and pasted an Email of Ray's replying to a Matthew, I didn't copy his question, just Ray's response. Read Below !

Ray Replies]

Dear Matthew:

Hello again. Well I'll tell you one thing for sure: you are at least thinking. Your "P.S." was a good question. If God knows all, and has predetermined all, and "operates ALL according to the counsel of His own will," when why should we "do" or "not do" ANYTHING? I think that is the gist of your question.

There are several reasons for this. I think the main reason is that although we know (or at least those to whom God has opened up this understanding) that "God is operating ALL" for the benefit of his creatures, we still don't know always, when, where, or how He is going to do this.  We don't know what a day will bring.  We MUST rely on God COMPLETELY for all our salvation's. Be it safety in traffic, financial supply, health needs, social intercourse's, etc., etc., etc. We never know from hour to hour or from day to day just what will transpire in our lives. This should DRIVE us to our Heavenly Father. And it does. It works. God knows what he is doing.

People as me WHY do I do what I do?  Why spend all the time and trouble and expense if God is going to save EVERYONE ANYWAY?  I'll tell you why. Because God PUTS IT IN OUR HEARTS to do so.  The Scriptures say that God could raise up stones to do His work. But He doesn't. He uses "the foolishness of preaching" to get His word out.

Maybe an analogy will help. Suppose you had a bad disease and there was only one doctor and one source of medication that could save you from your deadly disease. Even if this doctor agreed to come to your aid, you would STILL do everything in your power to ingratiate yourself with this man, wouldn't you?  Wouldn't you be kind and respectful to him?  Wouldn't you even show a bit of reverence for this man, the only man, who can save you from your disease?  Sure you would. And so it is with God. He is our Saviour and our hope and expectation in EVERYTHING!  The Scriptures say that "in God we live and move and breathe and ARE"!

Now I will pass on another bit of wisdom. The people to whom God has opened up this understanding are delighted that this is the way things really are. They would have it no other way, than that it is GOD and God alone Who determines our every footstep.   However, those who feel this is NOT RIGHT, or they do NOT APPROVE of God operating ALL (EVERYTHING), or feel that man is far superior in his "will" than the Scriptures allow, this people DON'T BELIEVE GOD IS OPERATING ALL IN THE FIRST PLACE!   So they can't find too much fault with this truth, because they don't believe it anyhow.

Talk with you later.

Ray

Hope this Helps, Samson.

daywalker

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2010, 02:40:27 PM »

Hello Ron,

First, all the previous posts leading up to mine are very good ones, which I highly recommend you take the time to meditate on... I just wanted to add this:

Don't expect for everything you've learned to make sense right away. Don't be afraid to ask questions, whether here in the forum, or to God directly. Next month will be my "two-year anniversary" since my discovery of Ray's bibletruths site. Since then I've spent countless hours reading [the bible, Ray's teachings, other books, sites, articles...] and countless hours praying and meditating... and ONLY in the recent few months [3-4] has everything I've learned really begun to sink in... Only lately has my understanding started to elevate. I am beginning to see things that most people don't; usually little things, daily, that sometimes combine to bigger things... and MOST of the things I am now seeing are not things 'out in the world' but things 'within Myself'!!!

As scary as some of these things are to see... I have faith that God is showing me these things, not to discourage me, but rather He's telling me, "See all these enemies of yours. Today you wrestle with them, and lose many battles, but tomorrow you will win the war, and they shall be conquered by you; and you will overcome the world, as I have overcome the world."

Luke 10:19 [CLV] Lo! I have given you authority to be treading upon serpents and scorpions and over the entire power of the enemy, and nothing shall be injuring you under any circumstances.
20 However, in this be not rejoicing, that the spirits are subject to you, yet be rejoicing that your names are engraven in the heavens.

So, I fight daily against the "spiritual forces of darkness in the heavenlies" [Eph 6:12], and often times I get knocked down, and I bleed, and I bruise... but I get back up...

Proverbs 24:16 For the righteous one shall fall seven times and still rise…

rather God lifts me back up...

Jude 1:24 To Him who is able to keep you from falling...

Sometimes I get angry and frustrated and cry out to God for a timeout; sometimes His answer is 'yes', and sometimes 'no'; but I know in the end, this will all be worth it ...God has made me weaker than water, so that I realize that I NEED HIM!

Daywalker  8)

Ron

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2010, 02:42:29 PM »

Hi Ron.  I just want to add a little bit.  The Lord doesn't begin to direct your steps only when you first recognize that He is directing them.  He's always directed your steps.  Knowing this, you can begin to look back over your own life's trials, triumphs, and doldrums and see (as much as flesh and blood can see) the High Wisdom of God at work.  I believe that understanding is as much the 'judgement in this life' that Kat mentioned and Ray teaches from Scripture as anything that happens from this point forward.

The Gospel really IS good news.  It starts and ends on God's manifold power, goodness and Love.  A Lord who can't or doesn't lord, is no lord at all.   It is the goodness of God that leads men to repentance.    

Keep reading, knowing that:

Rom 10:14-17  How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?  And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!  But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?  So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 04:33:19 PM by Dave in Tenn »
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

buckhunter

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2010, 02:04:04 AM »

Hello Ron
        As I meditate on the things I have learned about God this past year, I keep coming to the conclusion that our Father and His Son are a lot more powerful and in more control of things in the creation than I EVER thought. I come from a religious background that said we had "free moral agency" which I now know is not possible. It just amazes me that God is powerful enough to know EVERYTHING about His creation ALL THE TIME. I am also very grateful that all who have ever lived will be saved. Just incredible!

Jim

aqrinc

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2010, 03:33:54 AM »

Ron

Hi Ron,

The Good News, is, The Gospel According To Jesus Christ; related by Ray in this case. Read it and compare with what you knew when still a little child, before what the world calls reality took over and dumped dung all over everything you had. You may have seen this Scripture a few times here already:

Ecc 1:13 (CLV)
I applied my heart to inquiring and exploring by wisdom concerning all that is done under the heavens:it is an experience of evil Elohim has given to the sons of humanity to humble them by it.

That Scripture is True, it also shows that GOD Knew what everyone of us was going to go through and HE Did it anyway, must be necessary, or GOD made a big mistake??????. What do you think ???.

Now here, below, is another Scripture passage, that shows The Religious Leaders knew that Jesus Christ Was Sent From GOD THE FATHER. Also Jesus Explained to him why we (everyone) must be (begotten anew) <-> (born again), before they can see The Kingdom; which The Gospel Is About:

Joh 3:1-3 (CLV)
1 Now there was a man of the Pharisees, Nicodemus his name, a chief of the Jews."
2 This one came to Him by night and said to Him, "Rabbi, we are aware that Thou art a Teacher come from God, for no one can be doing these signs which Thou art doing, if God should not be with Him."

3 Jesus answered and said to him, "Verily, verily, I am saying to you, If anyone should not be begotten anew, he can not perceive the kingdom of God."

Third, Jesus Christ tells us exactly what was being done to reconcile humanity (every human) TO GOD THE FATHER; after this experience of evil has done its perfect work.

Joh 3:16-21 (CLV)
16 For thus God loves the world, so that He gives His only-begotten Son, that everyone who is believing in Him should not be perishing, but may be having life eonian."
17 For God does not dispatch His Son into the world that He should be judging the world, but that the world may be saved through Him."

18 He who is believing in Him is not being judged; yet he who is not believing has been judged already, for he has not believed in the name of the only-begotten Son of God."
19 Now this is the judging: that the light has come into the world, and men love the darkness rather than the light, for their acts were wicked."

20 For everyone who is committing bad things is hating the light and is not coming to the light, lest his acts may be exposed."
21 Now he who is doing the truth is coming to the light that his acts may be made manifest, for they have been wrought in God."

Now to your belief or non-belief; one more series of Scripture twice in the same chapter below:

Joh 6:44-45 (CLV)
44 No one can come to Me if ever the Father Who sends Me should not be drawing him. And I shall be raising him in the last day.

45 It is written in the prophets: And they shall all be taught of God. Everyone, then, who hears from the Father and is learning the truth, is coming to Me."

Joh 6:65 (CLV)
And He said, "Therefore have I declared to you that no one can be coming to Me if it should not be given him of the Father."

Based on those Scriptures, what do you say ???. Time for careful reading and thought on why you are here now.

george :)

Phil3:10

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2010, 03:13:39 PM »

Hello Ron,
What Kathy and all others are saying rings so very true in my life. All is of GOD but as HE calls each of us our greatest joy is to please HIM who is everything. We all will fall very short, but our motivation should be to know HIM better every day and serve HIM out of a pure heart and mind.
It is our love for our LORD which will motivate our life style and HE will accomplish HIS will in each of us.
Praise HIS Holy and Wonderful name.
In HIM,
Phil3:10

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2010, 07:15:09 PM »

If Ray's teaching is true

Hello Ron.

Each one of us have to apply the commandments of God to our lives. No one can do that for us except the Spirit of God. Php 2:13  For it IS God who works in you both to will and to do of His good pleasure.

It is God who gives us all the experience of evil so we can learn by contrast the blessing of His Goodness. He also gives us the experience of goodness so we can learn by contrast with suffering, to appreciate His Blessings.

Before I came to Bible Truths I cried so desperately to God . I even threatened and warned Him that if He did not show up, that I only had one more step to take, no going back and with the last strength I had with nowhere else to go for me, He would lose me into the abyss of no longer believing in His existence. He did not immediately put me into contact with BT but put me deeper into Babylon instead! Only three years later God removed the demonic claws Babylon had lodged into my soul after I was caused by God to be rejected.  Only then did God begin to introduce to me, the Truth at  Bible Truths.

1Co 2:10  But God has revealed them to us by His Spirit; for the Spirit searches all things, yea, the deep things of God.
1Co 2:11  For who among men knows the things of a man except the spirit of man within him? So also no one knows the things of God except the Spirit of God.
:)

It is good that it is by no other Spirit but God's 8) That too is Good News!

Arc
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 20 queries.