bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Speaking naturally and direct  (Read 8183 times)

mharrell08

Speaking naturally and direct
« on: January 14, 2010, 02:35:00 PM »

Excerpts from 'You Fools, You Hypocrites, You Snakes' (http://bible-truths.com/fools.htm):

Jesus spoke the language of the people, the language of the day. He was natural, He was colloquial, He was precise, He was articulate, He was emotional, He was sincere. Jesus spoke EXACTLY AND PRECISELY as He was inside, because it is a Scriptural truth that, "…out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" (Matt. 12:34).

"Cry ALOUD, SPARE NOT, lift up your voice like a TRUMPET, and show my people their transgression, and the house of Jacob their sins" (Isa. 58:1).

Likewise, as a servant of God I cannot expose the evil and hypocrisy in the Church and in this world with a song in my heart, a smile on my face, and a chuckle in my voice! Sorry, but that won’t get the job done. I laugh considerably more than almost anyone I know. But try to palm off the evil and vile doctrines of the Church to God’s "little ones," and my countenance changes instantly!

There is a time for humor and there is a time to get serious. Sarcasm can be serious business. Well did Isaiah prophesy of such:

"Which say to the seers, See not; and to the prophets, Prophesy not unto us right things, speak unto us SMOOTH things, prophesy DECEITS" (Isa. 30:10).

I would rather sound a little angry or sarcastic than to teach smooth and deceitful things. Even Isaiah used colorful language, "speak unto us smooth things." Could this be the origin of "smooth talkers?"

I'm not sure why it is automatically assumed that if one sounds angry there is something wrong with his message. When speaking of immoral and evil things that hurt and deceive people, it behooves us to be ANGRY about such things. Anger does not have to be a sin. God’s anger is mentioned a couple of hundreds times in Scripture. Many of the teachings of the Church are not only evil, but they are stupid and foolish. Sarcasm is often the perfect exposer of stupidity.

GOD DOESN’T CHOOSE PANSIES TO DO HIS WORK

"And as they departed, Jesus began to say unto the multitudes concerning John, ‘What went ye out into the wilderness to see? A reed shaken with the wind? But what went you out for to see? A man clothed in soft raiment [‘a man dressed in silks and satins?’—Williams Translation] behold, they that wear soft clothing [‘Behold they which are gorgeously appareled {dressed}, and live delicately {in luxury}, Luke 7:25], are in kings’ houses" (Matt. 11:7-8).

Is this not a taunting, sarcastic remark? He asked them what spectacle they expected to see out there in the wilderness—a blade of grass swaying in the wind? Some patsy that would be blown away by the softest summer breeze? Jesus was asking these religious sophisticates whether they thought a real man of God would look like some prim and prissy, prudish, punctilious, polished, patrician of the kings court? Is THAT what kind of a man you went out to see? Someone who would never get his fingernails dirty?

The religious leaders were offended by the rough presence of John the Baptist. But what is the Truth? What kind of a man was this John the Baptizer who was

"…clothed with camel’s hair, and with girdle of a skin about his loins; and he did eat locusts and wild honey" (Mark 1:6)?

Here’s the Truth:

"For I say unto you, Among those that are born of women there is not a greater prophet than John the Baptist…" (Luke 7:28).

Speaking naturally and direct is one speaking directly from their heart. Though one may not like the way they 'heard' the message, the message itself is of utmost importance.

Some may point out: "But this is Jesus speaking to the Pharisees...we're all brothers & sisters here on the forum!" No, we're not...those who are doing the will of the Father, those are the true brothers & sisters in the Lord [Matt 12:50, Mark 3:35].

Not everyone who joins this forum is looking to do the will of God. I've heard the many reasons why not: 'He/She is not at that level of understanding' or 'He/She is still young in age' (though not too young to be stubborn to the truth, I might add), or 'This is where God has me at now' (and so does Satan, 1 Pet 5:8 ).

The newbies and minors in understanding, who are genuinely seeking the will of God, continue to grow as God is calling them. They seek sound counsel and follow through with the wisdom provided. They READ RAY TEACHINGS on the scriptures...and even if they may not 'get it' all yet, they continue to seek assistance in their growth. It is not about a speed race, as to learn quickly to 'catch up', but rather gaining an understanding to change their life.

For others, it is more self-serving. They do not heed to counsel given and plainly ignore others. They always have time to post and read 'other' material or listen to what so and so says about the scriptures...but never of Ray's material. Which is the express purpose of this forum...how it differentiates between other traditional 'Christian forums'. They are not seeking a change in their life but are simply 'religious hobbyists'. Is this their final state? No, but there's nothing wrong with calling a spade a spade.

For either case, speaking naturally and direct is simply getting to the heart of the matter. Are we here to learn about God, to do His Will, to learn of His Holy character? Or, are we here for something else? To speak this way is not meant to harm but rather a 'let's get to the meat of this issue' mindset. Hope this helps for future reference.

This is not meant to be malicious or 'scare anyone from posting'...this is simply direct from me ["…out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matt 12:34] as all my posts are, thank you.

Marques

daywalker

Re: Speaking naturally and direct
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2010, 02:52:38 PM »

I concur.

Thank you Marques!  ;) ;D

Kat

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2010, 04:29:27 PM »

1Co 12:12  For as the body is one and has many members, but all the members of that one body, being many, are one body, so also is Christ.
v. 13  For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body--whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free--and have all been made to drink into[3] one Spirit.
v. 14  For in fact the body is not one member but many.
v. 15  If the foot should say, "Because I am not a hand, I am not of the body," is it therefore not of the body?
v. 16  And if the ear should say, "Because I am not an eye, I am not of the body," is it therefore not of the body?
v. 17  If the whole body were an eye, where would be the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where would be the smelling?
v. 18  But now God has set the members, each one of them, in the body just as He pleased.
v. 19  And if they were all one member, where would the body be?
v. 20  But now indeed there are many members, yet one body.
v. 21  And the eye cannot say to the hand, "I have no need of you"; nor again the head to the feet, "I have no need of you."
v. 22  No, much rather, those members of the body which seem to be weaker are necessary.
v. 23  And those members of the body which we think to be less honorable, on these we bestow greater honor; and our unpresentable parts have greater modesty,
v. 24  but our presentable parts have no need. But God composed the body, having given greater honor to that part which lacks it,
v. 25  that there should be no schism in the body, but that the members should have the same care for one another.
v. 26  And if one member suffers, all the members suffer with it; or if one member is honored, all the members rejoice with it.
v. 27  Now you are the body of Christ, and members individually.
v. 28  And God has appointed these in the church: first apostles, second prophets, third teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, administrations, varieties of tongues.
v. 29  Are all apostles? Are all prophets? Are all teachers? Are all workers of miracles?
v. 30  Do all have gifts of healings? Do all speak with tongues? Do all interpret?
v. 31  But earnestly desire the best gifts. And yet I show you a more excellent way.

We all have our different roles here, you my dear brother are a protector of the forum in your own way.  I am thankful to have someone as yourself, that is very strong in the truth that God has given through Bible Truths, to be here and speak from the heart to help us gain understanding.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Ninny

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2010, 05:39:42 PM »

Excuse me, John, but the women on this forum respect our men here very much and just because we may not agree on every single thing doesn't mean we don't love and respect them!! Don't insult our intelligence! Our men here are strong and wonderful and we do not resent them at all!! Now if I have misunderstood you, I am sorry!
 With all respect to you,
Kathy  :)

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2010, 05:44:41 PM »

Here is some thing else that follows off your excellent observations regarding how we are to know Christ as expounded in the teaching we have from Ray.

Rev 12:7  And there was war in Heaven. Michael and his angels warring against the dragon. And the dragon and his angels warred,
Rev 12:8  but did not prevail. Nor was place found for them in Heaven any more.

I have looked at the words and see : placeG5117 G5117
τόπος
topos
top'-os
Apparently a primary word; a spot (generally in space, but limited by occupancy; whereas G5561 is a larger but particular locality), that is, location (as a position, home, tract, etc.); figuratively condition, opportunity; specifically a scabbard: - coast, licence, place, X plain, quarter, + rock, room, where.
This is the I KNOW YOU NOT nature of our Lord Jesus Christ into Whose Image we are being made by God!

Luk 13:27  But He shall say, I tell you, I do not know you; from where you are. Depart from Me,  all workers of unrighteousness!

Rev 12:9  And the great dragon was cast out, the old serpent called Devil, and Satan, who deceives the whole world. He was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
Rev 12:10  And I heard a great voice saying in Heaven, Now has come the salvation and power and the kingdom of our God, and the authority of His Christ. For the accuser of our brothers is cast down, who accused them before our God day and night.
Rev 12:11  And they overcame him because of the blood of the Lamb, and because of the word of their testimony.

I have noticed  serpent,G3789 G3789
ὄφις
ophis
of'-is
Probably from G3700 (through the idea of sharpness of vision); a snake, figuratively (as a type of sly cunning) an artful malicious person, especially Satan: - serpent
ARTFULLY MALICIOUS – hateful, spiteful, malevolent, mean, nasty, cruel, wicked- PERSON

And dragonG1404G1404
δράκων
drakōn
drak'-own
Probably from an alternate form of δέρκομαι derkomai (to look); a fabulous kind of serpent (perhaps as supposed to fascinate): - dragon.
TO FASCINATE – charm, attract, enthrall, mesmerize, captivate, absorb, intrigue, appeal, beguile, allure, entice, put under a spell -

The Scriptures show us that both Michael and the Devil have angels. angelsG32G32
ἄγγελος
aggelos
ang'-el-os
•   From ἀγγέλλω aggellō (probably derived from G71; compare G34; to bring tidings); a messenger; especially an “angel”; by implication a pastor: - angel, messenger.

A PASTOR! – minister, member of the clergy, preacher, cleric, prophet, nun, monk, holy man or woman (as perceived by the world!.....
The Pastor from God is a courier, envoy and herald of God’s Word as is Ray Smith.

We have just had a thread in the Forum about prophecy that is no accident.

We have to discern the difference between the prophet that will fascinate and charm and who works together as the artfully malicious person. The wolf in the sheep’s clothing.

Rev 18:21  And one strong angel took up a stone like a great millstone and threw it into the sea, saying, So on an impulse the great city, Babylon, will be thrown down and not at all will be found any more.

Will be found no more, has to occur in my heaven…my mind…my being that God causes me to experience the endeavor enterprise, venture, undertaking, effort and attempt,  to KEEP the unity of peace with the Spirit, Mind and Heart of Christ.
 Eph 4:3  endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.
EndeavouringG4704 From G4710; to use speed, that is, to make effort, be prompt or earnest: - do (give) diligence, be diligent (forward), endeavour, labour, study.

to keepG5083 G5083
τηρέω
tēreō
tay-reh'-o
From τηρός teros (a watch; perhaps akin to G2334); to guard (from loss or injury, properly by keeping the eye upon; and thus differing from G5442, which is properly to prevent escaping; and from G2892, which implies a fortress or full military lines of apparatus), that is, to note (a prophecy; figuratively to fulfil a command); by implication to detain (in custody; figuratively to maintain); by extension to withhold (for personal ends; figuratively to keep unmarried): - hold fast, keep (-er), (ob-, pre-, re) serve, watch.

That is HOLD FAST to what we have been taught!

God causes us to do as His Word commands. So we are taught, inspired and encouraged  by the example of His Son Jesus Christ,  to do the same.   :)

Arc

Roy Martin

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2010, 07:00:45 PM »

Excellent timing Marques for this thread. Its always good to be reminded of things, or bring something good to the table to dwell on.

Roy

Marlene

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2010, 07:42:09 PM »

Arc, I have to say Amen to hold fast to what we have been taught!

I have never found anything like what Ray is teaching that has given my mind peace. While lost in Babylon, I never had any peace. I have the peace of God now, I know it. His Spirit showed me this.  I want any of my Brothers or Sisters in Christ to show me if I am off course. That, is love just like correction from God.

In His Love,
Marlene

Joel

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2010, 08:58:39 PM »

Jesus Christ was the expressed image of the Father, THE Word of God. only doing and speaking what the father showed Him. Going about doing good. What a world this would be if that could be said of the rest of the Fathers sons, and daughters.
 I myself long for that very day. 
  When I came to Ray's site what impressed me was the way he layed the scriptures out so all can see and have no doubts as to what he is saying about whatever subject is being discussed.
                                                     Joel

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2010, 10:55:33 PM »

We all need help when we go off course Marlene. Gentle as a Dove encouragement or correction with edification if we become stubbornly head strong.

I notice with Ray, he responds to his email audience with fire and veracity if they present argumentative challenges or if they embark on vain babblings that defy the Sovereignty of God. To those who are seeking to understand and to better know God, he is kind, attentive and assuring. Either way, the fire still comes through either to warm or to burn off stubble of futile assumptions. Both kinds of children benifit.

1Ti 3:4  ruling his own house well, having children in subjection with all honor.  :)

Arc

arion

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2010, 12:15:23 AM »

The newbies and minors in understanding, who are genuinely seeking the will of God, continue to grow as God is calling them. They seek sound counsel and follow through with the wisdom provided. They READ RAY TEACHINGS on the scriptures...and even if they may not 'get it' all yet, they continue to seek assistance in their growth. It is not about a speed race, as to learn quickly to 'catch up', but rather gaining an understanding to change their life.

This is precisely the reason why I read a lot more than I post.  I am about three years old in the teachings on the forum even though I am 47 years old and served on the staff of a mega church of 5000 members for over 5 years.  I have to relearn a lot of things and discard a lot of faulty teaching and it doesn't come overnight.  I can emphasize with those who have a lot of questions.  Heck, I have have a lot of questions too.  But Ray can't cover everything and there is probably a lot of meat that I can't digest yet but we are all on God's perfect timetable.  I think the new folk and myself as well need to be reminded about the caution that is given to us before we apply for membership here;

THE IMPORTANT STUFF:

This forum and how it is moderated, is different than most all religious based forums on the internet so please read carefully.

If you are considering joining this forum before reading and studying  www.bible-truths.com, please reconsider.
It would be beneficial to all involved if you take the time to familiarize yourself with the teaching of L.Ray Smith first.

This is not the place to decide if you agree with the teaching of L.Ray Smith, but a place you can retreat to when you do.

This forum is primarily a place for people of a like mind to fellowship, and secondarily to discuss and question what they learn on bible-truths.com.

If you seriously disagree with Ray, please email him directly.

If you come here to teach us, please take your teaching elsewhere.

THIS FORUM IS NOT TO BE USED TO DEBATE RELIGIOUS TOPICS

Please do not make sport of persons who email Ray. Leave any criticism of the individual to Ray.

No preaching (including preaching via links).
Links are not allowed if a site or article brings its own teaching or preaching.  Links are allowed if a site it just for fun or informational, ie, you tube, google translator, Esword, etc.

No using this forum as a recruiting ground to other forums, by pm's or public posting.

No inappropriate language or profanity allowed.

No name-calling.

This forum is moderated, if you feel you cannot accept the bounds of a limited forum then don’t join.  The moderators do not have the time to explain every decision to you on why a post was deleted, so don’t expect it.

The moderators will generally try to remove posts before banning a member, don’t take it personally.  If you see your posts being removed then perhaps you should review what you are writing to make sure is goes along with the forum rules.  If you are asked to let a subject drop, or a particular subject is off limits then please abide by what the moderators ask.  Don’t necessarily expect a reason for the request, many things go on behind the scenes of the forum and the moderators are doing what they feel is best.

If you have a problem with a moderator, the way the forum is managed, or another user of the forum then address this through private mails.  Publicly airing your grievances could be grounds for banishment, and will get your post deleted.

Learn to use the private mail function.  If you don't know how then ask.

I think perhaps the most important advise is this one;

If you are considering joining this forum before reading and studying  www.bible-truths.com, please reconsider.   It would be beneficial to all involved if you take the time to familiarize yourself with the teaching of L.Ray Smith first.

Many of the questions are things that Ray has covered time and time again.  Not that we don't forget some of these things Ray has taught on occasionally as I know that I do.  Sometimes I know I read something somewhere but I don't know where to find it in the teachings.  Ray has provided a lifetime of teaching in his articles that we really don't need to go into areas too much that have not yet been covered.  IMO
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 12:16:39 AM by Arion »

Roy Martin

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2010, 01:14:01 PM »

I'm not sure if I'm getting off topic but when I first read Rays teachings I almost had to be tied to my chair to keep from falling out of it.I mean that in a good way. It was awesome to say the least. Then I came here and signed up immediately and started posting right away. This was it, this became my new church family. I stuck my foot in my mouth several times, and still do. I probably seldom say anything that edifies, but I say what is on my mind and heart with no fear of having to take my shoe out of my mouth.Most of the things I post are based on what I have learned in Rays teachings and the forum, but here on the forum in many of my post and other peoples post or replies to my post have humbled me, corrected my thinking, pointed out my carnal thinking, made me look at myself daily for correction. Even when a wolf comes into the flock, it has something to offer in the way of keeping me on my toes. Someone here let me know they thought we are a cult. It offended me at first but W/O giving details of it I'll just say it ended up humbling me in several ways, and that person is still here seeking understanding and truth. I was in error for judging this person instead of myself of which I did later.
 Its when I have expectations of someone that I get hurt, offended, disappointed,etc. People have their reasons and motives for their questions and statements. I see it all the time how almost every post or thread inspires another one, opening more doors that brings me to a better level of understanding, to see something I didn't see before.
 Kats above post about the body fits perfectly following Marques post. I see Marques with his tough love, and somewhat firmness, and Craig with his Barney Fife avatar, disposition and insight, always has his hand on his gun with his one bullet in his pocket ready to load. Kat with her kindness and simple approach and explanations.I could go on with all the mod squad character and dispositions, and then we have the members with all of their characters. Everyone has their way of dealing with issues and people. So when a wolf comes into the flock then its my guess that God sent it for many reasons. Not to lead us astray, but to teach us. At any time God can turn that wolf into a sheep right here on this forum. When the wolf comes it sees kind words, harsh words, understanding words, etc. In other words it gets a taste of everything before it leaves. To me this is how the body works together. We have to have tough love, kind love, honesty, and sometimes straight forward attack. Many of us make mistakes in the things we say. Sometimes we are thinking and answering or commenting on a carnal level, but I think that most of us learn from it and are humbled by it. To me, the forum is Gods training ground. This is where Rays teachings become applications in our day to day life in dieing to live spiritually.Of course we have our personal lives in the world that we deal with each day just as we do here on the forum.
 I still consider myself to be a newbie full of nonsense with more than plenty of room to grow. Its Gods intention for me to be here, so having said that; there is nothing anyone can say to me that can make me leave, unless God intends for me to leave.
 My post is in agreement with Marques, and its also in agreement with Kat. Both say that we can't have one without the other.

Peace
Roy

I respect and value each and everyone here with all their characters and ways of the body. Each part functioning as it should be.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 01:31:22 PM by Roy Martin »

daywalker

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2010, 01:55:59 PM »

Hey Roy,

Just wanted to say I enjoyed your post. Thanks for sharing  :D

Daywalker  8)

I'm not sure if I'm getting off topic but when I first read Rays teachings I almost had to be tied to my chair to keep from falling out of it.I mean that in a good way. It was awesome to say the least. Then I came here and signed up immediately and started posting right away. This was it, this became my new church family. I stuck my foot in my mouth several times, and still do. I probably seldom say anything that edifies, but I say what is on my mind and heart with no fear of having to take my shoe out of my mouth.Most of the things I post are based on what I have learned in Rays teachings and the forum, but here on the forum in many of my post and other peoples post or replies to my post have humbled me, corrected my thinking, pointed out my carnal thinking, made me look at myself daily for correction. Even when a wolf comes into the flock, it has something to offer in the way of keeping me on my toes. Someone here let me know they thought we are a cult. It offended me at first but W/O giving details of it I'll just say it ended up humbling me in several ways, and that person is still here seeking understanding and truth. I was in error for judging this person instead of myself of which I did later.
 Its when I have expectations of someone that I get hurt, offended, disappointed,etc. People have their reasons and motives for their questions and statements. I see it all the time how almost every post or thread inspires another one, opening more doors that brings me to a better level of understanding, to see something I didn't see before.
 Kats above post about the body fits perfectly following Marques post. I see Marques with his tough love, and somewhat firmness, and Craig with his Barney Fife avatar, disposition and insight, always has his hand on his gun with his one bullet in his pocket ready to load. Kat with her kindness and simple approach and explanations.I could go on with all the mod squad character and dispositions, and then we have the members with all of their characters. Everyone has their way of dealing with issues and people. So when a wolf comes into the flock then its my guess that God sent it for many reasons. Not to lead us astray, but to teach us. At any time God can turn that wolf into a sheep right here on this forum. When the wolf comes it sees kind words, harsh words, understanding words, etc. In other words it gets a taste of everything before it leaves. To me this is how the body works together. We have to have tough love, kind love, honesty, and sometimes straight forward attack. Many of us make mistakes in the things we say. Sometimes we are thinking and answering or commenting on a carnal level, but I think that most of us learn from it and are humbled by it. To me, the forum is Gods training ground. This is where Rays teachings become applications in our day to day life in dieing to live spiritually.Of course we have our personal lives in the world that we deal with each day just as we do here on the forum.
 I still consider myself to be a newbie full of nonsense with more than plenty of room to grow. Its Gods intention for me to be here, so having said that; there is nothing anyone can say to me that can make me leave, unless God intends for me to leave.
 My post is in agreement with Marques, and its also in agreement with Kat. Both say that we can't have one without the other.

Peace
Roy

I respect and value each and everyone here with all their characters and ways of the body. Each part functioning as it should be.

emkayfey

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2010, 03:00:27 PM »

How about a pre forum test on bibletruths.com before new members are accepted? ;D

Really, I concur with Marques.

Samson

« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2010, 10:20:30 AM »

How about a pre forum test on bibletruths.com before new members are accepted? ;D

Hi Emakay,

My friend John Popovich and I have actually discussed that very thing, regarding some sort of way to determine if someone, at least understood the basics, before being allowed to Post. I don't know how that could be implemented, however, the Forum rules regarding those that don't agree with some particular teaching or point from Ray are quite clear. Nobody can tell someone what to believe or agree with, but there's a procedure to follow. Some might claim that Ray isn't answering many Emails, so what's the point, Well, instead you can PM a Moderator to assist you and sometimes they can get in touch with Ray or help find your answer, if your sincerely looking for one.

Actually, if I didn't agree with the Truths presented at this Forum by Ray, my attitude would be to leave, it wouldn't make sense for me to stay. This is not to say that I fully understand everything taught by Ray, aside from the basics, but I have no doubt that God led me here and I hope to continue to maintain the desire and enthusiasm to remain.

Kind Regards, Samson.

mharrell08

« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2010, 12:01:36 PM »

Hi Emakay,

My friend John Popovich and I have actually discussed that very thing, regarding some sort of way to determine if someone, at least understood the basics, before being allowed to Post. I don't know how that could be implemented, however, the Forum rules regarding those that don't agree with some particular teaching or point from Ray are quite clear. Nobody can tell someone what to believe or agree with, but there's a procedure to follow. Some might claim that Ray isn't answering many Emails, so what's the point, Well, instead you can PM a Moderator to assist you and sometimes they can get in touch with Ray or help find your answer, if your sincerely looking for one.

Actually, if I didn't agree with the Truths presented at this Forum by Ray, my attitude would be to leave, it wouldn't make sense for me to stay. This is not to say that I fully understand everything taught by Ray, aside from the basics, but I have no doubt that God led me here and I hope to continue to maintain the desire and enthusiasm to remain.

Kind Regards, Samson.

Actually, I think the questions that Craig poses for potential new members are well enough. Though I do believe that new members should be aware that those who join are expected to be familiar with Ray's teachings and in some agreement.

We all have different levels of understanding and I don't see any problems in that. What I myself am leery of, are members who are continually stubborn to the Truth or members who like to 'speculate religious doctrine' rather than seeking the Truth as part of changing their life. These kinds of attitudes can corrupt sound minds in the Truth.

1 Cor 15:33  ...evil communications corrupt good manners

Just my thoughts,

Marques

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2010, 03:53:23 PM »

God’ Spirit is leading us all into understanding and knowing Him, here in the Forum. We all begin somewhere. Some of us are veteran students of God’s Word while others who have been in the Forum for many years, may still be quite new in their comprehensive insight into the ways and purposes of God. What I am saying is that the time in the Forum or the number of posts a member has, in no ways denotes the wisdom he or she has been given by Gods Spirit. We are all here to eat His Word and drink the refreshing purity of His Spirit of Truth expounded for us by our Teacher Ray.

Veteran students of Gods Truth and Rays teachings may still not have joined the Forum but are watching~ they and we all have the privilege to serve  new members and old, one another as we grow in this family of likeminded faith in the Truth as we share answers to questions presented to us from a myriad of levels and perspectives. We don’t need to have our own web sites. We don’t need to have emails coming at us with the thousands of questions that Ray gets aimed towards him. We have the Forum. We have one another. We have a selection of discussions in which to provide answers as we are guided to assist and benefit this family.  Our doing so serves everyone by giving to new members and old, reminders of the ever fresh Truth that we so easily forget and have to remember over and over again.

Mar 10:45  For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life as a ransom for many.
Mat 23:11  But he who is greatest among you shall be your servant.

Arc
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 23 queries.