bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: growing pains  (Read 3276 times)

lauriellen

growing pains
« on: January 14, 2010, 05:15:27 PM »

Psa 139:15  Nothing about me is hidden from you! I was secretly woven together deep in the earth below,
Psa 139:16  but with your own eyes you saw my body being formed. Even before I was born, you had written in your book everything I would do.
(contemporary english version)

I don't know why i am having such difficulty with this truth....i absolutely KNOW that i KNOW that this is true, and yet it is like trying to swallow a watermelon...it just won't hardly go down....why does my flesh resist this so?
there are days when i whine to God "its not fair, its not fair".....but, do i really think i could run this universe better than God? NOT!...i know i'm just being a big baby about this, and what i really need to learn to do is SUBMIT!.........
...URGGH!!! growing pains......just venting....
lauriellen

Amrhrasach

Re: growing pains
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2010, 06:46:42 PM »

Lauriellen here’s to wishing I could spout out a really clever……something……that could help.
I don’t have one.    What I offer to you is something you’ve seen stated by others many times before, this:  God is sovereign.  Period.   Not only do you NOT want it any other way, it isn’t any other way.  To be sure, you WILL believe on his sovereignty at the precise moment he gives you….as a gift…. the capacity to do so.   He will finish the work he has started.  You can count on it.   

You trust Ray, so trust Ray again:

Dear Whirlwind:

You are not understanding this subject and the principle behind it. You ask: "Is it man making the choices or is it God's predestination of things?"  It is BOTH.  Listen:  God is SOVEREIGN! Man therefore has NO FREE WILL OR NO FREE CHOICE.  That's it. That's all there is to it.  That IS the principle. That IS the Truth.  That IS what the Bible teaches. …….

I guess I could just keep writing and writing and writing and one day someone will say................OHHHHHH, now I get it.  Maybe today is your day. I'm pulling for ya!!!

God be with you,

Ray

http://www.forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,2354.0.html

Gary

lauriellen

Re: growing pains
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2010, 07:34:16 PM »

thank you gary....i guess it is just difficult to let the flesh die without a struggle....it is our nature to cling to the flesh with our last gasping breath...we (or mayble i) would like to think that just maybe we might have just a tiny bit of control, BUT, NOT SO!....i know i just have to let it go, let that need die (that need to feel in control)....but still is a painful thing........i know that the beast within me is being overcome, little by little, by Gods design.....aaawwwwwwww (deep breath)....i feel better already ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 17 queries.