bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: As a young girl  (Read 3717 times)

loveroftruth

As a young girl
« on: January 15, 2010, 11:31:09 PM »

I remember as if it was yesterday. I went to a Baptist bible study at 7 years old. I went for the cookies. But something happened inside me. I became hungry to know God. I was determined to know him regardless so I started a daily ritual of sitting on the sofa in front of a huge window with curtains opened. So what did I do every day..I smiled and looked up into the sky. I really believed God smiled back. So every day I had smiling meetings with God. As a gift from our bible study teacher all of the kids received small pocket size red NT. I treasured mine and would sneak away to try and read it all by myself.  This was my first introduction to God. I am sharing my story in hopes of hearing the moment when you became aware and hungry to know the Lord.

frecklegirl417

Re: As a young girl
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2010, 11:37:14 PM »

Loveroftruth,

It is hard to say when the love our Father came apparent to me. It wasn't just one moment but I knew I was missing some part of me and all my life I kept looking. I found him when I got my eyes and ears opened by the wise and generous people here at Bt and my wonderful husband Samson. The people here are great. I have missed telling them that but for some reason I know they know how much they all truly mean to me. For me to say what moment I found myself hunger for more truth would take a novel of pages.

Marlene

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2010, 12:10:09 AM »

Love of Truth,  I can say at age 4 , I knew there was a God. At Age, 5 I told a lie. My parents found it out.  I really don't know why I lied about it because there was no need to. Nothing, to hide. I knew, then  that I was a sinner. We had a large Bible that set on my Mothers Coffee table. Before, I could read I would look at the pictures. We never went to church much untill a littler latter. But, we had many trials in our family. So, my parents never went much.
I used God as my best friend. I always thought he loved and protected me. When, I was 12 I asked God why did I always repent but nothing ever changed much in my life. It never lasted.Then, life began and I began to sin more. God, brought me to my knees and told me to come back to him when I was 25. I repented of my sins he showed me at that time, at home in my apartment the first year of my marriage. That, day I begged him to never let me go. My Husband and I then entered a church and was there until about two years ago. God has been faithful to me even when I have not been to him.

I began to question all of the different religous believes and all the different demoniations and I had what could have been a deadly experience. I thought, I had failed God and desearved to go to hell. I began to wish I could die from the thoughts of hell and then afraid to die. I was in a spiritual prison.  God choose to teach me his truths when I was 53.  I am 55 now. It is an amazing journey. The night God set me free from my Spiritual Prison I begged him again. I said, God I do not believe I have all your truths . That night I typed in Hell and Ray Smiths website came up. I read for a year and then joined. But, even then I did not know what many of the younger ones understood. But, now I repent and I see him working in me. I keep repenting and I wait now on him to show me his truths. I have been blessed here by many of the Brothers and Sisters that have helped me and guided me with what God has given them.
This journey is a life time of experiences and will continue as God helps me to endure till the end. I never, saw what all my past meant until I had been through it and looked back on my life. Every time I begged God, he gave me what I needed.  He caused me to beg him. I know, this is truth . I have to say it helps you discern false teachers, since he has showed me many of his truths I can see them. If, I feel my peace leave, I know it is not the truth. I might, add while lost in Babylon, I had no peace. I do not see how anyone can believe in hell and have peace with God.
Welcome to the forum! So, happy to have you to share with us.

In His Love,
Marlene

Welcome to the forum!

Linny

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2010, 12:55:28 AM »

I was not a young girl. I grew up in a B-O-R-I-N-G church and spent the time goofing off and finding something to do besides listening to the (yawn) message.
When I was in my late 20's and completely ignoring God, I made a really bad, immoral, stupid decision to get involved in a relationship I had no business being in. When it ended, I knew I was in for a horrible, painful, time.
I cried out to God and I awoke the next morning completely free of emotional pain and heartache.

That is when I wanted to know this God I'd always heard of but never really seen who came in and rescued me.

I have never been the same and this ride has been fantastic!
Blessings, Lin

Lupac

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2010, 01:48:55 AM »

When I was, a young boy, my father, took me into the city, to see a marching band...

LiberatedEagle

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2010, 02:43:49 AM »

Welcome to the forum loveroftruth,

When I was about 13 or 14 I was looking at a christian artist on t.v. and she was singing a song called "you are the desire of my heart". Tears rolled down my eyes and I begin to cry to God reiterating that He was the desire of my heart. Of course He knew that because He placed the desire in my heart and He shall finish what He started. Amen.

9440geoff

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2010, 07:06:57 PM »

Despite going to Sunday-school when I was seven, I never knew there was a spiritual part of me until I had an out of body experience when I was sixteen and thought I was going to die in a motorcycle accident. However, I was thirty-nine when God first revealed Himself to me in a tangible way and I could genuinely say 'Jesus is my Saviour'.  Now, looking back, I know that there have been many times when God has saved me from death, and many times when He has carried me through various trials. Now I just need to learn to die to self.

Geoff

Lupac

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2010, 07:20:23 PM »

I don't know how I came to "know God". I can't say I know from for sure now. If it wasn't for Jesus, well, I don't think I could believe in a god who is interested in humans at all if it was for Jesus. (I could never be an atheist, because it's the most illogical thing, to me, that you can believe.) Anyway, I believe in God, and Jesus, and I have a tiny bit of faith and hope. (And endless amounts of contradicting papers (Not Ray's.) on the internet.

Silvia Martin

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2010, 09:57:16 PM »

Welcome to the forum,
As far back as I can remember I knew God. I pretended he was my REAL father, that he loved me and cared for me. It still amazes me,that I thought him loving and caring, because I grew up catholic in Germany. The churches have nothing but death and demonic "art" in them. When I got to America I tried several different denominations,until I came to Ray's site. All the things that never quite made sense to me became clear instantly. It's like the truth was there (in my heart) all along .

God bless,

Silvia
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 20 queries.