bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What happens next?  (Read 4703 times)

Lupac

What happens next?
« on: January 18, 2010, 10:40:12 PM »

I figured I'd take a break from the constant worry and fear my mind goes through, to discuss something else. I understand that the overcome-ers will reign with Christ, while the rest will have to wait to be judged. My question is, what happens after that? Does the Bible give any indication as to what will happen once God is "all in all"? (1 Cor. 15:28) Mainstream Christendom seems to think we will enter the realm of "eternity", which is scriptural, as it seems to imply we go into a unchanging and undoing state. Like we're in stasis or something. So, what do you think?
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 10:44:27 PM by Lupac »

jerreye

Re: What happens next?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2010, 11:12:13 PM »

I believe the furthest the scripture goes in time is 1 Cor 15:28 where God becomes "all in all", after death is abolished.

Samson

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2010, 11:17:06 PM »

Lupac,

Remember one thing, the order of events in God's timetable, regarding what he's made us aware of for the Future actually ends at 1Cor. Chapter 15 where it says " God is All in All " or as some translations put it: " God is Everything in Everything. " That of course includes Satan and all of this is the consummation of the Ages, as we know. Some have erroneously concluded that the Book of Revelation lists the end of all Scriptural events, but 1 Cor. chapter fifteen, in the sequence of events is last. Beyond that, I will not venture to speculate, as that can lead to futile debates. I remember, as a former JW, people stumbling over things involving speculations on whats going to happen beyond what we clearly know.

It would be better to build ones Faith now, in what we already know and petition God to help us overcome any stumbling blocks we currently have. I'm sure you understand what I mean.

Kind Regards, Samson.

Lupac

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2010, 11:21:23 PM »

Oh yeah. I was just curious to see what you all thought. Obviously, with no scripture, all we can do is speculate, and that's why I made this topic. To speculate.  ;D

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2010, 01:23:24 AM »

Oh yeah. I was just curious to see what you all thought. Obviously, with no scripture, all we can do is speculate, and that's why I made this topic. To speculate.  ;D

and with that, I'll close it.  That's not what we're here for. 
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 22 queries.