bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: John Hopkins Study on Cancer  (Read 10349 times)

Samson

John Hopkins Study on Cancer
« on: January 19, 2010, 10:49:29 AM »

Hi Forum,

Thought this was an interesting Study on cancer, my Dad emailed me this. See Below.

Cancer Update from Johns Hopkins :

1. Every person has cancer cells in the body. These cancer cells do not show up in the standard tests until they have multiplied to a few billion. When doctors tell cancer patients that there are no more cancer cells in their bodies after treatment, it just means the tests are unable to detect the cancer cells because they have not reached the detectable size.

2. Cancer cells occur between 6 to more than 10 times in a person's lifetime.

3. When the person's immune system is strong the cancer cells will be destroyed and prevented from multiplying and forming tumors.

4. When a person has cancer it indicates the person has multiple nutritional deficiencies. These could be due to genetic, environmental, food and lifestyle factors.

5. To overcome the multiple nutritional deficiencies, changing diet and including supplements will strengthen the immune system.

6. Chemotherapy involves poisoning the rapidly-growing cancer cells and also destroys rapidly-growing healthy cells in the bone marrow, gastrointestinal tract etc, and can cause organ damage, like liver, kidneys, heart, lungs etc.

7. Radiation while destroying cancer cells also burns, scars and damages healthy cells, tissues and organs.

8. Initial treatment with chemotherapy and radiation will often reduce tumor size. However prolonged use
of chemotherapy and radiation do not result in more tumor destruction.

9. When the body has too much toxic burden from chemotherapy and radiation the immune system is either compromised or destroyed, hence the person can succumb to various kinds of infections and complications.

10. Chemotherapy and radiation can cause cancer cells to mutate and become resistant and difficult to destroy. Surgery can also cause cancer cells to spread to other sites.

11. An effective way to battle cancer is to starve the cancer cells by not feeding it with the foods it needs to multiply.

CANCER CELLS FEED ON:

a. Sugar is a cancer-feeder. By cutting off sugar it cuts off one important food supply to the cancer cells. Sugar substitutes like NutraSweet, Equal, Spoonful, etc. are made with Aspartame and it is harmful. A better natural substitute would be Manuka honey or molasses but only in very small amounts. Table salt has a chemical added to make it white in color. Better alternative is Bragg's aminos or sea salt.

b. Milk causes the body to produce mucus, especially in the gastro-intestinal tract. Cancer feeds on mucus. By cutting off milk and substituting with unsweetened soy milk cancer cells are being starved.

c. Cancer cells thrive in an acid environment. A meat-based diet is acidic and it is best to eat fish, and a little chicken rather than beef or pork. Meat also contains livestock antibiotics, growth hormones and parasites, which are all harmful, especially to people with cancer.

d. A diet made of 80% fresh vegetables and juice, whole grains, seeds, nuts and a little fruits help put the body into an alkaline environment. About 20% can be from cooked food including beans. Fresh vegetable juices provide live enzymes that are easily absorbed and reach down to cellular levels within 15 minutes to nourish and enhance growth of healthy cells. To obtain live enzymes for building healthy cells try and drink fresh vegetable juice (most vegetables including bean sprouts) and eat some raw vegetables 2 or 3 times a day. Enzymes are destroyed at temperatures of 104 degrees F (40 degrees C).

e. Avoid coffee, tea, and chocolate, which have high caffeine. Green tea is a better alternative and has cancer fighting properties. Water - best to drink purified water, or filtered, to avoid known toxins and heavy metals in tap water. Distilled water is acidic, avoid it.
12. Meat protein is difficult to digest and requires a lot of digestive enzymes. Undigested meat remaining in the intestines becomes purified and leads to more toxic build-up.

13. Cancer cell walls have a tough protein covering. By refraining from or eating less meat it frees more enzymes to attack the protein walls of cancer cells and allows the body's killer cells to destroy the cancer cells.

14. Some supplements build up the immune system (IP6, Flor-ssence, Essiac, anti-oxidants, vitamins, minerals, EFAs etc.) to enable the body's own killer cells to destroy cancer cells. Other supplements like vitamin E are known to cause apoptosis, or programmed cell death, the body's normal method of disposing of damaged, unwanted, or unneeded cells.

15. Cancer is a disease of the mind, body, and spirit. A proactive and positive spirit will help the cancer warrior be a survivor. Anger, unforgiveness and bitterness put the body into a stressful and acidic environment.. Learn to have a loving and forgiving spirit. Learn to relax and enjoy life.

16. Cancer cells cannot thrive in an oxygenated environment. Exercising daily, and deep breathing help to get more oxygen down to the cellular level. Oxygen therapy is another means employed to destroy cancer cells.

1. No plastic containers in micro.
2. No water bottles in freezer.
3. No plastic wrap in microwave.

Johns Hopkins has recently sent this out in its newsletters. This information is being circulated at Walter Reed Army Medical Center as well. Dioxin chemicals cause cancer, especially breast cancer. Dioxins are highly poisonous to the cells of our bodies. Don't freeze your plastic bottles with water in them as this releases dioxins from the plastic. Recently, Dr. Edward Fujimoto, Wellness Program Manager at Cast le Hospital, was on a TV program to explain this health hazard. He talked about dioxins and how bad they are for us. He said that we should not be heating our food in the microwave using plastic containers.
This especially applies to foods that contain fat.. He said that the combination of! Fat, high heat, and plastics releases dioxin into the food and ultimately into the cells of the body. Instead, he recommends using glass, such as Corning Ware, Pyrex or ceramic containers for heating food. You get the same results, only without the dioxin. So such things as TV dinners, instant ramen and soups, etc., should be removed from the container and heated in something else. Paper isn't bad but you don't know what is in the paper. It's just safer to use tempered glass, Corning Ware, etc. He reminded us that a while ago some of the fast food restaurants moved away from the foam containers to paper. The dioxin problem is one of the reasons.

Also, he pointed out that plastic wrap, such as Saran, is just as dangerous when placed over foods to be cooked in the microwave. As the food is nuked, the high heat causes poisonous toxins to actually melt out of the plastic wrap and drip into the food. Cover food with a paper towel instead.

This is an article that should be sent to anyone important in your life.

Samson.

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Re: John Hopkins Study on Cancer
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2010, 02:07:20 PM »

Whether there are some good suggestions in this post can be debated.

But is false information, an urban legend email.

http://www.snopes.com/medical/disease/cancerupdate.asp

Craig

Samson

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2010, 02:21:48 PM »

Whether there are some good suggestions in this post can be debated.

But is false information, an urban legend email.

http://www.snopes.com/medical/disease/cancerupdate.asp

Craig

Thanks for the update Craig, no debating will occur from my perspective. I guess there's good and bad from both camps, Orthodox vs The Alternative Perspective.

Kind Regards, Samson.

arion

• Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2010, 03:31:10 PM »

The false part is that John Hopkins would ever send something like that out.  I think as a whole the things the article has to say are true and almost line up point for point many of the things the Dr. Steger was saying at the conference.

Kat

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2010, 09:24:00 PM »

After Craig debunked the list you put up Samson, I decided to check into some of these things.

MAYO CLINIC.COM

Question:
Does microwaving plastic food containers cause them to leach dioxins into the food?

Answer:
from Katherine Zeratsky, R.D., L.D. - a Mayo Clinic nutritionist

Dioxins are cancer-causing substances most often found in soil, water and animal fat. Brush fires and forest fires naturally release dioxins into the air. So, too, does the uncontrolled burning of household trash. Certain chemical and industrial processes also may form small amounts of dioxins. Although stories have circulated for years that freezing or microwaving plastic food containers or wraps causes them to release dioxins, this isn't thought to be true.

Still, it's important to follow general safety guidelines when you're heating food in the microwave. For example:

Use microwave-safe containers. Use containers or wraps specifically labeled as "microwave-safe." Don't use margarine tubs, carryout containers, or paper or plastic grocery bags.
Check product labels. When you heat packaged foods, follow the microwave instructions printed on the label. If instructions aren't given, transfer the food to a plate or container that you know is microwave-safe.
Don't allow plastic wrap to touch the food. Leave a small gap between the plastic wrap and the food while it's being heated.
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/dioxins/AN01276

Question:
Is sea salt better for your health than table salt?

Answer:
from Katherine Zeratsky, R.D., L.D.
Sea salt and table salt have the same basic nutritional value — both mostly consist of two minerals — sodium and chloride. However, sea salt is often marketed as a more natural and healthy alternative. The real differences between sea salt and table salt are in their taste, texture and processing, not their chemical makeup.
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/sea-salt/AN01142

JOHNS HOPKINS BLOOMBERG SCHOOL OF PUBIC HEALTH
Public News Center
June 24, 2004

Researcher Dispels Myth of Dioxins and Plastic Water Bottles

Rolf Halden, PhD, PE
The Internet has been flooded with false email warnings to avoid freezing water in plastic bottles so as not to get exposed to carcinogenic dioxins. One hoax email has been erroneously attributed to Johns Hopkins University since the spring of 2004. The Office of Communications and Public Affairs discussed the issue with Rolf Halden, PhD, PE, assistant professor in the Department of Environmental Health Sciences and the Center for Water and Health at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health. Dr. Halden received his masters and doctoral degrees researching dioxin contamination in the environment. We sat down with him to set the record straight on dioxins in the food supply and the risks associated with drinking water from plastic bottles and cooking with plastics.

Question: What do you make of this recent email warning that claims dioxins can be released by freezing water in plastic bottles?

Answer: No. This is an urban legend. There are no dioxins in plastics. In addition, freezing actually works against the release of chemicals. Chemicals do not diffuse as readily in cold temperatures, which would limit chemical release if there were dioxins in plastic, and we don’t think there are.
http://www.jhsph.edu/publichealthnews/articles/halden_dioxins2.html
« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 09:36:08 PM by Kat »

Samson

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2010, 11:05:41 PM »

Actually Kat,

There were only parts of that study that personally interested me, the part about sugar and how cancer cells will feast on them. Also that supplements help support the immune system, which in turn fights the bad cells by supporting the good cells.

Insofar as Chemotherapy or Radiation is concerned, nobody is going to burn me or poison me, just my honest personal opinion. Although those procedures have success by destroying the cancer cells, the immune system takes a beating and you eventually die as a result of your weak immune system.

Insofar as the plastics, freezing water, etc, I do all of that anyway, Love my water chilled, hate warm or room temperature water, although I've been heeding Dr. Stegers advice about drinking a minimal amount of water with meals at room temperature, just enough water to take my supplements.

It just seems to me after 50 plus years of life that if the majority believes something in matters of Politics, Religion, Medicine, Nutrition, Exercise, etc; they usually lying or misinformed. Happily I aplied that thinking regarding Ray's Teachings and this Forum, because if he had taught the Orthodox status quo on Bible Interpretation, I would have hightailed it outta here,  ;).

Kind Regards, Samson.

Ninny

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2010, 11:32:01 PM »

Let me add to this by saying that there is truth mixed with error in so many things..
There are things we know to be truth and things we know to be falsehood, when the two are intermingled it is hard to discern the real from the false..
It is this way with many things, from medicine to religion and everything in between. What we have to do is find the ideas and dig for the truth! Samson some of those things are true..our bodies do have cancer cells all the time, and it takes many, many of them to fit on the head of a pin! our body was designed to heal itself, proof that our God knew everything in advance!

It doesn't hurt to check everything you know and everything you THINK you know..God is in control and He will give us the answers we need!

as far as the part about sugar, yes..that is true cancer cells feed on sugar...everything feeds on sugar! our brains use sugar as fuel! our bodies use sugar as fuel! Many things we eat whether there is sugar added to it or not turns to sugar in our bodies...

Radiation and chemotherapy are as harmful as they are useful! (sometimes more so) Many of the children that we see with cancers in adolesence are children who have been treated for different cancers as babies with chemotherapy..I've heard it many times over since my little Grayson had his brain tumor..many times the treatment is worse than the disease!

So we just have to try to find the best way to live and let God show us the way! Nothing profound or earth shattering from me, just an observer in life! Trusting in God is all we have and obedience to what we know to be truth!
I'm thankful for every day God gives me!! I will try to do what I can to keep me healthy!!  :)
Thanks for all of that, guys!!
Kathy ;)

Samson

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2010, 11:38:30 PM »

Let me add to this by saying that there is truth mixed with error in so many things..
There are things we know to be truth and things we know to be falsehood, when the two are intermingled it is hard to discern the real from the false..
It is this way with many things, from medicine to religion and everything in between. What we have to do is find the ideas and dig for the truth! Samson some of those things are true..our bodies do have cancer cells all the time, and it takes many, many of them to fit on the head of a pin! our body was designed to heal itself, proof that our God knew everything in advance!

It doesn't hurt to check everything you know and everything you THINK you know..God is in control and He will give us the answers we need!

as far as the part about sugar, yes..that is true cancer cells feed on sugar...everything feeds on sugar! our brains use sugar as fuel! our bodies use sugar as fuel! Many things we eat whether there is sugar added to it or not turns to sugar in our bodies...

Radiation and chemotherapy are as harmful as they are useful! (sometimes more so) Many of the children that we see with cancers in adolesence are children who have been treated for different cancers as babies with chemotherapy..I've heard it many times over since my little Grayson had his brain tumor..many times the treatment is worse than the disease!

So we just have to try to find the best way to live and let God show us the way! Nothing profound or earth shattering from me, just an observer in life! Trusting in God is all we have and obedience to what we know to be truth!
I'm thankful for every day God gives me!! I will try to do what I can to keep me healthy!!  :)
Thanks for all of that, guys!!
Kathy ;)

Very Good Post Kathy(Ninny).

Those were very balanced answers you supplied, keeping everything balanced in proper perspective, now I got to go find the balance,  ;)

Thanks, Samson.

Ninny

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2010, 11:47:30 PM »

Keep your eyes open, Brad...keeping your balance is hard the older you get!! It's a lot easier to find balance with your eyes open!! ;D I learned that from using my wii fit!! hehehe!!   :D
Sorry, I'm just being silly!
Kathy ;)

Stacey

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2010, 04:28:21 AM »

Hey thanks Samson, there is some good to know stuff in there for sure.
Stacey

Wendy

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2010, 05:14:08 AM »

This was a wonderful message and much needed.  Gone are the days of eating nutrisious meals and we are all guilty of doing the fast food and processed food thing considering our hechtic lifestyles.  For those of you who either know someone or are fighting a personal battle with disease I would highly recommend two websites both by Dr. Lorraine Day.  Her Personal website is www.drday.com.  She shares her own successful battle with cancer as well as her 10 step plan that remarkably mirros the information found in your message.  Also she has another site at (this type link not allowed).  To Dr. Days credit she does not believe in the lie called hell either and has some very insightful information posted there. Thank you again for sharing what you learned with us.  I have also included the links to my aboved referenced websites.  

http://www.drday.com/

God Bless,
Wendy
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 02:16:04 PM by Kat »

G. Driggs

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2010, 01:22:25 PM »

For anyone that might be interested, there is an all natural sugar substitute call xylitol. It is made from birch trees and supposedly has some health benefits, like increased calcium absorption, balancing pH levels, and they are diabetic friendly, and they do not promote weight gain. More info can be found here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xylitol

http://shop.emeraldforestxylitol.com/google-xylitol?gclid=CKqR0rWss58CFRciagodG33Tew

http://www.xylitol.org/

I have personally ordered herbal and xylitol candies from a website, and I must say they are very good. My kids love em, and so do I. The herbal candies actually help fight cavities, and kills the strep virus. Since I'm not a big fan of fluoride I thought this might be best for the kids.

I thought I would share this because sugar was mentioned and how bad it can be. So if you have a sweet tooth , this might be a good idea.

G.Driggs

Linny

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2010, 05:36:29 PM »

Wendy! I have recommended Dr. Day to many. I had no idea she didn't believe in hell! That thrills me.

One of the biggest changes in our society that I think is linked to our increase in disease is our use of fast food.
I read yesterday that in 1972 (I was 11) we spent $3 billion/year on fast food and now we spend $110 billion.

Add to that the fact that most do not cook from scratch but out of boxes and bags, our meats are full of steroids and hormones, so we are just filled with chemicals, sugar, high fructose corn syrup, trans fats, etc.
And 49% of Americans are taking 1 or more pharmaceutical drugs every day.

CottonPicker

« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2010, 06:56:32 PM »

Before I found this site, it was through Dr Day's writings that I ever heard a Christian say there is no hell.  It took awhile before i believed it.

I have followed some of Dr Day's health advice with excellent results.   
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 22 queries.