bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Caffeine content...  (Read 13329 times)

Kat

Caffeine content...
« on: January 19, 2010, 10:29:23 PM »

I've often wondered what the caffeine content was of some products, so when I found this list I decided to post it.

CAFFEINE CONTENT: coffee, tea, soda and more
By Mayo Clinic staff

Do you know the caffeine content of your favorite beverages? And did you know that some sweets and even over-the-counter medications have caffeine? You may want to take a closer look at just how much caffeine you get in a typical day, especially if you're bothered by headaches, restlessness or anxiety. If your caffeine habit totals more than 500 to 600 milligrams a day, you may want to consider cutting back.

One note about the numbers: Use them as a guide.
The actual caffeine content of the same coffee drink can vary from day to day — even at the same coffee shop — because of factors such as roasting and grinding, as well as brewing time.

Type of coffee:                                        Caffeine (milligrams)
Dunkin' Donuts, brewed, 16 oz (480 mL)         143-206
Generic brewed, 8 oz (240 mL)                     95-200
Generic brewed, decaffeinated, 8 oz (240 mL)   2-12
Generic instant, 8 oz (240 mL)                      27-173
Generic instant, decaffeinated, 8 oz (240 mL)  2-12
Starbucks Espresso, 1 oz (30 mL)                  58-75
Starbucks Vanilla Latte, 16 oz (480 mL)           150

The caffeine content of tea also is affected by how long it's brewed.

Type of tea:                                            Caffeine (milligrams)
Brewed tea   
Black tea, 8 oz (240 mL)                              40-120
Black tea, decaffeinated, 8 oz (240 mL)            2-10
Starbucks Tazo Chai Tea Latte, 16 oz (480 mL)   100
Stash Premium Green, 6 oz (180 mL)                  26

Iced Tea   
AriZona Green Tea, 16 oz (480 mL)                    15
Generic instant mix, unsweetened, 1 tsp (5 mL)    27
Generic instant mix, decaf., unsweet, 1 tsp (5 mL) 1
Lipton Brisk Lemon Iced Tea, 12 oz (355 mL)         7
Nestea Iced Tea, 12 oz (355 mL)                        26
Snapple Plain Unsweetened, 16 oz (480 mL)          18

Soft drink, 12 ounces (355 milliliters)             Caffeine (milligrams)
7Up, regular or diet                                         0
Barq's Root Beer, regular or diet                        23
Coca-Cola Cherry, regular or diet                       35
Coca-Cola Classic                                           35
Coca-Cola Zero                                             35
Diet Coke and Diet Coke With Lime                    47
Dr Pepper, regular or diet                                42-44
Fanta, all flavors                                             0
Mello Yello                                                    53
Mountain Dew, regular or diet                           54
Mountain Dew Code Red, regular or diet              54
Mug Root Beer, regular or diet                           0
Pepsi, regular or diet                                    36-38
Sprite, regular or diet                                      0
TaB                                                            47
Vault                                                           71
Wild Cherry Pepsi, regular or diet                      38

Sports or energy drink                                Caffeine (milligrams)
AMP, 8.4 oz (250 mL)                                      74
Enviga, 12 oz (355 mL)                                     100
Full Throttle, 16 oz (480 mL)                             144
Monster Energy, 16 oz (480 mL)                        160
No Fear, 8 oz (240 mL)                                      83
No Name (formerly Cocaine), 8.4 oz (250 mL)       280
Red Bull, 8.3 oz (250 mL)                                  76
Rockstar, 8 oz (240 mL)                                    80

Type of product                                          Caffeine (milligrams)

Candy and gum   
Foosh Energy Mints, 1 mint                                100
Hershey's Milk Chocolate bar, 1.55 oz (43 g)           9
Hershey's Special Dark Choc. bar, 1.45 oz (41 g)    31
Jolt Caffeine-Energy Gum, 1 stick                        33

Ice cream   
Ben and Jerry's Coffee Heath Bar, 8 oz (208 g)       84
Haagen-Dazs Coffee ice cream, 8 oz (212 g)         58
Starbucks Coffee ice cream, 8 oz (200 g)             50-60

Medication   
Anacin, Maximum Strength, 2 tablets                    64
Excedrin, Extra Strength, 2 tablets                      130
NoDoz, Maximum Strength, 1 tablet                      200

Lupac

Re: Caffeine content...
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2010, 10:49:26 PM »

I've had those Foosh Energy Mints. (They sponsored me for a LAN party once.) Let me tell you, they taste really bad. (Like bleach.)

Samson

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2010, 11:17:29 PM »

Kat,

I was surprised at the medications caffeine content, that was interesting, then again, some medications used to have Ephedrine in it. When used wisely, that was great stuff, a miracle for me. Too bad people abused it. Before working out, I used to take 20 mg of Ephedrine, an aspirin and a cup of coffee, those were the best workouts I ever had, with no ill effects.

Thanks for the List, Samson.  :)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 11:31:14 PM by Samson »

firefly77

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2010, 02:48:13 AM »

Kat,
It's too late for me... I am a caffeine/coffee addict;  I enjoy drinking the stuff. I have this great Senseo coffee maker that turns every cup of coffee into a very special treat... more like a cappuccino. It is one of those beverages I have enjoyed all my life. I appreciate your report; however, I am so hard core, it won't cure me unless God wants me to stop and shows me some beverage that I would like much better. Until then.... Coffee, here I come :)

Grace and Peace,
Angie

Samson

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2010, 10:07:10 AM »

Kat,
It's too late for me... I am a caffeine/coffee addict;  I enjoy drinking the stuff. I have this great Senseo coffee maker that turns every cup of coffee into a very special treat... more like a cappuccino. It is one of those beverages I have enjoyed all my life. I appreciate your report; however, I am so hard core, it won't cure me unless God wants me to stop and shows me some beverage that I would like much better. Until then.... Coffee, here I come :)

Grace and Peace,
Angie

Angie,

Enjoy your Coffee, 2-4 cups a day won't hurt you, unless you have peptic ulcers and real high Blood pressure, especially Diastolic. Coffee stimulates the Adrenal Glands and helps to burn fat. I enjoy my Coffee too. It's preferable to being addicted to Alcohol, so enjoy that Morning Coffee and I'll do the same.

Kind Regards, Samson.

firefly77

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2010, 12:20:48 PM »

Enjoy your Coffee, 2-4 cups a day won't hurt you, unless you have peptic ulcers and real high Blood pressure, especially Diastolic. Coffee stimulates the Adrenal Glands and helps to burn fat.

Samson,
Burn fat too? Now I don't have any reason at all to quit coffee  ;D
Thankfully, I have no peptic ulcers or high blood pressure.
Growing up in Germany, I think I had coffee in my baby formula...

Angie

Linny

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2010, 12:56:10 PM »

Be careful with that caffeine guys. You should go to mercola.com and just put caffeine in the search box. Without reading any articles you can just scroll down and read all the bad stuff that caffeine is linked to.
Samson, 2-4???  :o
We got off caffeine a while back. My husband was especially addicted. He won't go back.

Stacey

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2010, 01:46:04 PM »

I have 2-4 cups of coffee about every day. If anyone has doubts that caffeine is a drug to the body try quiting coffee for about 4 days.  :) I've done it several times and about the third day I get a very bad headache that lasts almost all day. Its smooth sailing after the headache but eventually I am drawn back to have a cup, it's hard to resist the smell of a fresh brewed pot of java.
Stacey

arion

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2010, 02:06:24 PM »

I used to drink a pot a day but no more.  Coffee is highly acidic and if you want an alkaline body then coffee is something good to give up or to cut back.  I started to get a lot of pain in my joints and it would vary from knees to ankles, elbows and shoulders and after Dr. Steger's talk and making some changes the joint pain is now all gone!!  I have cut back to a mug of coffee in the morning and one at night with no sugar.  That was hard to give up too.  LOL

Samson

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2010, 07:11:35 PM »

I used to drink a pot a day but no more.  Coffee is highly acidic and if you want an alkaline body then coffee is something good to give up or to cut back.  I started to get a lot of pain in my joints and it would vary from knees to ankles, elbows and shoulders and after Dr. Steger's talk and making some changes the joint pain is now all gone!!  I have cut back to a mug of coffee in the morning and one at night with no sugar.  That was hard to give up too.  LOL

Arion,

Joint pain can be attributed to Mineral deficiencies, especially Calsium and Manganese. It's true that Coffee destroys Calsium and B Vitamins, but Sugar in all it's forms is a worse villain. I take enough supplements to more than compensate Coffee's ill affects. People are preaching Stevia, as an alternative to sugar, I purchased some and it was so horribly tasting, I said forget it. Even tried to play with the amounts for my Coffee, to no avail. As Kat's initial Post illustrates, Coffee is in so many things, so you better forget the Chocolate, too. Also, in regards to Joint Pain, Omega three fatty Acids(Fish Oils) supposedly has benefit there. Better forget about most Breads, especially Wheat Flour based, has gluten and clogs the Intestines. Unless you want to purchase Ezekiel Bread at $6 a loaf, can't afford it. Of course their is a sprouted bread  for $4 a loaf from Giant food store, we've had some of that, it's pretty good and fills you up, so you only want one Sandwich, instead of two. The List goes on and on. I'd rather take my affordably priced Supplements from Swansons and eat some of the things I enjoy.

Kind Regards, Samson.

Linny

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2010, 10:56:47 PM »

We didn't start out as big lovers of stevia either but we have been using now for a couple of months and now we love it. An aquired taste and so worth it to get off the white stuff.

Astrapho

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2010, 10:26:48 AM »

I tried coffee but I didn't get addicted at all. What I get addicted to is milk chocolate. D; Lots and lots of milk chocolate. And maybe that's why I have bad knees. Lots of my friends have bad knees too, some of whom don't really do sports. :-[ Makes us feel old.  :-[

I've been procrastinating big time on getting some of that fish oil stuff...

Edit: And I got off soda and soft drinks really easily. Instantly, in fact!  :P
« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 10:28:05 AM by Astrapho »

Kat

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2010, 12:41:21 PM »

"I got off soda and soft drinks really easily. Instantly, in fact!"  Good for you Astrapho  :D
I too gave up soda (I now refer to it as poison) pretty easily after I made up my mind.  Now if I could just get my daughter to stop drinking it.

Hey Lin, I too am using Stevia in my ice tea and I think it is a great replacement to sugar.  But have cut back to a glass a day.  I also liked to drink  1/2 coffee 1/2 hot cocoa, but have given that up mostly too. I've developed quite a taste for green tea these days and whenever I do need to sweeten I use honey and Stevia, but I'm going to get some xylitol that G. Driggs mentioned on the other topic and try that, it's suppose to actually be good for you  :D

Hi Samson, I picked up on that site (Swanson) and have made an order to add to the supplements I already have.  It's hard to determine what best out of all the chooses, but I keep a good variety out and try to get my family to take something with a meal.  I have notice a considerable improvement in the way I feel after taking a vit. and mineral every day for the last few months.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Samson

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2010, 02:46:53 PM »

"I got off soda and soft drinks really easily. Instantly, in fact!"  Good for you Astrapho  :D
I too gave up soda (I now refer to it as poison) pretty easily after I made up my mind.  Now if I could just get my daughter to stop drinking it.

Hey Lin, I too am using Stevia in my ice tea and I think it is a great replacement to sugar.  But have cut back to a glass a day.  I also liked to drink  1/2 coffee 1/2 hot cocoa, but have given that up mostly too. I've developed quite a taste for green tea these days and whenever I do need to sweeten I use honey and Stevia, but I'm going to get some xylitol that G. Driggs mentioned on the other topic and try that, it's suppose to actually be good for you  :D

Hi Samson, I picked up on that site (Swanson) and have made an order to add to the supplements I already have.  It's hard to determine what best out of all the chooses, but I keep a good variety out and try to get my family to take something with a meal.  I have notice a considerable improvement in the way I feel after taking a vit. and mineral every day for the last few months.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Hey Kat,

Amen to Astrapho too, Young people drink too much Soda. We don't drink Soda either, regardless of the sweetener. We drink Coffee, Water, that's basically it, Pam occasionally drinks Milk, I don't like it. Ice Tea will be added, as the weather gets warmer. Swansons has a Multi Mineral Pill, reasonably priced at $7.49 for the Large Bottle.

Good Post, Samson.

Patric

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2010, 07:22:50 PM »

we poison our bodies....yet slow enough where most of the sugars....caffeine...preservatives and chemicals are not noticed until over time ......I use a lot or organic products now...which are more expensive....and try to avoid processed flours....preservatives...chemicals and things I can not pronounce in any food that I buy....our body is a filter and sometimes in spite of how we treat it can filter out much of what we consume....but most of the Alzheimer's....heart disease...diabetes...strokes...arthritis, joint and muscle pains can be attributed to side effects...forms of cooking....using microwaves....not eating a balanced diet of natural products.....all of which stared in about 19th century....man is so intelligent his own inventions are killing the body....
this too is God's will....
I am just glad the good news is that God is in control :)

Linny

« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2010, 11:32:44 PM »

I agree Patric.
I would also add that one thing we have gotten very big on is cleaning out our organs we have abused for so long.
I think a good house cleaning can do wonders for prevention.
I am beginning a 5 day colon cleanse (we do these every year) on Monday. Doing the pre-cleanse stuff now.
This is a new one and I am excited about it. Then I am going to do one for my kidneys and for my liver/gallbladder.
I hope to feel wonderful after all this.
I have not done the other organ cleanses before and hear they are great.

Samson

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2010, 10:46:46 AM »

I agree Patric.
I would also add that one thing we have gotten very big on is cleaning out our organs we have abused for so long.
I think a good house cleaning can do wonders for prevention.
I am beginning a 5 day colon cleanse (we do these every year) on Monday. Doing the pre-cleanse stuff now.
This is a new one and I am excited about it. Then I am going to do one for my kidneys and for my liver/gallbladder.
I hope to feel wonderful after all this.
I have not done the other organ cleanses before and hear they are great.

Hey Linda,

Regarding the Colon cleanse, I'm looking into doing that soon, to get rid of all that accumulated garbage buildup in my Sewer System(Intestines). Does anyone have an opinion on that Acai Berry, if it's worth trying. Linda, I wonder if you had any insight on that.

Kind Regards, Samson.

geokuhns

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2010, 01:52:11 PM »

I cannot get enough caffeine. Just look at me.  :-\

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q118/Hell6On6Wheels6/th_caffeine.gif
 :o

Patric

« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2010, 03:16:43 PM »

LOL

Linny

« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2010, 02:23:06 PM »

Hey Samson,
On the acai berry, the popularity is kind of new and I fear I have not explored it.
What I do know is that we have done several colon cleanses and the recipes for these are pretty common among them.
The last one we used twice now is rated number one and was very easy.
My most intense one was doing a colonic a day for 30 days.
The one I am starting now is from Tobin's new doc he found out of CA whom he is just crazy about.
He is a master herbalist.
Anyway, beginning the 5 day part of it on Monday. I'll let you know how it goes.
I will say this, he says that in his clinic, he has found that many diseases and issues people have were completely cured just by cleaning out their colon.
My favorite natural guy is Dr. Norman Walker who is the father of juicing. He says death begins in the colon.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 22 queries.