bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: If you could go into suspended animation for 50 years...  (Read 10614 times)

Lupac

If you could go into suspended animation for 50 years...
« on: January 19, 2010, 10:47:24 PM »

And then be thawed out/woken up, being the same age you went in as, would you do it?

Samson

Re: If you could go into suspended animation for 50 years...
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2010, 11:13:04 PM »

And then be thawed out/woken up, being the same age you went in as, would you do it?

Lupac,

You should be a a Science Fiction Author like Stephen King or something,  ;D; only kidding with you. Actually, your question reminds me of the movie Forever Young with Mel Gibson, one of my favorites. In answer to your question NO, because my Wifes 12 years younger and we get along and have had too many Bad Marriages to risk having to go through that again. Besides, my Wife would be Old, instead of me being older and I like it just the way it is. As a matter of fact, she would probably be dead, :(.

Thanks, Samson.

G. Driggs

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2010, 11:16:31 PM »

That depends, would it hurt like really bad? ;)

G.Driggs

lferretj

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2010, 08:06:24 PM »

I would if my family went with me and we were on a spacecraft to colonize another planet, and it took 50 yrs to get there.  I would want to take my puppies and ferrets too so I hope it works for animals too ;D
lferretj

Roy Martin

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2010, 10:08:03 PM »

I can't stand the way the world is now. I certainly wouldn't want to come back in 50 years to no telling what, and then add the years I would live to the 50. I don't think so! :-\
I like sci-fi movies, but I don't imagine them.Its hard enough as it is in the real world.
Roy
« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 08:50:51 AM by Roy Martin »

Extol

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2010, 02:03:06 PM »

I would rather go back 50 years (actually a little more). Then I could meet The Three Stooges.  ;D

Lupac

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2010, 02:29:54 PM »

Yeah, but the theory behind my idea is, it's much easier to go forward in time, than back in time.

indianabob

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2010, 07:00:53 PM »

Yeah, but the theory behind my idea is, it's much easier to go forward in time, than back in time.
[/quote]

In my view we couldn't travel into a place that doesn't yet exist.
We are creatures of time. Not clocks or even 24 hour days, but in sequence of events. e.g. we cannot die before we are born.
Things have to happen in their proper order. First a child and then an adult.
First the natural then the spiritual.

Much of Christendom has it backward. Teaching that we always existed as spirit entities and are now serving our time as physical entities or in physical shells.
Time travel allow us to have it both ways or either way and is confusion.

I'm inclined to pursue this thread with the intention to show why it is fantasy and counter productive to discovering true purpose of human life.

Indianabob

Ninny

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2010, 08:07:33 PM »

Oh Bob! Chill out dude!! (pun intended) Samson, you could take the Freckle Girl with you! and Roy...you're right the real world is pretty scary!! I'd get into the Cryo-time machine, but like lferretj I gotta take everyone and everything with me and like George...is it gonna hurt? I don't like pain!! If I went BACK in time 50 years Extol, I'd be a little girl again and I'd have to live my life all over again??? yeoch!! Ohhhh, uuuummmm nope!! Not even for the Three Stooges!! Nyuk, Nyuk, Nyuk! is that how you say it?! ;D :D
Kathy ;)

Kat

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2010, 08:35:24 PM »

But what if you were frozen and when you woke up the resurrection had already taken place and you missed it, now what  :o  ???  ;)

Kat

Extol

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2010, 08:38:11 PM »

Yes, Nyuk Nyuk Nyuk is correct. ;D

Ninny

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2010, 09:10:20 PM »

:D :D
Oh, Kat!! That would be horrible!! talk about "Left Behind"!! ;D
Kathy ;)

Samson

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2010, 09:17:33 PM »

:D :D
Oh, Kat!! That would be horrible!! talk about "Left Behind"!! ;D
Kathy ;)

Hey Kathy & Kat,

This Thread is beginning to remind me of that Thread approximately 1 1/2 years ago about the Flux Capacitor from Back to The Future.

Kind Regards, Samson.

Lupac

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2010, 02:03:45 AM »

In my view we couldn't travel into a place that doesn't yet exist.
We are creatures of time. Not clocks or even 24 hour days, but in sequence of events. e.g. we cannot die before we are born.
Things have to happen in their proper order. First a child and then an adult.
First the natural then the spiritual.

Much of Christendom has it backward. Teaching that we always existed as spirit entities and are now serving our time as physical entities or in physical shells.
Time travel allow us to have it both ways or either way and is confusion.

I'm inclined to pursue this thread with the intention to show why it is fantasy and counter productive to discovering true purpose of human life.

Indianabob
[/quote]

You're not literally "traveling" to the future. If you were frozen right now, from your point of view, it would seem like no time had past from the minute you were "suspended" to when you were thawed out/woken up. I believe the past IS past, you can never go back, because it's already happened. The future however, hasn't happened yet, so, if from your point of view, you "stopped" for one hundred years, then "started" again, to you, it would be like traveling to the future.

indianabob

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2010, 03:15:27 AM »

... "so, if from your point of view, you "stopped" for one hundred years, then "started" again, to you, it would be like traveling to the future."

Well Lupac, that is exactly what is going to happen to all those who died in ignorance thinking that life was too hard and fearing all manner of myths and lies that men of power put forth to exercise control of the population.

In reality that will be a great time, especially since our Lord will be in charge.
However there will be work to do and correction to endure and truth to learn and self to overcome and ungodliness to spiritually burn away.

What a day that will be, Bob

Roy Martin

« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2010, 08:33:18 AM »

The first thing I would do is yell, where the heck is the bathroom, I have something to leave behind.
 :P :o :o  :o :o  ;D
Come on! Even in suspended animation for 50 years one is bound to wake up with a lot of excess baggage so to speak that one needs to be delivered from.
Roy
« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 12:50:24 PM by Roy Martin »

rockrdude

« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2010, 08:48:33 AM »

George.. I was thinking about this. If you did this, and if global warming is a reality, you might go to sleep in the arctic cold and wake up in a tropical paradise! ;)

Ninny

« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2010, 02:00:37 PM »

Ok George Driggs, if Jonathan is right then when you go into suspended animation...you'd better pack some shorts and Tshirts!! Your parka will be mighty hot in the tropics!!  ;D 
Kathy ;)

myms

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2010, 02:16:40 PM »

Wot? Wake up and find your kids were 20yrs older than you? Perish the thought!! I'd have to end up looking after them in their old age!

G. Driggs

« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2010, 03:28:19 PM »

George.. I was thinking about this. If you did this, and if global warming is a reality, you might go to sleep in the arctic cold and wake up in a tropical paradise! ;)
Ok George Driggs, if Jonathan is right then when you go into suspended animation...you'd better pack some shorts and Tshirts!! Your parka will be mighty hot in the tropics!!  ;D 
Kathy ;)

You guys slay me! :D Seeing how I cant stand hot weather, I think I would just go back into suspended animation and hope to wake up to an ice age. Thats what I call paradise. ;D Boy am I glad there is no such thing as hell. ;)

G.Driggs
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 22 queries.