bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello Everyone, I am New Here.  (Read 7187 times)

Laura

Hello Everyone, I am New Here.
« on: January 20, 2010, 02:59:24 PM »

I found this web site about a year ago, at that time some of what Ray taught I believed to be truth, yet other topics I was unsure of. Anyhow, I recently resumed my studies of Ray's teachings and those things I couldn't grasp before, I now do. What I would like from the forum is some advice. Back in September 2009 I bacame involved with one of the Sabbath keeping COGs, I now see that despite their best efforts, they too hold to false teachings. I now feel that it is time for me to disconnect myself from the group. So, should I thank them for welcoming me to their fold, but then explain I no longer hold the same beliefs they do or should I just not show up? I do not want to get cornered into a debate over my newfound beliefs. Would very much appreciate your advice on this matter.

God Bless,
Laura

Lupac

Re: Hello Everyone, I am New Here.
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2010, 03:23:33 PM »

Hello, I'm glad you're here! I think I'll let someone more experienced answer this for you.

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2010, 03:41:09 PM »

Hi Laura.  I think it's wise not to get cornered into a debate.  On the other hand, there is value in open communication.  I think you should judge for yourself.  How close am I to this group?  How strong do I hold to faith? 

Don't take either approach as obligation.  The truth is, if they knew what you believed, they would have no fellowship with you either.  I wasn't really faced with this question on leaving, but I have had to openly declare my intention and reason for not returning.  I had mixed results on how well I 'handled' things, but even then learned what was in my heart and how I was maturing.  Follow what you believe and don't be afraid to make mistakes.  We don't learn without them.

Maybe that helps a little.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Laura

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2010, 04:45:22 PM »

Thanks Dave, it does help. I figured I would just stop going and IF someone from the group called or e-mailed as to my whereabouts, I was going to direct them to this site and leave it at that. Thanks again.

Linny

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2010, 05:18:37 PM »

When we left our last church, we just left. And we have still, after about 2 yrs, never heard from anybody!  :D :-\ ???
We were amazed but at the same time, glad we didn't have to answer any questions. We were so new to this then, it'd have been bad.
Now when people ask us where we are going to church (a common question), we just tell them we are home churching. I have only had ONE person attempt to corner me on that.
We strictly adhere to "..be ready with an answer..." scripture. I don't offer information unless I am asked a question.
 Welcome to the forum!!
Lin

G. Driggs

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2010, 05:29:06 PM »

Thanks Dave, it does help. I figured I would just stop going and IF someone from the group called or e-mailed as to my whereabouts, I was going to direct them to this site and leave it at that. Thanks again.

That will work. ;)

Welcome to the forums Laura, glad to have you here.

Peace, G.Driggs

Laura

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2010, 06:03:06 PM »

ank you both  for your advice and warm welcome. Believe me, I am certainly utilizing this forum, figured I would start with the last page in "general discussions" and move foward. Already found answers to a few of my questions, looking forward to my next truth.

Samson

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2010, 07:31:49 PM »

I found this web site about a year ago, at that time some of what Ray taught I believed to be truth, yet other topics I was unsure of. Anyhow, I recently resumed my studies of Ray's teachings and those things I couldn't grasp before, I now do. What I would like from the forum is some advice. Back in September 2009 I bacame involved with one of the Sabbath keeping COGs, I now see that despite their best efforts, they too hold to false teachings. I now feel that it is time for me to disconnect myself from the group. So, should I thank them for welcoming me to their fold, but then explain I no longer hold the same beliefs they do or should I just not show up? I do not want to get cornered into a debate over my newfound beliefs. Would very much appreciate your advice on this matter.

God Bless,
Laura

Hi Laura,

Pray about it and you will have to make a decision, however, what fellowship does righteousness have with lawlessness. You don't have to make a big production of it, you could write a letter of resignation, like I did, stating you no longer want to be recognized as a member of the Congregation and state that no followup from them is necessary. When I left the JW'S, I type wrote a 14 page resignation letter stating the many reasons for my Dissassociation. Never heard from them again, didn't expect either, knowing their stand on defectors. Welcome to the Forum, remember, all of the above by me is just a suggestion, nothing more, you still must make the decision. My circumstances might be different as I had done much research prior to my defection.

Also, there are a bunch of Former WWCOG Members at this Forum, specifically Dennis and Kat, Administrator and Moderator.

May God Direct your steps in this matter, Samson.

cherokee

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2010, 07:51:09 AM »

Hey Laura,
Welcome to the forum. Glad you have joined us.

Blessings,
Suzie

Silvia Martin

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2010, 09:57:21 AM »

Hi, Laura

Welcome to the forum. It took me a year also to start posting here. You'll be so glad you did. This is a wonderful, caring family.

God bless,

Silvia

Patric

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2010, 10:00:22 AM »

Hi Laura....for me it has been almost a year too....mostly hanging out at the bible truths website.....wanted to welcome you....our eyes and ears are just now being used spiritually....
thy will be done....

Stacey

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2010, 10:08:52 AM »

Hi Laura and welcome to the forum!
Stacey

9440geoff

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2010, 03:33:13 PM »

Hi Laura,

Welcome to the forum.

I'll second what Linny said, above, but add that it takes a lot of studying of Ray's papers to be  "ready to give an answer".

Geoff

Kat

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2010, 06:58:06 PM »

Hi Laura,

I'm glad you have joined us  :)
Just take it one day at a time and do what you feel He is leading you to do at the time.  Don't worry and do the best you can, that all He expects of us.  We are here for you, so do come here for the fellowship and encouragement you need.

Here are a few links to what we have here on the forum.

The forum rules, it will help you see how this forum is moderated.
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3.0.html
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,4558.0.html
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3614.0.html

Forum Indexes & lots of Info.
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,14.0.html

Ray's Videos
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,8227.0.html

Ray's Audios
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,2641.0.html

Ray's 2008 Audios
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,8256.0.html

Transcripts of Ray's Audios
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,12.0.html

Who Am I? (members pics and personal stuff)
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,16.0.html

mercy, peace and love
Kat

indianabob

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2010, 09:56:11 PM »

Good evening Laura,

I'm Indiana Bob, I joined WCG in 1969 and experienced many difficulties with observing the 7 day sabbath, such as needing time off from work etc.
After 30 years and developing many strong and helpful friend ships I began to see the truth that we now understand.

I still meet with some of the old members while shopping and have on occasion visited their homes since our adult children are still friendly. It is not easy and we continue to have friendly comments offered such as "Bob, you need to fellowship somewhere, every Christian does". Then when I mention worshiping at home there is the look of pity and concern. I sincerely believe that they mean well and so I try to think of how they will remember me later when their eyes are opened and I respond accordingly.

These folks are just like most of us were yesterday or yesteryear. We need to allow God to bless us without Him also blessing everyone we know.

God knows every person's circumstances and God knows when the best time will be to let them see and understand the truth. Plus, God has a task in mind for each one He is calling and we truly don't know how difficult our life may become toward the end, so I no longer pray for God to open the minds of all of my friends or even my children. That may be letting them in for lots of problems. I just trust in God's perfect love and perfect judgment and try to keep in mind that those who are being called now, ahead of the time, are called for a purpose and it is NOT to bless us without a price. Jesus said that if he suffered then his followers would in like manner suffer for the Kingdom and there are many examples of this found in scripture.

My comfort is in knowing that my children ARE NOT lost forever. They will see me again in the Kingdom and we will remember all the good times from our previous life and I will be able to guide them and help them through their trials as Jesus purifies their hearts and prepares them for service in God's Kingdom.

So, regarding separating yourself from others, please think it over carefully, relax and take your time and don't worry about deciding right away, our God is very patient and knows your heart and He will give you peace.

Love and a big HUG, Bob

Laura

« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2010, 11:55:17 PM »

Wow, thank you so much to everyone for everything.

Bob, I couldn't agree more. I no longer pray for God to open up the minds of my family and friends. I now have a sense of peace knowing all will be done according to God. There is a great comfort in knowing that we will all be together again. The thing I look forward to the most, other than the obvious, is knowing I will finally meet the sister who died before I was born. Ironically I was born the same day she died, only one year later. I patiently, yet anxiously, await that day. Glad to be here and hope to make many new friends.

Laura

myms

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2010, 01:49:21 PM »

Welcome Laura

My youngest daughter is called Laura .... I love the name  ;)

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2010, 03:57:24 PM »

Welcome to the Forum Laura :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 22 queries.