bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't plant a flower  (Read 5278 times)

Roy Martin

Can't plant a flower
« on: January 23, 2010, 09:05:26 AM »

Being a lover and observer of plants, the thought of a flower came to mind of how we are very similar to them or rather the cycle one goes through before a plant produces a flower.
 You can't just plant a flower. You can transplant them and take cuttings from the plant and you can plant a seed that comes from a flower. First a seed is planted that produces a tender stalk that hardens into a firm stalk with leaves. It continues to develop with one intention and that is to produce flowers, yet it is not a flower through out its entire growth pattern until flowers appear, but it still is not just a flower. Its a plant that produces flowers, or a single flower. Some grow in healthy soil, some grow in poor soil, but struggle to grow and produce.Some grow well and thrive in poor soil which isn't poor soil to that particular plant. It is good soil to this type of plant. Only we consider it to be poor soil. We have beautiful flowers that people want in their gardens. We have flowers that are considered to be a pest to our gardens and yards and people want to kill them. There is no such thing as a weed. A weed is a weed only because it is unwanted, but it is a plant that produces a flower or flowers.There is no legal definition of a weed if it produces a flower. Its a wild flower that grows on a plant. I believe that God doesn't see weeds. I believe that He sees only plants that will produce a flower or flowers.
 Anyway; there's my thought for the day.I could get much deeper with this but I'll end here before someone thinks I been smoking the flowers.

Peace
Roy
« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 10:32:05 AM by Roy Martin »

Ninny

Re: Can't plant a flower
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2010, 09:55:18 AM »

Ha! Roy, I KNOW you've been smoking the flowers!!  :D just kidding! I remember when we first moved to Alabama..I had never seen so many wildflowers! My neighbors were "old timers" So when I started to plant seeds for some of the wildflowers they told me I was crazy! They said those aren't flowers, they are WEEDS!! I said, Hey, God doesn't see them as weeds God created a plant with a pretty flower on it!!
They thought I was smoking "weeds" hahahaha!  :o :D
Kathy ;)

Stacey

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2010, 11:45:08 AM »

Nice Roy, well said, but I can't help but think of an old song, maybe you know it. I'd almost bet that you do, if I were a bet'n man.

The song is called Wildwood Weed.  :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyYKnhtoij0

;D
Stacey

Joel

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2010, 11:56:40 AM »

Great thoughts there Roy!
 I was thinking just the other day along these same lines, but I was pondering the rose plant and how it has the thorns and all. I wouldn't even have it in my yard , if not for that long awaited time when it finally shows what it was here for. good to think about the soil's part also. You could add in BT as it applies to us and it gets real deep.
Thanks, Joel

Roy Martin

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2010, 02:19:50 PM »

Yep! Stacey. I was smoking that wild wood weed when I first heard that song. I've also sat on that sack of seeds while they drove away. ;D

Roy

Linny

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2010, 02:28:13 PM »

The mental picture I had while reading your post was of you sitting in a yoga position, wearing a nice tie died t-shirt and headband, eyes closed and humming.... ;D

Lupac

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2010, 08:02:51 PM »

I've heard Morning Glory seeds are good. They're a flower!

Roy Martin

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2010, 10:33:34 AM »

Lupac, stay away from the morning glory seeds. They are not good as you have heard.
 Mediated more on my leading post and you'll get something out of it, and hopefully you'll be producing beautiful flowers soon.
 Since your here on this post, let me ask you what you see in my first post. Do you see yourself any where in the story?

Roy

Lupac

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2010, 03:09:30 PM »

I was just joking. I don't know where I am right now.

Roy Martin

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2010, 03:41:43 PM »

I know you were joking.

Roy
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 04:23:08 PM by Roy Martin »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 23 queries.