bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: new heaven and earth  (Read 4345 times)

gallenwalsh

new heaven and earth
« on: January 23, 2010, 07:07:15 PM »

Paul spoke of this world in it's present form  passing away. Any insights as to what tha meant. I s he referring to the system and it's government? Or that the physical universe itself will be passing away ? Seems like an awful lot of trouble to go through to just destroy it. Why not just make the earth and call it a day ? Any insights appreciated. Is there a complete list of EVERYTHING Ray has ever taught somewhere ?

mharrell08

Re: new heaven and earth
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2010, 09:06:37 PM »

Paul spoke of this world in it's present form  passing away. Any insights as to what tha meant. I s he referring to the system and it's government? Or that the physical universe itself will be passing away ? Seems like an awful lot of trouble to go through to just destroy it. Why not just make the earth and call it a day ? Any insights appreciated. Is there a complete list of EVERYTHING Ray has ever taught somewhere ?

Paul states that the fashion or form of this world is passing away but not the world itself:

1 Cor 7:31  ...for the fashion of this world passeth away

Christ is returning to judge the inhabitants of the earth...this judgment takes place on the earth [Isa 26:9, Acts 17:31]. God states that New Jerusalem comes out of heaven to earth to dwell with mankind [Rev 21:1-3, Ezek 37:25-27].

The earth's not going anywhere from what the scriptures state, but let's just trust in the Lord to take care of all mankind to have a dwelling place. We are to live by faith, so in situations as this, we just have to trust in the Lord.

Marques

gmik

Re: new heaven and earth
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2010, 02:27:07 PM »

After the last trump, when all is in Christ, and Christ is in God and God is All in all(I cor 15:28)....I can't form an impression in my mind of everything being in God-  I know scripture says a New Earth, but I imagine a more Spirit-y type of afterlife. Not at all like what we know now. (Actually, I rarely think of it at all, I just know it will be awesome!)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 20 queries.