bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Did the Father ever have a beginning? Where is the Scriptural proof?  (Read 12253 times)

TRUTH281

How do we know He never had a beginning? Is there any Scriptural proof that the Father never had a beginning? Everlasting God really means "the God of the ages", so that's not proof. I know this isn't relavent, but everyone says the Father never had a beginning and I say where is the Scriptural proof? And if there isn't any Scriptural proof then don't make the assumption.

Thanks,

Jake from Baytown, TX

mharrell08

Re: Did the Father ever have a beginning? Where is the Scriptural proof?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2010, 02:22:59 AM »

How do we know He never had a beginning? Is there any Scriptural proof that the Father never had a beginning? Everlasting God really means "the God of the ages", so that's not proof. I know this isn't relavent, but everyone says the Father never had a beginning and I say where is the Scriptural proof? And if there isn't any Scriptural proof then don't make the assumption.

Thanks,

Jake from Baytown, TX

Excuse me Jake, but what is your point? It seems like you're asking a question so you can answer it yourself.

God tells us that all is of Him or out of Him, including Christ. So if all is out of Him, what does that exclude that could bring forth the Father? We can either believe that all is of God or not. That's living by faith, accepting God at His Word and trusting in Him.

I don't know what's going on lately, but a couple of members keep asking for scriptural proof from the scriptures themselves. It's like people want proof that what God says is true, no one wants to live by faith.

Marques

Akira329

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2010, 05:24:11 AM »

Jake,
God of the ages doesn't do it for you huh?
Before you make your point, here are some scriptures to consider:

Pro 8:22  The LORD possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old.
Pro 8:23  I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was.
Pro 8:24  When there were no depths, I was brought forth; when there were no fountains abounding with water.
Pro 8:25  Before the mountains were settled, before the hills was I brought forth:
Pro 8:26  While as yet he had not made the earth, nor the fields, nor the highest part of the dust of the world.
Pro 8:27  When he prepared the heavens, I was there: when he set a compass upon the face of the depth:
Pro 8:28  When he established the clouds above: when he strengthened the fountains of the deep:
Pro 8:29  When he gave to the sea his decree, that the waters should not pass his commandment: when he appointed the foundations of the earth:
Pro 8:30  Then I was by him, as one brought up with him: and I was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him;
Pro 8:31  Rejoicing in the habitable part of his earth; and my delights were with the sons of men.

Act 17:24  God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;
Act 17:25  Neither is worshipped with men's hands, as though he needed any thing, seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things;
Act 17:26  And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;
Act 17:27  That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:
Act 17:28  For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.
Act 17:29  Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.

Eph 4:6  One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

Col 1:16  For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
Col 1:17  And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

Rom 1:20  For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

Hope this helps
Antaiwan
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus

myms

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2010, 07:56:00 AM »

Forgive me for saying but I think the following is a rather unhelpful response from a moderator:

I don't know what's going on lately, but a couple of members keep asking for scriptural proof from the scriptures themselves. It's like people want proof that what God says is true, no one wants to live by faith.

You only have to read a few of Ray's responses to emails to notice how often he accuses the email writers of making assumptions, and his reply is always to point them back to the scriptures. Of course we need faith, but faith has to be grounded in the word.

As to the question asked by Jake ...... I live with an atheist and the beginnings of God is always his big punch when he hopes to knock my faith down. So please don't knock the questions asked here, you have no idea what circumstances, tests and reasons questions are asked, and a harsh answer may prevent the more timid from contributing. If you suspect the motives of the questioner why not use a private response?

Just my thoughts, no offence meant, and I hope none taken.

myms

mharrell08

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2010, 09:04:37 AM »

Forgive me for saying but I think the following is a rather unhelpful response from a moderator:

You only have to read a few of Ray's responses to emails to notice how often he accuses the email writers of making assumptions, and his reply is always to point them back to the scriptures. Of course we need faith, but faith has to be grounded in the word.

As to the question asked by Jake ...... I live with an atheist and the beginnings of God is always his big punch when he hopes to knock my faith down. So please don't knock the questions asked here, you have no idea what circumstances, tests and reasons questions are asked, and a harsh answer may prevent the more timid from contributing. If you suspect the motives of the questioner why not use a private response?

Just my thoughts, no offence meant, and I hope none taken.

myms

Myms,

That was not the only response I gave, just a point needed to be made. What I am saying is, some people want proof that what God says is true. There are certain things we have to live by faith on, that's all. Living by faith is trusting what God says. If 2-3 scriptures are given, what more can anyone give?

I meant no offense just something to take a look at, within ourselves.

Also, the scriptures tell us to have an answer for anyone who asks of the hope we have in us, not to win a debate with them. When we find ourselves simply wanting to win an argument with an unbeliever, it becomes less about spreading the good news but rather our pride and ego taking over.

Marques
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 11:22:37 AM by mharrell08 »

myms

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2010, 09:12:46 AM »

'What I am saying is, some people want proof that what God says is true.'

Sorry Marques, point taken!

Thanks, myms.

Samson

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2010, 11:11:10 AM »

come to mind are using Scriptures that prove the opposite or deducing a Truth from a Scripture. I will illustrate that using two ex
How do we know He never had a beginning? Is there any Scriptural proof that the Father never had a beginning? Everlasting God really means "the God of the ages", so that's not proof. I know this isn't relevant, but everyone says the Father never had a beginning and I say where is the Scriptural proof? And if there isn't any Scriptural proof then don't make the assumption.

Thanks,

Jake from Baytown, TX

Hello Jake,

After reading this Thread and considering your question, something Ray said dawned on me regarding how we might prove something that may not or may not be specifically stated. Two ways from Examples found below from Ray's article " Does All mean All." These are not direct quotes, but I recall these examples, because they left a profound imprint in my memory.

Example #1(Some have argued that the Greek Word Pas(All) doesn't necessarily mean everyone, but can mean " as many as" or "Most" or can mean everyone, but we can prove that God will save All from 2Peter. 3:9; where it says that God Wills or Desires that "None" perish. The Greek Word for our English word "None" is taken from the Greek Word "oy" which is derived from the Greek No'te which means "no, never, none, not;etc. So the point from This Scripture is that if God Wills or Desires that "None" perish, there can't be anyone in that category. You have an opposite created here from this Scripture; "None Perishing." So, if God Wills none perish, there can't be anyone that does. We used a negative word to prove the opposite.

Example: #2 ( Love Never Fails; 1Cor13:8 & God Is Love; 1John. 4:8-God Is Love. So, If God is Love and Love never(Gk-no'te,oy), it can never happen on God's part, because He IS( a state of being) Love. Is there a Scripture that says Love will fail, No.

So, What's the point of the above examples, I will explain that now. Jesus is the First born of all creation(Col. 1:15); He is the beginning of creation of or by God(Rev. 3:14); God gave his only Begotten Son(John. 3:16); He sent his only Begotten Son into the World(1 John. 4:9); No man has seen God at any time, the only begotten God(Gk-monogenes Theos) who is in the bosom with the Father has explained him.(John. 1:18); This one was in the beginning with God(John. 1:2); An only Begotten Son from a Father(John. 1:14). From all of this and other Scriptures, we know that Jesus had a beginning and was created by The Father or Begotten of The Father, yet THERE ARE NO SCRIPTURES THAT STATE THAT THE FATHER HAD A BEGINNING OR WAS CREATED BY ANYONE. So we can deduce from all of that to prove God the Father didn't have a beginning, because the Scriptures don't state that He did, but they state that the Son(Jesus) had a beginning. And since Jesus is God and had a beginning, wouldn't they state that God the Father had a beginning, if that was so, because God the Father is God, also(John. 4:24-God is Spirit, stated by Jesus, while he was flesh).

Hope this helps, but remember, We walk by Faith, not by sight.

Kind Regards, Samson.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 11:15:00 AM by Samson »

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2010, 11:17:32 AM »

Hey Jake

Samson answered you well.

Also, I am sure there are many members here who can find many scriptures to show what God IS but you are not looking for that are you Jake. Are you not looking to prove that God the Father had a beginning? If so, why so?

God does not create ANYTHING out of NOTHING so why would He be either out of or from nothing?

Just because God is INVISIBLE, does not mean that He is NOTHING, or that He is out of nothing or came from nothing which is the same as looking to see if He had a beginning.  Can you see that? Can you see that you are looking for something that is not there?

If God had a beginning then there has to be nothing before He began right? WRONG. If you think that there was something before God the Father then you do not believe what He says that

Isa 46:9  Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is NON like Me,

God is was and ever shall be. God will NEVER be nowhere or nothing. God is a consuming fire and many other Scriptures show what God is. God is EVERYTHING not NOTHING.

As Samson nails it, no where in the Scriptures does it say that God the Father began somewhere.  If God began somewhere then somewhere had more power, status, rank, position, standing  and eminence than God  which demotes, lowers and makes inferior, God’s  rank and status as Sovereign God subserviating Him to a somewhere somewhere. Get my drift? No?

Here it is in a nut shell. God is the somewhere and the something of everything and everywhere. Get it? Perhaps still not?

Let’s try this.  The Son of God had a beginning. His Son is the First and Last of many sons and daughters and His Kingdom will go on and on expanding, not from NOTHING but from God. God is somewhere, that is everywhere. God is something that is everything.  Is this a little clearer? No? Maybe not?

When you see that God is Spirit and that He is invisible then you will know that EVERYTHING you feel, ask or question is caused by HIM and that is not from nothing or nowhere.
It is good to ask questions Jake. Be encouraged. Keep on keeping on. God is right behind you…all the time!

For further study please  consider, think about, regard, mull over, reflect on, contemplate and take into account to ponder the LOF part 2 teachings
Quote....
So creation is ‘IN Christ” but “OUT of God” Not , out of “nothing.!”

Arcturus

gmik

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2010, 02:29:23 PM »

Hi all.  How about Col. 1:16-17.......He is before all things.....

That is clear (to me at least)

...and by HIM all things consist....

So HE was at the beginning and called into being everything else.

TRUTH281

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2010, 03:49:20 PM »

Col. 1:16-17.......He is before all things.....

This is a verse stating the present condition of Christ and in no way proves the Father never had a beginning. I'm not saying he did have a beginning but everyone is using verses which address the present pense or have nothing to do with the topic. This is why I've addressed the issue because everyone says God never had a beginning and I have yet to see the Scriptures. All I'm saying is why assume something that's not Scriptural.

...and by HIM all things consist....

Again this verse has to do with the PRESENT condition of Christ's power. You can't use verses about Christ who had a beginning to prove that the Father never had a beginning. It's like how Ray explained God's Wisdom and how there is no verses which state he has always had the Wisdom he has today. Ray says "I don't doubt that he has all wisdom. Where did he get it?" I don't doubt that God is immortal today but what veses suggest he has always been this way?

mharrell08

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2010, 04:26:46 PM »

I don't doubt that God is immortal today but what veses suggest he has always been this way?

What verses suggest He hasn't been this way? Why are you looking to place the onus on members to satisfy your own arguments? If you want to present the argument that God may have been given immortality by something greater or He has not always been, then YOU prove it.

If you don't know or believe that God has always been immortal or that He has always been, FINE. But what is the point of arguing about it?

One day, we will all have our place at the table, in His Kingdom...and we will either already know by that point or can ask Him whatever we want to know at the time.

Marques

G. Driggs

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2010, 04:30:11 PM »

Here is an email response from Ray.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.bible-truths.com/email16.htm

Let me make one more statement with regards to translating Greek words into English words that STILL maintain the statement is the verse as being a true statement. I specifically have reference to verses where God is referred to the "AIONIOS"  God.  Some insist that this MUST be translated "the ETERNAL God" of "the God of Eternity."  Not so. That is unscriptural foolishness. Just because it is a true statement to say "the ETERNAL God" does not mean that that is how it SHOULD be translated, just because the statement is true. When translating this verse properly as "the EONIAN God" the statement is still true (that is, God really IS, the "GOD OF THE EONS--He made the eons and He is "the GOD of the eons"). And so why not translate properly and consistently according to what the Holy Spirit SAID, not what translators say is ALSO A TRUE STATEMENT, by CHANGING and ADDING TO the words inspired by the Holy Spirit.

Suppose that since I live in the South, that I want to translate Matt. 10:42 as follows:  "And whosoever shall give to  drink unto one of these little ones a GLASS OF ICE COLD TEA only in the name of a disciple, verily I say unto you, he shall in no wise lose his reward."

I could play semantic games and say that in the South it is customary on a hot day to offer a "GLASS OF ICE COLD TEA" rather than "a cup of cold water."  After all, the STATEMENT of our Lord's is still TRUE, is it not?  Yes, that is correct, it does not change the meaning of the statement IN THIS VERSE.  But the fact remains, that the Holy Spirit did NOT inspire the words "glass of ice cold tea!" It is a fallacious translation. It is ADDING TO the word of God. Now it does not apparent harm to call God "the ETERNAL God." That is a TRUE statement, but IT IS ;NOT A TRUE TRANSLATION!  And when we make this SAME mistake of translating with reference to punishment for the ages, it becomes NEVER-ENDING, ETERNAL PUNISHMENT, which is a damnable heresy.

God be with you,

Ray
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Excerpt from http://bible-truths.com/aeonion.htm

I have argued this point for years. Just because a word translated WRONGLY can still make sense does NOT justify doing so. Perchance someone might wish to translate Mark 9:41 as follows: "For whosoever shall give you a GLASS OF ICE COLD LEMONADE to drink in my name… shall not lose his reward." Does not the verse make equal SENSE as when it is correctly translated "A CUP OF WATER?" Yes it does, but that is NOT what the Holy Spirit inspired to be preserved for us. Hence, "a glass of ice cold lemonade" is wrong, just as translating Rom. 16:26 as "the everlasting God," is wrong. The Holy Spirit inspired the word aionios, which translated to our English equivalent "eonian," and this is how it must be translated if we are to be faithful to God’s Word.

And so I will repeat this most important truth of translating:

"That the adjective is applied to some things which are ‘endless’ [as with ‘God’ in Rom. 16:26] does NOT, of course, for one moment prove that the word itself meant ‘endless;’ and to introduce this rendering into MANY PASSAGES [some of which we will look at later] WOULD BE UTTERLY IMPOSSIBLE AND ABSURD." (CAPS are mine).

It is both foolish and unscriptural to insist that any "adjective" applied to God, such as "aionios/eonian," must be of an "eternal" nature, or it cannot be applied to an "eternal God." Here is your whole unscriptural argument: Since aionios/eonian pertains to ages or eons which have a BEGINNING and have an ENDING, it absolutely according to your theories of grammar and your theories of interpretation, can NEVER be applied to God, unless we change the etymology, meaning, and Scriptural usage of this word to a totally DIFFERENT WORD, "eternal."

So based on what Ray has told us, it seems ok to state God is an everlasting or an eternal God, because it is a true statement.

Hope this helps

Peace, G.Driggs

TRUTH281

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2010, 05:00:44 PM »

Mharrell08 I have no arguement trying to prove God had a beginning I just want to know if the Bible addresses the issue and there are people on BT decades older than I am who may know of some. Some verses yall think prove God has always been just doesn't hold water. I would like to know the truth but what you presented doesn't confirm your belief. To state that all is of God or all things consist through Christ is a present factual condition which doesn't prove God never had a beginning. By this reasoning that's like saying, "God has all wisdom today so he must have always had all wisdom". Ray says do you have a chapter and verse on that. And I say God is immortal today but is there a chapter and verse that says he has always been this way. That doesn't sound like an argument to me.

When I show you your verse doesn't prove your point I'm not arguing.

Truth281

mharrell08

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2010, 05:38:50 PM »

Mharrell08 I have no arguement trying to prove God had a beginning I just want to know if the Bible addresses the issue and there are people on BT decades older than I am who may know of some. Some verses yall think prove God has always been just doesn't hold water.

Jake, that is your opinion...for many here, the fact that 'All is of God' holds up just fine. Perhaps it is your personal beliefs that don't hold up to water.

I would like to know the truth but what you presented doesn't confirm your belief. To state that all is of God or all things consist through Christ is a present factual condition which doesn't prove God never had a beginning. By this reasoning that's like saying, "God has all wisdom today so he must have always had all wisdom".

And do you have a scripture that states this is ONLY God's present condition? A statement of fact is not a statement of limitation...if you feel otherwise, the responsibility is on you to present your point. The members already have presented theirs.

The scriptures tell us that the one who sends is greater than the one who is sent [John 13:16] and that the one who gives/blesses is greater than the one who receives [Heb 7:7]. If God was given or brought forth in any way, whatever that someone/something is would be greater than Him. And if anything was greater than Him, He would be a liar as He states that ALL IS OF HIM.

Ray says do you have a chapter and verse on that. And I say God is immortal today but is there a chapter and verse that says he has always been this way. That doesn't sound like an argument to me.

When I show you your verse doesn't prove your point I'm not arguing.

Truth281

Do you have a verse on God not always being immortal? Again, why is the onus on others instead of yourself to present your point?

Since you only feel inclined to shoot down others scriptural positions without presenting ANY scriptures of your own, I'm locking this thread for now.

mharrell08

« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2010, 08:31:54 AM »

Email reply from Ray (http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,11344.msg98233.html#new):

Dear Darren:  Thank you for your concern over my health (or lack thereof).

Your question may be "short," but it is not specific.  I realize how difficult
for most to "pay close attention to all the words."

You ask whether "God our Father" had a beginning?  You then suggest that the churches teach that
"God always existed."  Which is your question?  Did "God the FATHER" have a beginning or did 'GOD"
have a beginning.  See the difference?  We must make a distinction, as there is a distinction.

The phrase "God the Father" is nowhere found in the O.T. Hebrew Scriptures, only in the N.T. Greek (Ex:  John 6:27).
"GOD" (Who is the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ) has always existed and did not have a beginning.
However, God as a "FATHER," did have a beginning.  One cannot be a father unless He is a "parent," for that
is one of the main definitions of a "father" in the Greek language.  God has conceived a Son, and from that
time He became a FATHER with a Child--the beginning of His FAMILY.

God means "placer or disposer."  God is not a "placEE" or a "disposEE."  God the PlacER was never placED

So:  "GOD" as the original supreme Being of the universe did not have a beginning.
But God "THE FATHER" of our Lord Jesus Christ did not become the "FATHER" until He became the Father
and Spiritual Parent of Jesus Christ.  Hope this helps clear up your discussion.
God be with you,
Ray

Roy Martin

« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2010, 09:39:16 AM »

I can relate to a curiosity of which I use to have about where God came from. It does seem to our carnal mind that everything would have to have a beginning, but I never could find the answer, so I just marked it off as something we aren't meant to know, or myself anyway. Its not important to me anymore.
I can start thinking about how Adam and Eve were created which to me would be like something in a sci- fi movie. Did he lay there on the ground as an embryo for nine months not alive as he developed into a mature man and woke from the breath of God with complete intellegence speaking and walking, and then there's Eve, a bone lying on the ground growing into also a mature adult. Didn't have to learn to talk or walk.
 Well what good does it do for me to ponder on these things? Would it give me spiritual understanding or just an explanation to satisfy my curiosity.  Dwelling on it can also get me into the whole creation thing into thinking that if God can create Adam and Eve into maturity then God could have created the earth and all that is in it into maturity, trees. grass, mountains rivers, everything. It can cause me to start questioning the whole bible and leave me in doubt of the truth that I have.
 The point here is curiosity's of some things can lead us astray, and maybe even to the point of not believing anything, even in God, but on the other hand, if that happens then there must be a reason for it beyond my puny carnal understanding. I know some truths that God wants me to know and that's good enough for me ,and there is a reason for that also.

Roy
« Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 11:10:45 AM by Roy Martin »

Jennie

« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2010, 09:56:50 AM »

I am not an expert on the Bible and all it says. I just  know in my heart that God is in everything , He is , He  was and He will always be. He is  with me everyday. I don't have anything to write to prove that... I just believe that. With that belief, as ignorant or gullible  as I may sound, I just have peace in my heart knowing that I am in His hands. I am glad my life is in His hands because if I tried to do it myself... ya'll know I would just mess it up! There is much to contemplate on these things so I will get to contemplating  and send my love  to all as we grow in understanding or as my Cherokee grand-parents called it " the way". Jennie from the mountains

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2010, 11:28:21 AM »

Roy
Your post brought the following scripture to my mind regarding you as you epitomize 1Ti 6.6.

Jennie the same could apply to you too and your Cherokee grand-parents. There is much wisdom in peace of mind.

1Ti 6:6 .... Godliness with contentment is great gain.

Arcturus
« Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 11:29:57 AM by Arcturus »

mharrell08

« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2010, 02:25:19 PM »

The point here is curiosity's of some things can lead us astray, and maybe even to the point of not believing anything, even in God, but on the other hand, if that happens then there must be a reason for it beyond my puny carnal understanding. I know some truths that God wants me to know and that's good enough for me ,and there is a reason for that also.

Roy

To go along with Roy's comments:

Acts 17:16-21  Now while Paul waited for them at Athens, his spirit was stirred in him, when he saw the city wholly given to idolatry. Therefore disputed he in the synagogue with the Jews, and with the devout persons, and in the market daily with them that met with him.

Then certain philosophers of the Epicureans, and of the Stoicks, encountered him. And some said, What will this babbler say? other some, He seemeth to be a setter forth of strange gods: because he preached unto them Jesus, and the resurrection. And they took him, and brought him unto Areopagus, saying, May we know what this new doctrine, whereof thou speakest, is?

For thou bringest certain strange things to our ears: we would know therefore what these things mean. (For all the Athenians and strangers which were there spent their time in nothing else, but either to tell, or to hear some new thing.)

Notice, it was the pagans who spent their time doing 'nothing else' but to tell (teach) or hear some new doctrine. They asked Paul of 'the hope he had in him' but not to learn in order to change their lives, but to 'hear some new thing'.

Do some of us, here at the forum, do this? Are we always running to hear 'some new thing' whether this forum, that forum, this teacher, that teacher? As Deborah posted, are we content with what we DO know to be truth?

Just something to think about coming from daily forum activity.

Marques

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2010, 03:33:41 PM »

Marques, these are the preceding Scriptures to the one that I thought of when reading Roy’s post. They fit what you are seeing perfectly.

1Ti 6:3  If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness;
1Ti 6:4  He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings,
1Ti 6:5  Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself.
1Ti 6:6  But godliness with contentment is great gain.

It is wise to know the difference. :)

Arc
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 22 queries.