bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Did the Father ever have a beginning? Where is the Scriptural proof?  (Read 12235 times)

Roy Martin

Re: Did the Father ever have a beginning? Where is the Scriptural proof?
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2010, 04:51:12 PM »

Ark, I thought I said something wrong when you hit me with that word epitomize. ;D I had to look it up in dictionary.

Roy
« Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 06:26:42 PM by Roy Martin »

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2010, 07:22:23 PM »

For listening, I'd recommend:

http://bible-truths.com/audio/Bible%20Study%2011-30-08%20Pt.%201.mp3
http://bible-truths.com/audio/Bible%20Study%2011-30-08%20Pt.%202.mp3

The transcripts are also available:

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,10538.0.html

I don't know if these will answer questions.  This study is not for the weak-kneed or impatient, but there are concepts explored and explained which should shed some light.  If they don't?  Then move on.  There's no shame in not being able to fathom the nature of time, eternity, and the universe.   ;)

« Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 07:27:10 PM by Dave in Tenn »
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2010, 01:57:50 AM »

epitomize.  ;D  I had to look it up

;D :D  You paid attention to the words. That will help every time!!  ;)

Arc

cjwood

« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2010, 02:17:17 AM »

Well what good does it do for me to ponder on these things? Would it give me spiritual understanding or just an explanation to satisfy my curiosity. 

roy, i just wanted to say that your quote bolded above was so simple but so profound. 

claudia

Bill

« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2010, 11:12:52 PM »

Hello,

What is so wrong with someone asking a question and wanting scriptural truth for something?  Members of this forum used to encourage seeking out the scriptural truth for something.

Bill

mharrell08

« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2010, 11:40:30 PM »

Hello,

What is so wrong with someone asking a question and wanting scriptural truth for something?  Members of this forum used to encourage seeking out the scriptural truth for something.

Bill

Hello Bill,

I don't believe anyone stated it was wrong to ask questions. Is there a particular statement that you are referring to?

Marques

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2010, 11:46:41 PM »

"How do we know He never had a beginning? Is there any Scriptural proof that the Father never had a beginning? Everlasting God really means "the God of the ages", so that's not proof. I know this isn't relavent, but everyone says the Father never had a beginning and I say where is the Scriptural proof? And if there isn't any Scriptural proof then don't make the assumption."

Bill, all I can offer is that there really was no 'question' asked to be answered.  The OP asked, essentially, for 'scriptural proof' for what looks like a question--even has a 'question mark'--but isn't a question.  Still, several 'answers' came forward.

The "Father" aspect of God had a beginning as the Son had a beginning.  No Son, no Father.  That's axiomatic.

Beyond that, we're just challenged to find 'scriptural proof' to answer this non-question while also carrying the extra burden that the OP has already rejected the answer.  Can we prove that God contains the Ages, rather than the Ages containing God as he seems to be implying?  The Almighty is not bound by dictionary definitions any more than He is bound by our own understanding of Him.

The sum of God's Word is Truth.  Not every question--even those which can properly be called questions--has 'proof-texts' to support answers.  If the OP can imagine a God who did not exist at some point in time where something else DID exist, then he is not imagining the God of the Bible.

Let's not let this thread devolve into a discussion of how 'things were handled'.  We're doing the best we can.  

« Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 11:47:54 PM by Dave in Tenn »
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Silvia Martin

« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2010, 10:05:33 AM »

Well... here are my thoughts on that. God IS the beginning and the end , the alpha and the omega. Isn't that prove enough? If he was created ( which he would have to be,if he wasn't always there) then he couldn't BE the beginning and something more powerful than himself must have been responsible for that.Soo... if you think God at one point was not you say he is a liar, because he says he was the beginning and he is all powerful.

Silvia   

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2010, 01:13:33 PM »

I thoroughly appreciate it that Darren was inspired to write to Ray who showed again the example of paying attention to the words of Scripture.

THANK YOU DARREN!

There right in the word GOD, is the answer! Five days of my  long line of answering questions in the PM lines did little but to thoroughly test my own faith and endurance, that was thoroughly vindicated by Ray’s  elegant and concise reply that paid due attention and regard for the Word of God!  8)

So make no mistake about it Bill, we are here to help, listen, discuss, learn by experience to more rightfully and skillfully disclose what we believe and apply the tools we have here in order to answer anyone who have meaningful concerns to come to know Truth, and our efforts will be rewarded.

Arc

Bill

« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2010, 06:27:49 PM »

Hi Guys,

I would like to apologize.  I feel I may have jumped to some conclusions on my previous post.  There seemed to be much more to this question that was in this thread.

Bill
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 19 queries.