bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: My new diet.  (Read 12485 times)

Lupac

My new diet.
« on: January 24, 2010, 10:29:21 PM »

Okay, I'm tired of sugar, and eating unhealthy. I work out a lot. (I do P90X.) But I haven't really changed my diet much, except to add more protien. So I'm thinking about going vegetarian. The number one reason is, I want to eat more healthy. And number two, I have Keratosis pilaris (Small bumps around the hair follicle.) on my arms and legs. I've tried lots of things to get rid of them, but they won't go away. So I thought a diet change might help. I'm considering going to a naturopath for a "Vega" test for food sensitivity. (Yes, I know it's inaccurate, but it's also worked for a lot of people, or so I've read.) Anyway, here would be my diet every day of the week. I based it around a guy on Youtube who did P90X for an entire year, and looks great. Here it is:

Breakfast
Large bowl of oatmeal
1-2 Bananas

1st snack
1 oz. (more/less) of cheese
half of a 400+ calorie protien bar
Granola bar
Gatorade

Whey Protein Powder (When I work out.)

Lunch
2 Cups of leafy greens (Salad)
1 oz. parmesan cheese
Italian Dressing
Vegetarian Chicken Patty

2nd Snack
Granola bar

Dinner
1 Cup of brown rice
1 Cup mixed vegetables.
Vegetarian Chicken Patty

And, that's disgusting, but I'm going to do it. I eat way too much processed meat. (Ham, turkey.) That I'm sure isn't good for me. If I test negative for dairy, I'll have to switch the cheese for something else.

Edit: That's only about 2300 calories a day. I was aiming for more. Let me see here... Adding two oz. of nuts will add about 300 calories a day. Maybe that, plus some things from my P90X diet book that doesn't contain meat. I think I can do this.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 10:33:51 PM by Lupac »

Ninny

Re: My new diet.
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2010, 10:44:57 PM »

Hey Buddy!
Make sure that vegetarian chicken patty is NOT made with Soy! MEN SHOULD NEVER EAT SOY!! Soy is a phyto estrogen (it mimics estrogen in the body) women should never eat soy,either...estrogen...bad...I'd rather see you eat peanut butter, my friend!! you can use beans...you can look up some recipes for vegetarian patties made with beans...lentils...I was a vegetarian for 15 years...I used to use a lot of soy...remember if you use soy use it in the form of soy sauce...fermented soy is ok...now that means anything with "textured vegetable protein"....another word for granulated soy....avoid it!!!
Educate yourself, dude!!  ;) your best bet?? stay away from white flour products and sugar...sugar is your enemy....except in fruit and otherwise healthy stuff like that! concentrate on variety! red, green, yellow, blue, purple...Bryant...EAT A RAINBOW EVERY DAY!!! Don't worry, be happy!!! ;D To your health!!
Kathy ;)

Lupac

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2010, 10:53:43 PM »

I don't know. From what I've read, soy isn't that bad. People in east Asia have been eat soy as long as people have been there.

arion

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2010, 10:58:54 PM »

Listen or watch Dr. Steger's presentation from the bible conference if you have not heard it.  You'll get some great health ideas that will probably be pretty helpful for you.

Ninny

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2010, 11:01:18 PM »

Well, I think they use mainly fermented soy...I need to check on that, cause I'm no expert!!!  :)
Just do your homework!! and remember to be happy!! A merry heart doeth good like a medicine!! Proverbs 17:22  :)
Kathy ;)

Linny

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2010, 11:07:50 PM »

Kathy is right. Processed soy is not your friend.
Watch your dairy. Buy raw cheese. Tastes the same but is good for you with organic calcium.
Watch the high fructose corn syrup. (gatorade)
You should make homemade granola. I have a great recipe and it is so good.
The boxed stuff will be loaded with sugar.
Find a healthy protein powder. If you are buying it from a store, not using the best stuff. I can
tell you about 2 that are the good whey.
Raw nuts and seeds are great protein and a good snack too.

Ninny

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2010, 11:13:33 PM »

Geez, Lin, we are going to get this boy healthy!!! :) hehehe!!
Kathy ;)

Lupac

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2010, 11:46:22 PM »

I think you can get gatorade with the HFC. This doesn't have to be my definite meal play. I've been looking through this diet book I have, I think I'll switch it up some throughout the week. Here it is again:

Breakfast
Large bowl of oatmeal
1-2 Bananas
Cal: 425-530
Sugar: 40-54g
Protein: 9-10g
Carbs: 93-120g

1st snack
Granola bar
Gatorade
Cal: 519
Sugar: 18g
Protein: 24g
Carbs: 36.4g

Cal: 240
Sugar: 1g
Carbs: 3g

Lunch
1 oz. parmesan cheese
Italian Dressing
Vegetarian Chicken Patty
Cal: 219
Protein: 21.4g
Carbs: 11g

2nd Snack
Granola bar

Dinner
1 Cup of brown rice
1 Cup mixed vegetables.
Vegetarian Chicken Patty
Cal: 408
Sugar: 5.6g
Protein: 18.7g
Carbs: 64.7g

Total:

Cal: 2330
Sugar: 83.6g
Protein: 121.1g
Carbs: 244.5g

I'm guessing my carbs shouldn't be twice my protien, should they? Here is the protein powder I use:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/opt/whey.html

and bars:

http://www.supremeprotein.com/carb-conscious-supreme-protein-bars.php

But I'm not really interested in switching ether of those.

EDIT: I added some things to bring my protein up:

Breakfast
Large bowl of oatmeal
1 Banana
6 Egg Whites
Cal: 521
Sugar: 40g
Protein: 30.6g
Carbs: 94.2g

1st snack
Granola bar
Gatorade

Cal: 240
Carbs: 3g

Lunch
1 oz. parmesan cheese
Italian Dressing
Vegetarian Chicken Patty
3.oz Salmon, Fresh
Cal: 394
Protein: 40.2g
Carbs: 11g

2nd Snack
Granola bar

Dinner
1 Cup of brown rice
1 Cup mixed vegetables.
Vegiterian Chicken Strips
Cal: 468
Sugar: 2.6g
Protein: 32.7g
Carbs: 63.7g

Total:
Cal: 2661
Sugar: 80.6g
Protein: 175.5g
Carbs: 244.7g
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 12:15:46 AM by Lupac »

Extol

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2010, 12:54:49 AM »

Hi Bryant~
 Do you know what blood type you are? That makes a big difference in what you eat. There are a lot of "healthy" foods, even fruits and vegetables, that are not so good for you if you're a certain blood type. For example, oranges and strawberries are harmful to blood type-O, tomatoes are bad for type-B, etc. Meat can be beneficial if you're a type O, whereas a vegetarian diet works best if you're type A. Type B is the only type for which dairy products are beneficial.

Lupac

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2010, 01:04:11 AM »

Is that true? I didn't know that. How can I find out? My Dad's is type-O, and my Mom's is type-A.

Kat

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2010, 01:09:52 AM »

Hi Lupac,

I think a healthier diet will be very beneficial for you in many ways. You really need to make sure your new diet is balanced, there are so many things that the body needs to function properly. I'm just thinking if you do not set up a good meal plan, then you may be setting up yourself for failure.  Why not find a reputable naturopath and let them help you set up a proper diet?  They will have a lot of knowledge in this and can advise you on supplements you will need too.  

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Lupac

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2010, 01:42:35 AM »

Well, if I eat that last plan I posted, with a good multi-vitamin, it should do the trick. I'm kind of weary of naturopathic doctors. They remind me of this episode Seinfeld:

(If this is too "offensive" let me know, or just remove it.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHxRkXrBMKo

Kat

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2010, 01:58:20 AM »

Oh my, that was pretty funny  ;D

Well sometimes there does seem to be an information overload, I've read so much and it can be conflicting.  Keep searching to find what is right for you, I guess you can may improvements to your diet as need be.

Kat

Craig

• There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2010, 09:57:39 AM »

I'm kind of weary of naturopathic doctors.

And that would be wise.  Certain diets and ways of life (green) have become a religious experience for many of the followers.  A person will not live one day longer than God ordained them to from the beginning of time.  Most of these diets and lifestyle changes can be had by using common sense approaches.  Don't abuse your body with all meat, or all veggies, or all processed foods, a little of everything in moderation.  Whether you abuse or take care of your body won't delay the days of your life on this earth as ordained by God.  But your quality of life can be made better if you take care of your body.

It's true a crack head that abuses their body may live to be 25 years old before their body breaks down and if they had ate healthy and not abused their body could live to see 80.  But that was not the path that God gave them, some are created for honor and some for dishonor.  In their 25 years of life they did learn the lesson God created them to learn and their lives touched others who also learned their own lessons.

As far as the people who push a special diet or food, etc. Follow the money, most would not hawk their wares or publish their beliefs if they did not make money.  Same with religious characters, if they didn't make money they would try something else.  I never saw a diet peddled that someone was not making money off it.  Either, by books or selling the foods or supplements.  And why do people who may have a new dietary approach such as the one Samson posted the other day, have to lie and claim another source provided their information?  (not you Samson, the original author)  People follow some of these charlatan's the same as they do a religious leader, with the same fervor and the truth be damned.

Ray gives away the word of God.  He could lay out his teaching of the scriptures and make allot of money.  Ray would not be a holding conferences in a small hotel room paid with by his own funds, he could fill up an arena somewhere and people would give a ton of money when he asked for it.  But he does not make a dime, he uses any money donated to pay for search terms to come up on the internet and to pay for the website. The money is used to provide good news and freedom to those who are led to respond to the truth.   If Ray charged for this information I would run the other way, but many others would pay and worship Ray.  That is just the way the carnal mind works.

I'm not saying that following a certain diet or way to live is wrong, if God leads you to do this then you will do it. But turning it into a personal idol is adding chains to your life and leaves less room for dieing to self and less room for Christ to live in you.  

We all have our own personal idols, if we can recognize them then we can pray for deliverance from them.

I like seeing diets that people have tried, I could use a good diet, and sometimes I can pick out things that I can incorporate in my life.  But posting a diet or lifestyle and preaching a diet or lifestyle is two different things.  

This is not directed to anyone on the forum, it is just a general observation that I see everywhere in our lives, from TV, Papers, Books etc. and my opinion. (it might be worth a penny ;D)  Maybe I can write a book and make lots of money ???

Someday none of this will  matter when He is all in all.

Craig
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 12:25:23 PM by Craig »

Marky Mark

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2010, 11:26:26 AM »

Craig, thanks for the Spiritual food for thought,it is a breath of fresh air... ;)

Peace...Mark

Ninny

« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2010, 12:29:49 PM »

Craig, your wisdom as usual is like that rainbow I told Bryant to eat!
Bright and colorful!! :)
Kathy ;)

Extol

« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2010, 02:15:54 PM »

Is that true? I didn't know that. How can I find out? My Dad's is type-O, and my Mom's is type-A.

The only way that I know of is to donate blood, and they will then list your blood type on your donor card. I went to do this last week [because I still don't know my type], but unfortunately I nearly passed out after my finger was pricked.  :-X I guess I had not eaten enough that day.  :D

Craig

• There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2010, 02:51:49 PM »

Go to amazon.com and type  "blood type test kit" in the search area and some will come up.  I think you can buy these at drug stores also.

Craig

Ninny

« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2010, 04:33:04 PM »

Extol... We know you are just squeamish and faint at the sight of blood! The bravest men are scared of needles! Good thing in wars they don't use needles as weapons... No one would fight!! Heehee!!
:) ;D
Kathy ;)

Extol

« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2010, 04:41:26 PM »

Extol... We know you are just squeamish and faint at the sight of blood! The bravest men are scared of needles! Good thing in wars they don't use needles as weapons... No one would fight!! Heehee!!
:) ;D
Kathy ;)

Hey cut it out!!!  ;D Ha ha, I'm not afraid of the needles, or the blood, and the pricking didn't hurt at all. . . yet I still got really hot and pale!! lol

Thanks for the info Craig, I think I will get one of these kits. :)
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 19 queries.