bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Now I remember why I came out of the church...  (Read 7347 times)

shaine

Now I remember why I came out of the church...
« on: January 25, 2010, 02:16:20 PM »

I've been on vacation in Oklahoma visiting my family and I attended church with them on Sunday.

BOY, NOW I REMEMBER WHY I DON'T GO TO CHURCH ANYMORE!

I just couldn't believe the boldness with which the minister preached HIS Gospel.

Basically, it was the same old "prosperity" gospel that is parroted by many of the world's preachers. It's so funny to me to hear this Gospel that says God doesn't cause bad things to happen to people, that it's ALL THE DEVIL, that if you have enough faith you can be healed,that God only wants you to be rich and successful and if you face problems or persecution, you are in SIN!

I guess the purpose of this post is that I am thankful that I have found a place to fellowship, brothers and sisters genuinely concerned with the truth, and the meat of the Word!

I thank God that he has lead(and is leading) me out of Babylon, purging my mind and life of these unscriptural doctrines of men.

Anyone else feel like me?

Deborah-Leigh

Re: Now I remember why I came out of the church...
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2010, 02:57:05 PM »

Hi shaine

Yes, it is wonderful, astonishing, amazing, magnificent and superb,  to be seeing with new eyes that we are no longer eating the husks of errors as we begin to Psa 34:8  O taste and see that the LORD is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him.

We are here to eat of the Fruit of HIS Spirit.  :)

HE is life.

Gal 5:22  But the fruit of the Spirit is: love, joy, peace, long-suffering, kindness, goodness, faith,
Gal 5:23  meekness, self-control; against such things there is no law.

Eph 5:8  For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord; walk as children of light
Eph 5:9  (for the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth),

Arc

aqrinc

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2010, 03:00:18 PM »

Shaine,

You are so right on, we can Thank GOD And our Lord Jesus Christ; from waking up to going to sleep daily, for sight and hearing. We have been raised from the dead into newness of Life, now just keep shining and seasoning. Like Rays has stated before, (Light and Salt do not make any noise), just Shine and season.

Mat 5:13-16 (CLV)
13 You are the salt of the earth. Now, if the salt should be made insipid, with what will it be salted? For nothing does it still avail except to be cast outside, to be trampled by men.

14 You are the light of the world. A city located upon a mountain can not be hid.

15 Neither are they burning a lamp and placing it under a peck measure, but on a lampstand, and it is shining to all those in the house.

16 Thus let shine your light in front of men, so that they may perceive your ideal acts and should glorify your Father Who is in the heavens.

Here below is the ideal way to Shine, while remembering to be: wise as a serpent; yet harmless as a dove to everyone.

Mat 5:42-48 (CLV)
42 To him who requests you, give; and from him who wants to borrow from you, you may not turn.
43 "You hear that it was declared, 'You shall be loving your associate' and you shall be hating your enemy.

44 Yet I am saying to you, Love your enemies, and pray for those who are persecuting you,
45 so that you may become sons of your Father Who is in the heavens, for He causes His sun to rise on the wicked and the good, and makes it rain on the just and the unjust.

46 For if ever you should love those who are loving you, what wages have you? Are not the tribute collectors also doing the same?
47 And if ever you should greet your brothers only, what are you doing that is excessive? Are not those of the nations also doing the same?
48 You, then, shall be perfect as your heavenly Father is perfect.

george ;D.

daywalker

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2010, 04:36:31 PM »

I've been on vacation in Oklahoma visiting my family and I attended church with them on Sunday.

BOY, NOW I REMEMBER WHY I DON'T GO TO CHURCH ANYMORE!

I just couldn't believe the boldness with which the minister preached HIS Gospel.

Basically, it was the same old "prosperity" gospel that is parroted by many of the world's preachers. It's so funny to me to hear this Gospel that says God doesn't cause bad things to happen to people, that it's ALL THE DEVIL, that if you have enough faith you can be healed,that God only wants you to be rich and successful and if you face problems or persecution, you are in SIN!

I guess the purpose of this post is that I am thankful that I have found a place to fellowship, brothers and sisters genuinely concerned with the truth, and the meat of the Word!

I thank God that he has lead(and is leading) me out of Babylon, purging my mind and life of these unscriptural doctrines of men.

Anyone else feel like me?

Yes, I do!!

Funny, over the summer, I had my mom send me transcripts from the sermon's her pastor gave at her [and my old] church, so that I could read them and send her back a rebuttal. Mainly, I just did it for fun, and partly for 'training'. But geez, I was blown away at how bad the sermons were! I honestly didn't expect writing rebuttals to be so 'easy'. I quickly discovered that my old church was far more lost than I previously thought...

Good news is despite that my mom still goes to church, she agrees with what I show her, and enjoys reading the writings I send to her; and she is asking questions at church also; however, she keeps finding that they don't have any good answers for her.

The last rebuttal I did for her was on "The Secret Rapture"; which she had purposely asked her Sunday School teacher to do a study on, so that she could send it to me to hear my rebuttal. Me and her had had several long conversations on this, and she couldn't grasp it... But after reading my rebuttal, she finally saw the nonsense, and she said she finally understands and no longer believes in the Rapture.

Fun times.

Daywalker  8)

Linny

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2010, 04:50:53 PM »

I am like Daywalker in that I enjoy writing rebuttals-mostly in my head! LOL
I think it keeps me sharp.
For this reason we still listen to christian radio so that we can "be ready with an answer."
It really irritates me sometimes and I have to turn it off, but the funniest part of it is that my husband is a great immitator and he has me in stitches sometimes. He can immitate a lot of the big preachers.  :D
The thing I find most amazing is how they can give a Scripture and follow it with a statement that has absolutely nothing to do with the verse they just gave. And their most outlandish statements are never followed by a verse because there isn't one to back up what they just said.
My most eye opening one was when this one guy on the radio gave a Scripture and then negated it completely right after.
When my eyes were closed, I didn't notice this inconsistancy and outright fraud. So happy I hear it now.

arion

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2010, 05:27:26 PM »

I've noticed this as well.  Many things that took a lot of study and painstaking checking of the words are now perfectly clear.  And the being 'blown around by winds of doctrine' is thankfully also something of the past.  I was listening to an audio of Ray's a few weeks ago where he was saying that when he reads a paper by a Christian teacher he can not only spot a major error on the first page but usually in the first paragraph.  Sometimes in the first sentence and occasionally in the title itself.  Many times now I can see things on the net or hear someone talk about it and know instantly why it's wrong and can pull together several scriptures within a minute or two in order to refute what is being served up.  All glory to God!!  Makes me glad to be one of those foolish things of the world that Paul was talking about.

rockrdude

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2010, 06:30:09 PM »

my husband is a great immitator and he has me in stitches sometimes. He can immitate a lot of the big preachers

So Linny.. Your husband is REALLY good at asking for money then?  ;D

Linny

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2010, 06:40:08 PM »

LOL rockrdude! He must not have that part down or else he is hiding it from me! ;D

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2010, 06:43:25 PM »

shaine,
how brilliantly bright is the Light when it is shown to you regarding the Truth about why we must 'come out of her, My people'.  8) 8).  bask in that Light shaine, and let it's reflection light your way.

claudia

bambam

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2010, 01:35:58 AM »

I sit in the church I am attending rebutting in my head.  I usually spend the entire sermon cross referencing the scripture being preached on, and my husband used to think I wasn't paying attention.  ;D  I was paying attention.  And it keeps me on my toes!  God is drawing me out!  :o 8) 
Beth

aqrinc

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2010, 02:46:32 AM »

Hi Beth,

Now you have turned the situation to an advantage for your learning, way to go. That is learning to be content in whatever state.

george ;D.

Roy Martin

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2010, 08:33:23 AM »

Amazing isn't it when God reveals the truth to you of how easy it becomes to see the lies?

Roy

Jennie

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2010, 12:20:55 PM »

Yes it is amazing... amazing that I didn't see it sooner. Talk about an ostritch!!!!! That is me!!!!!

Marky Mark

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2010, 12:21:19 PM »

Hi Beth,

Now you have turned the situation to an advantage for your learning, way to go. That is learning to be content in whatever state.

george ;D.

+1 George.  Wise words indeed.

Peace...Mark

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 22 queries.