bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wisdom Teeth  (Read 6007 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Wisdom Teeth
« on: January 27, 2010, 01:46:57 PM »

O.K, tomorrow morning this big sissy goes and gets my wisdom teeth pulled.

I am scared and scared.  Dentists always scare me.

Anyway, what will be will be.  I'm using IV sedation so I hope I remember nothing.

Prayers appreciated.

Craig

Ninny

Re: Wisdom Teeth
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2010, 02:10:15 PM »

Look Craig, I had all my wisdom teeth removed...and the ones on the top were fine it was the bottom ones that were not...so the dentist says...we're going to pull them all because if your top ones have nothing to press up against from the bottom that will make the top ones move down and cause a whole lot of problems... I should have reminded the dentist that I never shut my mouth long enough for my teeth to press together anyway!! ha! well, Craig..I didn't feel a thing..wasn't even knocked out for it!! they pulled the bottom ones and then another time the top ones...So don't be scared..just close your eyes..the iv will hurt a little but you'll be ok...I'll be praying for you,  'cause I don't like dentists either! I don't like nobody puttin' their hands in my mouth!!!  :P
Seriously...don't be scared...just tell the dentist if he hurts you you have a lot of friends who will come and beat him up!!  ;D :D
Kathy ;) :-*

Patrick

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2010, 02:12:37 PM »

Will pray for you, Craig.

I don't like going to the dentist!  :(

Samson

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2010, 02:40:02 PM »

O.K, tomorrow morning this big sissy goes and gets my wisdom teeth pulled.

I am scared and scared.  Dentists always scare me.

Anyway, what will be will be.  I'm using IV sedation so I hope I remember nothing.

Prayers appreciated.

Craig

Hey Craig,

I know what you mean, can't stand going to Dentists, either. If your getting sedated(knocked out), you won't feel a thing, just enjoy the unbelievable high, had my wisdom teeth pulled. You only have to worry if your Dentist is named Moe, Larry or Schemp, then run like hell. For anesthetic, they might give you either or. Either the mallet or the gas,  ;D.

Kind Regards, Samson.

arion

• Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2010, 03:29:51 PM »

I feel your pain.  I have not been to a dentist in 20 years as I can't stand to have anyone mess with my mouth.  The last time I went they said that my wisdom teeth needed to come out and now 20 years later I still have all my teeth with no problems so I consider myself blessed.  If your going to be sedated to that point then you'll be o.k.  I've had that done before.  You won't remember anything except for vague reflections and of course your mouth will be sore for awhile.  And they will give you a script for some good meds that will last for several days or so.  You'll be fine. 

God bless and keep a good stiff upper lip.   ;)

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2010, 03:46:17 PM »

Thank you for sharing.

Expect a wonderful experience, Craig. You wont know a thing till its all over and then you can heal past all the fear. It is going there that is scary!

Bless you

Deb

Linny

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2010, 06:15:19 PM »

Craig, I seriously feel your pain as my husband took me into the dentist on Monday because I was in a lot of pain. I ended up with a root canal, part 1. ugh
But they do a great job these days keeping away the pain monster. My childhood memories were not good growing up in the 60's.
You'll be fine. I looked at it like this. I got a great aerobic work out because I think my heart stayed around 120 until it was almost over.  ::)
I didn't use anything like an IV so you'll do even better!

Joel

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2010, 08:31:04 PM »

I'll be praying for you.
sounds like me, I didn't use to be afraid of the dentist.
Seems like lately every time I go it's a root canal here, a crown there, or a filling.
Hate to darken the doors there anymore.  ??? Think they mite be trying to make sure they use up all my insurance each year.
May God bless, Joel   :)

rockrdude

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2010, 08:49:04 PM »

Craig... I'm a HUGE sissy when it comes to going to the dentist. There is nothing I would rather do less. Every time I go, it's bad news or something worse. I stay away whenever possible.

I hope it goes better than expected.

darren

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2010, 10:17:57 PM »

Craig, There's nothing to fear. I had it all done. from fillings to Wisdom teeth to root canals and crowns. It's not like the old days. I think the most pain I had was the shots to numb the area. after that all I felt is pussure, Hey if your getting put under it's even better. When you wake up it's over. The doc will give you some good pain meds and antibiotics then smooth sailing. You'll be fine.

Darren

Silvia Martin

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2010, 10:59:19 PM »

Piece of cake.The dentist told me on my way out to stop at Mc Donalds for a milkshake so I could take my pain meds right away. I remember all I wanted to do was to eat my husbands BIG MAC ;D. I wasn't allowed to use a straw for my shake. We had way to much fun with that. Imagine trying to slurp that stuff from an open cup with your whole mouth completely numb ;D ;D :D

Linny

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2010, 12:08:24 AM »

When I was talking after the procedure, my husband told me I looked like Sly Stallone! One half of my face was numb and didn't move when I talked!  :D

Silvia Martin

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2010, 10:19:51 AM »

I told the dentist before he started that I was afraid to have my whole moth numb,because I thought i wouldn't be able to swallow. He said that he would do some and then ask if i was ok to procede.  :-\
He said even though i was sedated I was still able to respond. Sure enough the only thing i remember after the IV was put in was him asking me if i was ok and me nodding.Wow.   

Vangie

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2010, 11:30:26 AM »

Craig,
Check in with us when you feel up to it and let us know how you're doing.  My husband will be going thru the same thing soon--he's avoided dentists for over 15 years and just went on Monday.  I'm very proud of him for making follow up appointments for next week considering how much he haaaaaaates it.  Thank goodness for VISA--our insurance only goes so far when that long since last visit. ;)

Funny story for you:  I had all four wisdom teeth out years back and I was doped up just enough to start laughing at the dentist as he had pliers in my mouth--he was gritting his teeth and straining and pulling, he was really going to it!  He asked me what was so funny, and I slurred something to the effect that I bet he thought when he went to dental school that he was getting out of doing manual labor for a living.  He started laughing so hard that he had to quit for a couple of minutes, and the novacaine was wearing off anyway--so he had to shoot me up again and come back when it took effect to finish up.  My ride had a scheduling mixup, so I was fixture at the dentist's office until someone could leave work to come get me--about 3 hours AFTER the teeth were out--the dental office ladies were like, here, please stay in the Dr.'s private office and relax on his couch, (translation: please don't scare away our patients with your bloody gauzy mouth and swollen jaws).  It was a long, drawn out experience, but pretty funny looking back.  It was my birthday that weekend--my mom has a great picture of a chipmunk holding a birthday cake. 

Prayers that you have a better day!
Vangie

Samson

« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2010, 12:05:09 PM »

Hey Craig,

Hope you survived with your Teeth(no pun intended) and Nerves intact. This You-Tube below is for you, hopefully these weren't your Dentist(s).  ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcELyKkOAak

Nyuck, Nyuck, Nyuck, Samson.

Linny

« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2010, 12:56:38 PM »

Thanks Samson,
After my rough morning, that was a welcome laugh!  :D

Craig

• There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2010, 05:53:09 PM »

Owwww,

Still not feeling well.  Everything went well, didn't remember a thing.  The pain after is bad though, even with the pain meds.

Samson, my funny bone isn't up to the video yet ;)

Vangie, tell you husband the procedure is not bad at all, I had this done my birthday weekend also.

Gotta go lay down again.

Thanks for all of your thoughts and prayers.

Craig

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2010, 01:13:46 AM »

Am glad you made it through Craig. Be well friend

Deb

cjwood

« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2010, 06:06:27 PM »

also glad to hear it is over craig, and that you made it through. good thing none of us need our 'wisdom teeth' in this ole world.  :D   take advantage of the pain meds craig.   8)

claudia

Silvia Martin

« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2010, 03:30:01 PM »

Hey cjwood,
do I see a metaphor here? Wisdom teeth....wisdom of the world...extracted...no need for, in the way...painful ( no need for explanation) ;D.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 23 queries.