bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What was the the Sin of Ham against Noah  (Read 4804 times)

cheekie3

What was the the Sin of Ham against Noah
« on: January 31, 2010, 10:34:58 AM »

Hi -

Can anyone confirm what sin Ham committed against his Father Noah; and why did Noah curse Ham's son Canaan.

I know some have said that it was a sexual sin whereby Ham slept with Noah's wife while Noah was asleep; and I assume that the union brought forth a son for Ham named Canaan.

I have not found any Scriptural evidence to support this or anything else.

Regards, cheekie3

Vangie

Re: What was the the Sin of Ham against Noah
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2010, 02:34:30 PM »

Gen 9:20 ¶ And Noah began [to be] an husbandman, and he planted a vineyard:  
Gen 9:21   And he drank of the wine, and was drunken; and he was uncovered within his tent.  
Gen 9:22   And Ham, the father of Canaan, saw the nakedness of his father, and told his two brethren without.  
Gen 9:23   And Shem and Japheth took a garment, and laid [it] upon both their shoulders, and went backward, and covered the nakedness of their father; and their faces [were] backward, and they saw not their father's nakedness.  
Gen 9:24 ¶ And Noah awoke from his wine, and knew what his younger son had done unto him.  

Based on the above scriptural account, I think gossiping and not honoring his father are among Ham's sins here.  If you found your dad asleep, drunk and naked, would you discreetly cover him up and keep your mouth shut, or would you run and blab to your brothers about it and embarrass and disrespect your father further?  

Shem and Japheth showed love, respect and honor in their actions regarding the situation.  
« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 06:35:04 AM by Vangie »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 20 queries.