bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Nana  (Read 6604 times)

Jennie

Nana
« on: January 31, 2010, 12:22:30 PM »

I am going to be a Nana!!!! We found out on Christmas Day. It made anything wrapped up in boxes nothing as this news is a miracle in the making! Much love to all, Jennie

Stacey

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Nana
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2010, 01:17:33 PM »

Congratulations! When my wife and I found out that we were going to be grandparents we each decided what we wanted to be, Grandma and Grandpa, Maw-maw and Paw-paw, you know all the names. I kept with the family tradition of Paw-paw but my wife went with Nana like you, again, congrats!  :)
Stacey

Ninny

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2010, 01:33:40 PM »

hey Jennie! I've missed you! Yaaay!! having a new grandbaby is so exciting!! and the first?  it's the best feeling...wow!! I was there for the birth of 5 of my 6 grandchildren and actually videoed the birth of 4 of them!! woo-hoo!! I was going to be "Nanny" , but my first grandson changed that to "Ninny" when he was about 11 months old and I'm still a Ninny after 12 years!! ha!! :D That is the greatest news! I will pray that all goes well and you will be the best Nana ever!! \o/
Kathy, uh..Ninny ;)

Lupac

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2010, 02:22:14 PM »

Congratulations... I built the computer I'm using myself. So I know how you feel. ( 8) lol)

Linny

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2010, 07:12:59 PM »

Congratulations Jennie! It is so wonderful to see future Nana's so excited. I wish my mom had felt this way. It makes the pregnancy thing so much more fun for the new mommy! You will be a great Nana!
Blessings, Lin

rockrdude

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2010, 07:59:21 PM »

Congratulations Jennie!

I'm excited for you. I'm a new Grandpa myself. My granddaughter was born earlier this month (she's CUTE!). I hope to get to meet her someday soon. :)

Samson

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2010, 10:07:27 AM »

I am going to be a Nana!!!! We found out on Christmas Day. It made anything wrapped up in boxes nothing as this news is a miracle in the making! Much love to all, Jennie

Congratulations Jennie,

Hope everything goes well for your coming Grandchild ! Personally, I'm too young to be a GrandParent, but when it comes to producing prospective Grand Children, others might have different plans,  ;D.

Kind Regards, Samson.

mmijares

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2010, 02:06:20 AM »

Congrats Jennie!

If you're a Nana...I'm a Dada to my two kids!  ;D

-Mijares

Jennie

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2010, 11:06:34 AM »

My daughter chose Nana for me because my Mama was "Nana" to her so it is like in memory of my Mama! Michael will be Papa. We will find out Tues. what the sex is. I can't stop myself from being drawn to the baby section of any store I go into! Much love to you all from my cold mountains, Jennie

OBrenda

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2010, 03:51:39 PM »

Congratulations!!

I had no idea how much I would love being a Nana, or in my case....."Mem'a"
Which is French for grandmother.  You will be greatly blessed! 
So happy for you  :)

Jennie

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2010, 09:47:53 AM »

We just found out... a baby boy!!!!!!! His name will be Axel Slade and I cnnot wait to hold him in my arms! He was waving his little arms around in the pictures and doing all those little growing baby things they do! The due date was moved up to June 27. Now my birthday is June 26 so................!!!!!!!He already is a miracle baby as my daughter just came off the cancer controller drugs this past summer. She has a little over 5 years since the surgeries and is considered cancer free. We never thought she would be able to conceive . Even the doctors were surprised! It just goes to show that God has plans that we as human beings cannot even imagine sometimes! Now this old Nana has to go have my little devotional time for the day and get my old bones warm! Much love to you all and please continue to pray for both of my little ones, Jennie

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2010, 01:48:08 PM »

God has plans that we as human beings cannot even imagine
;D :)

What wonderful news about Axel! Welcome!

Warm thoughts going out to you and yours.

Arc.

Linny

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2010, 12:28:33 AM »

Jennie, I am so happy for your daughter! Having spent 5 1/2 yrs trying to conceive before we got pregnant, I know the heartache she must have gone through. What an incredible blessing for all of you!  ;D

Roy Coates

« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2010, 12:33:50 AM »

Blessing to you and your new addition. Praise God

Jennie

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2010, 11:27:04 AM »

His nursery is coming along so well. My brother which will be Axel's great Uncle is building a custom designed baby bed for him. He is so good at carpentry and has built several custon pieces for clients. I think that will make it so much more special .... knowing that Great Uncle built it for him. I have been sewing and sewing but loving every moment of it. I hope so that Michael's Mama makes it to see this little one born. She is fading fast and all I know how to do is comfort her the best I can.... hold her when she cries, feed her what little she can eat and anything else that comes with terminal illness.
I went in the creek the other day. The water was running high and I couldn't resist although the temp. was maybe around 40 degrees. I couldn't go deeper than my knees.That water was so cold it just hurt but it was fun! Much love to you all from my cold mountains! Jennie

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2010, 11:50:18 AM »

Hey Jennie

It is good to see you in and out of the Forum again.

If I recall, you love cooking too right? Or is it OTHERS LOVE your cooking! :)

The sewing and loving every moment of it as you observe the changes on the mountain, sounds so beautiful. New life is beautiful!

Thank you for sharing

Arc
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 11:51:57 AM by Arcturus »

Ninny

« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2010, 11:52:24 AM »

HI Jennie!
I know you're having fun! woo-hoo!! I love searching out cool things for babies...my youngest grandbaby is now 19 months old!! hard to believe!! We have taken pictures of my younger son's 4 boys all about this age in a pair of coveralls  with their little baseball caps turned around backwards and a couple of days ago I just took the one of the 19 month old in his get up!! So adorable!!! Grand kids are a blast!! It's funny the first 2 boys are about 2 1/2 years apart and the 2 little ones are about 2 years apart...my son took the picture of the first grandson in that little outfit and they saved the coveralls and the hat...when the 2nd boy came along, I got to take the next picture! It was funny..they got rid of everything because that was going to be the last child! Then 6 years later...another boy!! well we had to buy a new pair of coveralls and a new hat!  Well they didn't get rid of that stuff, even though this one WAS going to be the last child...BUT 2 years later....ANOTHER boy!!! ha!! My daughter-in-law said "God has a really good sense of humor!!" Anyway...I got to take all the rest of the pictures and man it wasn't easy!! These two little ones were NOT cooperating on their picture day!! BUT I got cute pictures and now...we've got 4 pictures of 4 little hayseed farmers!! Priceless! My son took the first picture just because it was a fun little scene in his "overhauls" as my parents called them! ha!! Well, you can see how things become a tradition!!  :D

BTW..My niece had decided to get pregnant again after having had her tubes tied for a number of years...she got pregnant and the doctor discover she had cancer! If they hadn't had the baby the cancer would probably have been discovered much later...but now she's cancer free and her baby is a toddler and so cute! Blessings come in all different ways!!  :)
Have fun with the preparations!!!
Kathy ;)

Jennie

« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2010, 11:14:18 AM »

Thanks to  you all and yes I love cooking! I am fixing to go in there and get some biscuits and gravy, bacon and eggs and some cinnamon apples cooked up. It is Michael's day off . Since he goes in at 4 every morning we don't get to eat together very much. Tonights supper will be ham shanks, fried okra, cornbread, potatoes, corn on the cobb( with paprika butter), pintos and a peanut butter pie for dessert... and of course ....sweet tea! I cook for Michael's parents every night too.  For some reason.... Michael doesn't get fat from eating this way. I guess we are just used to it since it was what we were raised on.Ya'll have a wonderful day and much love from my mountains, Jennie

Ninny

« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2010, 11:31:45 AM »

Jennie...that makes me think of Hee-Haw YUM! YUM!!
If I ate all that...oh yeah, I'd be fat...but I'd be happy! :)
Kathy ;)

Jennie

« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2010, 12:45:46 PM »

It is sort of like "hee haw"! Just a bunch of old mountain folks that just love living , laughing and eating together! And for tonight.... pork roast, pinto beans, fried potatoes, biscuits and gravy, sweet tea and a spice cake for dessert! Love to all, Jennie
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 22 queries.