bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The bible a mystery  (Read 4612 times)

Roy Martin

The bible a mystery
« on: February 01, 2010, 10:49:18 AM »

I've been on the thought of wondering how the bible is a mystery, of how God makes it this way.
 I know that His words are Spirit and that we have to be in Spirit for the mystery to be revealed to us, and that we receive it just a little at a time, or that's how it works for me anyway.
 I don't know any pastors or even heard of any that doesn't teach that LOF is eternal torment, and that we choose our own destiny. All of them teach this, and all of their followers believe it because they hear it and see it with their own eyes as they read it. Since all of these many believe in the same thing, it leaves me with nothing but the truth that they are wrong because the bible is a mystery that few are chosen to see. We are definitely the few that  sees and believes something different.
 My point is the bible wouldn't be a mystery if everyone could see it and believe in the same thing as the masses do.
 Gods power goes way beyond description. Its amazing.

Peace
Roy

Deborah-Leigh

Re: The bible a mystery
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2010, 01:09:43 PM »

Gods power goes way beyond description. Its amazing.

True. God has the power to keep the multitudes in the dark! He has the Word also to say, let there be light!

God can do anything, any time, any where.

Arc

Kat

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2010, 03:29:12 PM »

Hi Roy,

To me the Bible is a most complicated book.  It has history and truthful accounts, yet there are many parables and the paradox of hell is the big thing that blinds so many.  There is an older topic 'God is Hell???' actually a play on words, but it still gets a lot of hits.  It is absolutely amazing how the same book, the very same words that are the truths of God (for the chosen), yet it is so badly misunderstood (by the called). Truly a mystery that only God can preform.

2Th 2:11  Therefore God sends upon them a strong delusion, to make them believe what is false,
v. 12  so that all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

That is the way it is for now, the world is deceived. The truth truly is hidden in plain sight.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

bambam

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2010, 06:00:23 PM »

I sat in church this week, while the preacher preached from matt 24.  I couldn't refute what he was saying at the time(in my mind that is), and I came away discouraged.  This mystery can be frustrating sometimes.  I still have so much to learn and asked God last night to help me.  The people in church are seemingly so decieved and truly believe what they are teaching that it really discouraged me.  If I can't explain why they are wrong than maybe I am wrong.  At least that's what went through my head.  But they wouldn't believe me even if I could explain it all right? 

I am in a frustrating moment.  So badly want to move on to other things but feeling guilty to those I would be leaving behind, and especially feeling like I am stuck in this situation-albeit for a reason.  Then of course I feel like I have got to have a complete scriptural answer for every reason I want to walk away from the institution that is so decieved.  And I don't because it takes time to learn, and I have alot to learn!!  Then I want to study all the time, but I can't do that with a family of six to care for.  Just having one of those days, but every time I come here lately, there is a topic that applies to the things I am styudying.  Lately I have been talking to my husband about the whole institutional balogney that goes on at church.  Of course I didn't put it like that.  I do have lots of scripture but so does he.  I just know what my heart feels-my spirit.  and scripture doesn't contradict! 

I can't see it all-I am praying that I continue to learn and do not get discouraged! 

Beth

darren

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2010, 03:47:39 AM »

Beth, you said you know what your heart-spirit feels. Go with it. It's the Truth dragging you to Him and away from the system. The lies. God has you right where you need to be. As far as seeing (it) all, I don't think any of us has seen (it) all.

Darren

aqrinc

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2010, 03:20:33 PM »

Hi Roy & Beth,

Rather than write this again:
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,11153.msg96333.html#msg96333

See if this older thread i started a while ago helps. Yes Scripture is a Mystery, it is coded and only when you get the key for any part; can you start to understand it. Those Keys come from The Spirit Of GOD, The Comforter, our Lord Jesus Christ.

I quote one instance, there are several in The NT.

Joh 14:26 (MKJV)
But the Comforter, the Holy Spirit whom the Father will send in My name, He shall teach you all things and bring all things to your remembrance, whatever I have said to you.

george :).

bambam

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2010, 04:36:39 PM »

Thanks so much.  My heart has been encouraged!
Beth

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2010, 04:55:01 AM »

I am glad you are feeling better Beth. :)

aqrinc

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2010, 06:25:55 PM »

I am glad you are feeling better Beth. :)

Ditto Beth.

george ;D.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 17 queries.