bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What to do with our young children  (Read 3678 times)

mmijares

What to do with our young children
« on: February 02, 2010, 02:12:07 AM »

I would like to ask inputs on how you will spiritually raise your young kids now that you are called out from Babylonian church.

Thanks in advance!

-Mijares  :)

Linny

Re: What to do with our young children
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2010, 08:25:34 PM »

We have a 12 yr old and a 9 yr old. We just talk about the truths of Gods Word and point out the lies of the church. It is a daily conversation between my husband and I and they hear it all the time.
Plus, I homeschool, so I can teach them there as well.
We find the lies hidden in a lot of what we read and we discuss them.
They know that they believe differently than their peers about God. They do not speak up and correct at this point in their lives and walk but I imagine the time will come when they will be led to do so.
Neither one has missed going to church.  ;)

Blessings, Lin

mmijares

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2010, 09:26:00 AM »

Hi Lin,

So do you kind of hold a bible study for your children on a daily basis?

Thanks,
-Mij

Ninny

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2010, 09:33:37 AM »

mij,
I knew Lin could give you some advice! I hope you have good success! It's hard to bring children up in this world..it's kind of scary, but God wants us to be bold and not to fear!!  :D
Kathy :)

Linny

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2010, 01:37:22 PM »

Mij,
Not a structured one daily, but often. I have a book of bible stories that my little one reads to me. It has the twists and turns of the church in it so we get to discuss it right then. Since they hang out with Christian friends, I think they have to know what they believe vs. what we believe so this gives us a way to see that.
My oldest does Kay Arthur bible studies with me. Precepts is her ministry and it was a starting point for me to get interested in really digging into the Word. It also has church lies in it so we discuss it but at least it is more a way to study on your own.

The most important thing we do is the daily talking about what we believe. We never used to talk so much about the Lord as we do now. Unlearning makes for tons of conversation.
Sometimes in the car (we live far out and do a lot of driving) I'll just ask them a question to see if they can answer it. Makes for interesting car trips.

Roy Coates

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2010, 04:59:40 PM »

We do the best we can, trusting in God for inspiration to guide me in guiding them. God will sustain you, your in my prayers.

mmijares

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2010, 11:54:40 PM »

Thanks Roy, Kathy, Lin for the input!

I'll start in making my kid (the older one) to read some bible stories.  When it becomes a habit, I'll start injecting some explanation.

-Mij
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 20 queries.