bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: making a move  (Read 5201 times)

darren

making a move
« on: February 02, 2010, 03:37:01 PM »

Greetings to all, This week will be the most important week of my life (thus far). I will be buying a house that sits on 5 acres of prime land. This will be the 5Th move we will have made since Katrina. This is a very big deal. The biggest of my life. The responsibility of putting up such a large amount of money is overwhelming. Needless to say I am, well, I am scared to death. I do need all the prayers that I can get from my BT family. I have been praying for a place we can settle down and start a new life since Katrina. We have been like nomads going from one place to another for 4yrs. Anyway, I just wanted to say thank you to my BT family for all your kindness and love and I will keep y'all informed  of my situation. Oh yea Kat I will be in your neck of the woods. Carrie Miss. I think that's close to you. I just thought of something. The Saints in the Super bowl, me moving into my own home. Indeed, The Lord work in mysterious ways.

Thanks and God Bless all,

Darren

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: making a move
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2010, 03:49:34 PM »

my dear brother darren,
my prayer for you and your family has been sent. what an exciting time it is for you (and the saints). wow, 5 acres. what is the land like? do you have to maintain it or is it natural habitat? just take it all one day at a time, and i pray the Holy Spirit will guide you with each step.

claudia

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2010, 04:39:08 PM »

Hello darren

It is the Lord  Who has given the provision. It is the Lord Who appointed each move you made.
It is the Lord showing His charge over your life. It is wonderful news you bring!

Act 17:26  And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;
Arc

OBrenda

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2010, 04:51:00 PM »

Hi Darren,

Praying for you, moving is quite "unsettling"....Pun intended ;)

Sounds Lovely!
Brenda

Kat

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2010, 04:58:43 PM »

Hi Darren,

Well that sounds like a great thing for your family. I hope that all that's involved in this move and the changes, go as smoothly as possible.

Now where is that town?  The only 'Carrie' I could find was near Jackson.  Hey my daughter lives there, but that is a far piece from me, as I live on the coast.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

darren

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2010, 06:21:06 PM »

thank you for all your kind words and prayers.
Claudia, 3 acres are clear and free of woods and debris. The 2 acres in the back are woods with a creek running through it.
Brenda, thank you and yes it is unsettling. It's down right nerve racking.
Arc: Yes The Lord is in charge and nothing happens without His hand. I thank Him everyday when I wake up and everynight before bed.
Kat: it;s called Carrie Miss. If your going toward Pic. from Slidell it would be a few exists be for Pic. its about 30 min from Slidell.
Were going to look again at the place and give it a good going over. Must be sure everything is good and  we don't have any suprises waiting in the wings.

Darren

Ninny

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2010, 06:30:49 PM »

Darren, It will be nice to get settled again I know! My prayers are for peace!! Glad you're going to have a home again!  :D
Kathy ;)

Vangie

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2010, 08:15:44 PM »

Congratulations Darren--it sounds like you're well on your way to some well deserved stability.  Hoping and praying that all goes smoothly in the move.  (You buy the beer and we'll pack and help load the truck! ;))

Thank you for sharing your news with us.

Love in Christ,
Vangie

Linny

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2010, 08:21:01 PM »

Darren,
Congratulations! Try to enjoy this blessing and not worry too much. How exciting for you guys!
It sounds wonderful. Woods in the back usually means deer in the yard in our part of the country!
Love seeing deer early in the morning or in the evening out grazing.
Blessings, Lin

Rene

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2010, 11:33:25 PM »

Hi Darren,

I'm delighted to hear you and your family are about to put down roots and settle into a new home. I can only imagine how difficult it's been since hurricane Katrina, but it's encouraging to see how you've endured and now are blessed to start anew.

Don't be afraid and just continue to trust in the Lord.

René

darren

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2010, 01:05:24 AM »

Rene: thanks, Yes it has been difficult since Katrina.
Lin: I would love to see a deer.
Vangie: You have a deal. I call you in a few days (LOL)
Kathy: Thanks for your kind words

Just a side note: Ray said that he thanks God for everything. Until I lost everything It never occurred to me to thank God for the smallest of conforts. My bed, a nice pillow to lay my head, ac and heat. Things of this nature. I always thank him for the big things, house, car, job etc, etc. but now I realize without the little things the big things would not be. Just a thought. At times, one gets caught up in the daily grind which is our lives and might forget about the little things. Anyway, thanks to all for your kind words and heart felt concern. God bless y'all.

Darren

Kat

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2010, 01:24:46 PM »

Oh I see, you are going to be on the west side of the Miss coast and I am on the east side.  Yep that is a big step in my direction.  Once you are settled in good we will have to meet somewhere for lunch  :)

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Roy Coates

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2010, 01:44:01 PM »

Praise God Darren, that sounds wonderful(except the stress) Peace to you and yours.

Silvia Martin

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2010, 10:00:10 AM »

Hi Darren,

Oooh, that sounds sooo exiting  ;D. Yes it's stressy, but that's the good kind. Just have fun with it. It is so rewarding to take an empty ole house and make it a home :). I remember the take out pick nicks we had on the living room floor amidst all our boxes. The kids thought that was so cool ::).

God bless,

Silvia   

gmik

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2010, 12:39:44 PM »

Congrats Darren.  God Blesses us, not because we deserve it, but because He cares for you.  Be happy!

OBrenda

« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2010, 03:36:44 PM »

Darren,

I was just thinking that your dogs will love having all that room to run around on.
Please update us with your progress!!!

:)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 23 queries.