bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Favorite Star War Scenes  (Read 13569 times)

Samson

Favorite Star War Scenes
« on: February 02, 2010, 07:28:55 PM »

Hi,

Most people that really know me, know that I enjoy The Star War Movie(s) Saga. My Wife knows, Brenda Knows, My Daughters know and now you know. When Pam and I met, that was the first Movie we went to see: Revenge of the Sith( I had many unanwered questions like: 1) How did the Emperor's face get contorted. 2) How were the Jedi defeated. Some other questions too. See some of my favorite scenes below fro You-Tube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_syAMucq00

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSwy412nttI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-IE4Zsznco

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frCIQfpMOyo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HS1mr2ty8bU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UQ-pHa87Gc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6_dxW4NpDU

Samson.

Ninny

Re: Favorite Star War Scenes
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2010, 07:42:00 PM »

Ahhhh, Speaking my language, now you are!!  ;D
Kathy ;)

rockrdude

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2010, 08:08:08 PM »

My biggest unanswered Star Wars question:

Why Jar-Jar Binks?  ::)

Samson

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2010, 08:16:23 PM »

My biggest unanswered Star Wars question:

Why Jar-Jar Binks?  ::)

I don't know why Jonathan, Jar Jar Binks is an imcompetent Idiot, perhaps to appeal to younger fans, otherwise there's no point to his presence.

Samson.

Lupac

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2010, 04:09:15 AM »

I like some of the Star Wars movies. The very first one, (Episode 4) was okay. The Empire Strikes back is my favorite, and the best, I think. Return of the Jedi was good, but the Ewoks, WHY? The new ones however, Episode 1: one name: Jar-Jar! Why oh why? Episode two had nothing going for it ether. (Except Christopher Lee.) Episode 3, it was okay, better than the two before it, but non of them were as good as TESB. (The Empire Strikes Back.)

rockrdude

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2010, 08:23:22 AM »

They're all better than the dreadful "Star Wars Holiday Special" which I have preserved to DVD in case I am ever required to administer torture to hardened criminals.  ;D

Extol

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2010, 11:46:06 AM »

A couple weeks ago my brother and I were playing a game where he had to guess the 100 highest-grossing movies of all time (adjusted for inflation). The three old ones were all in the top 15, and the prequels were on the list later. He's a big fan but I've never seen any of them.  :D

OBrenda

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2010, 01:38:38 PM »

Yes a big Fan with you Samson!

Had the same feelings about Jar Jar Binks... ::)

The funniest scene was when Yoda was fighting and flipping around!!!!!!  ;D ;D

Chuck

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2010, 04:29:03 PM »

Huge fan here.  Just finished reading the "Darth Bane" series.  I thought it was well written. 
My brother likes to say that SW changed his life!   ;)

musicman

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2010, 07:35:02 PM »

Ninny

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2010, 07:55:19 PM »

Poor Jar-Jar!! What a horrible way to go!!!  :o

Samson

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2010, 09:36:10 PM »

Huge fan here.  Just finished reading the "Darth Bane" series.  I thought it was well written. 

I have and read those Darth Bane Books too, thought they were well written, also.

Samson.

Vangie

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2010, 10:32:37 AM »

Stacey

« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2010, 01:35:35 PM »

I like all the scenes you posted Samson but my favorite is this one. Don't know why.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPLXwrj7i7Q&feature=related
Stacey

Akira329

• "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2010, 01:29:24 AM »

I have and read those Darth Bane Books too, thought they were well written, also.

Samson.

Star Wars Mythology runs deep! I had no clue about all these other characters!

Antaiwan
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus

deftarchangel

« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2010, 02:03:10 AM »

I like all the scenes you posted Samson but my favorite is this one. Don't know why.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPLXwrj7i7Q&feature=related

I know why.  Because it's rocks!  Darth Maul was the best.

I'll never forgive Lucas for ruining one of my all time favourite scenes.  It's the one where, at the end of ROTJ, when Anakin is seen restored alongside Obi Wan and Yoda.  In the original 1983 version, I thought it was perfect when you see Anakin as an old man, looking lovingly and proudly at Luke for not succumbing to the dark side like he did, and saving him in the end.  In the 2006 version, Lucas replaced Sebastian Shaw (the actor who played the older Anakin in the ’83 film) with Hayden Christensen.  Made no sense, and totally ruined the moment for me.  Mind you, I never liked Hayden as Anakin in the first place.  I never felt that his Anakin had any real chemistry with either McGregor’s Obi Wan or Portman’s Amidala.  I think Hayden’s a fine actor, it’s just that he was totally wrong for the role.

Anyways, I’m done venting!

:)

Dawidos

« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2010, 09:17:54 AM »

I'm also a fan of the Star Wars Universe. I saw all movies and I'm collecting all books and comics published in Poland. I hope I won't sound blasphemous when I use some quotes from the Star Wars movies in reference to our Lord.

Original: Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not. For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is. Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. You must feel the Force around you; here, between you, me, the tree, the rock, everywhere, yes. Even between the land and the ship.

Modified: Appearance matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my appearance, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not. For my ally is the God, and a powerful ally He is. Life creates He, makes He grow. His spirit surrounds us and binds us. Spiritual beings are we, not this crude matter. You must feel the God around you; here, between you, me, the tree, the rock, everywhere, yes. Even between the land and the Church :) :)

Comment: I changed size into appearance, because of importance of this Scripture: (...)for God sees not as man sees, for man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart -  1 Samuel 16:7.

Original:: Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.

Modified Sin is the path to the second death. Sin leads to unrepetance. Unrepetance leads to Lake of Fire. Lake of Fire leads to Righteousness.

Comment: I hope that sequence of events is correct more or less.

GinaMilan

« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2010, 02:52:48 PM »

Unrepetance leads to Lake of Fire. Lake of Fire leads to Righteousness.

Makes sense to me!

Hey, David:  I know this is totally off topic but, speaking of Poland, I came across Anna Maria Jopek on youtube searching for Pat Metheny about 2 years ago  (she was singing with his band).  I especially like Tam, gdzie nie siega wzrok.

Gina

Astrapho

« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2010, 04:39:38 PM »

I want a lightsaber!!!  ;D ;D

Cypress

• I <3 jj81
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2010, 05:04:55 PM »

Awesome thread. I LOVE Star Wars! Star Wars is second on my list...second to Superman! (Superman the Movie and Superman II)

My favorites are Return of the Jedi and Revenge of the Sith. I think it's such a great story. I love the ending, when Anakin is restored and he's with Obi Wan and Yoda :).
Elaine
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 22 queries.