bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Favorite Star War Scenes  (Read 14170 times)

Dawidos

Re: Favorite Star War Scenes
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2010, 05:30:20 AM »

Hey, David:  I know this is totally off topic but, speaking of Poland, I came across Anna Maria Jopek on youtube searching for Pat Metheny about 2 years ago  (she was singing with his band).  I especially like Tam, gdzie nie siega wzrok.

Though I'm not interested in music, I know this artist, but didn't know she was singing with a foreign guitarist/ composer. This song you mentioned is present on this album http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Upojenie. Its 2008 re-edition can be bought all around the world. Probably not difficult to find in America. :)

My favorites are Return of the Jedi and Revenge of the Sith. I think it's such a great story. I love the ending, when Anakin is restored and he's with Obi Wan and Yoda .

Same as you, Cypress, but I'll add to this list The Empire Strikes Back as well :) I like especially the motif called free will vs destiny. In TESB Yoda stated Always in motion is the future, but in ROTS Anakin saw the future - his dying wife and decided to do everything to save her. But it was his actions and deeds after making this decision that brought the final outcome seen in this vision. It may be said that all his actions had already been predestined by The Force (God in the Star Wars universe). To summarize, you'll find many examples in SW that speak in favor of the one side of this debate.

By the way it is very common in many arts (books, movies, tv-series, comic books) that when you want to change the future at any cost, you will only make all this happen as it has been planned.

« Last Edit: June 20, 2010, 05:42:01 AM by Dawidos »

jassy

« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2010, 02:59:41 PM »

I want a lightsaber!!!  ;D ;D

I had one, but my dad took it away from me.   

Dawidos

« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2010, 04:09:51 PM »

Why :)?

jassy

« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2010, 12:41:26 PM »

Why :)?

He believed I was heading towards the dark side. There were sibling injurys, angry neighbours, but  nobody proved a thing.   ???

Samson

« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2010, 01:29:10 PM »

Dawidos,

Here's another one of my Favorite Star War Scenes from Revenge of the Sith.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhVRku1WA7o

Kind Regards, Samson.

Dawidos

« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2010, 04:42:20 PM »

He believed I was heading towards the dark side. There were sibling injurys, angry neighbours, but  nobody proved a thing.  
Jassy. When did it happen? Was it a lightsaber with a red blade? If yes, maybe your dad has regarded you as a Sith ;) :D

Dawidos,

Here's another one of my Favorite Star War Scenes from Revenge of the Sith.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhVRku1WA7o

Kind Regards, Samson.
Wow. It was a really powerful and emotional scene. Great acting, by the way :) And so meaningful for the Star Wars mythos. Samson, how do you rate the scene, when Obi-Wan is yelling at burning Anakin? It was so sad and poignant.

Kind regards
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 04:46:33 PM by Dawidos »

jassy

« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2010, 06:43:45 PM »

He believed I was heading towards the dark side. There were sibling injurys, angry neighbours, but  nobody proved a thing.  
Jassy. When did it happen? Was it a lightsaber with a red blade? If yes, maybe your dad has regarded you as a Sith ;) :D

Dawidos, if my dad had known what a Sith was when I was a teen he might surely have suspected me of  being one.

I am a fan of the older 3 starwars episodes. The new ones, although with superb special effects, seem to lack the magic and humanity. Although I could have done without the irritating robots, teddy bears and doughnuts either side of  the princesses head.

Dawidos

« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2010, 11:36:05 AM »

Jassy

We all know that nothing is perfect, with the exception of God :)

Anyway, I've been wondering who should take credit for creating Star Wars. George Lucas or God ;)? We know that God gives us talent and creativity, but does He care what this talent or creativity produce? I'll try with an easier example. We are inspired to write a song. Inspiration comes from God, but what about the lyrics of this song? Are they our creation?   

Cypress

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • I <3 jj81
« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2010, 02:52:24 PM »

Judge me by my size, do you?
Elaine
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 18 queries.