bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone seen Avatar?  (Read 6416 times)

Lupac

Anyone seen Avatar?
« on: February 03, 2010, 03:00:19 PM »

I saw it in theaters, in 3D! It was pretty good, the story wasn't the most original, but I liked the characters, and the visuals! {expletive deleted}, they were pretty awesome. All in all, I'd definitely see it again. And when I finish building The Matrix (Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that.) I'll build a world even cooler than Pandora.  8) So, that's all.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 06:51:01 PM by Dave in Tenn »

Ninny

Re: Anyone seen Avatar?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2010, 03:17:56 PM »

I saw Avatar twice! In 3D and in 2D or whatever the regular way is called!! I loved it..to me it was a love story, and a story about understanding other people's ways, with a lot of really cool action interspersed!!...good movie..not a really original script, yeah, but good still yet! I got a little motion sick watching the 3D version..I let my teenage niece and nephew talk me into sitting right up front...half the time I had to close my eyes to keep from getting sick!! ha ha! Old people shouldn't sit right up front and watch in 3D!! I had fun with my niece and nephew, though!!!  :-X :D
Kathy ;)

OBrenda

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2010, 03:25:58 PM »

Yes enjoyed it very much!!!

Chuck

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2010, 04:27:48 PM »

I enjoyed the movie as well. 

mmijares

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2010, 11:48:33 PM »

Man, I've been trying to tag my wife to watch that in 3D.....since early this year!!  And she keeps on telling me NO.. NO.. NO!  Apparently she doesn't want to leave our 4-yr old with her younger sister for more than 4 hours (2.5 hours viewing + travel time to and for theatre)..... *sigh*

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2010, 12:53:39 AM »

Dear Sighing mmijares,

That is not good, not good at all.
Your wife need to see this show.
So, to get things started just put your four year old out in the yard for a couple of hours in his snow suit and watch him through the window to make sure he doesn't molest the neighbor's dog. Or put the younger sister out there with him and watch them both.

Then bring them back in and get an adult woman to come over to the house to watch the sister while you go to the movie. Your wife will appreciate the exercise and the sister will become a much better sitter.

We had four kids and they all survived.

Indianabob

Fester

• Yes a pancake!
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2010, 09:46:55 AM »

If I see another movie about a big bad evil corporation going head to head with some spiritual tree huggers ... GAG!
"Christianity began as a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. When it went to Athens, it became a philosophy. When it went to Rome, it became an organization. When it went to Europe, it became a culture. When it came to America, it became a business."

gmik

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2010, 07:12:41 PM »

I am with you Fester!!!

Lupac

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2010, 11:53:18 PM »

If I see another movie about a big bad evil corporation going head to head with some spiritual tree huggers ... GAG!

You forgot about the big bad military too!

Ninny

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2010, 06:20:50 PM »

But what about the love story part of it?? :(
Kathy ;)

Linny

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2010, 07:22:02 PM »

Loved it.  ;D
It had the feel/story of Dances with Wolves set in a sci-fi genre.
But the message of greed and power that corrupts our world and harms anyone that gets in its way is a message that rings true to me as it is the history of the entire world and yes, America too.  :'( :-[

firefly77

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2010, 11:46:48 AM »

But the message of greed and power that corrupts our world and harms anyone that gets in its way is a message that rings true to me as it is the history of the entire world and yes, America too.

Linny,
I totally agree. I personally loved the movie; I watched it twice already.
Angie

shaine

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2010, 12:57:58 AM »

I thought it was a great movie... Pretty much anything Jim Cameron makes is gold.

Stacey

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2010, 11:41:20 PM »

I know this is digging up an old topic but my wife and I just seen Avatar in 3D today. I was starting to think that we were not going to see it at all since it took 3 trips to the Theator to finally get to watch the movie.

Our first trip to the Theator we paid, went in, waited for it to start, waited some more, a manager comes in say's the problem is a bulb and it will be fixed shortly, wait, wait, another manager comes in and says it will be tomarrow and gives us a rain check.

The next day we go back to the Theator, its still broke, could have avoided that trip all together if they would have answered the phone.

Finally, today, we go to a different Theator and guess what? We get to see the Movie!

We both enjoyed it very much.
Stacey

markn902

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2010, 07:36:46 PM »

I saw it in 2D  :(  Wanted to see it in 3D but the theater I went to did not have that option. Great movie though
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 18 queries.