bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Marques...  (Read 7752 times)

Ninny

Marques...
« on: February 03, 2010, 06:22:39 PM »

Does anyone know if Marques is ok...I sent him a message yesterday and he didn't answer..which is unusual for him..I looked and he hasn't been on in like 10 days! Is he ok? I am just a little worried about him... ???
If anyone knows let me know cause I am a worrier!!  :(
Kathy

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Re: Marques...
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2010, 06:29:16 PM »

Just taking a little time off I suspect.

Craig

Ninny

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2010, 06:36:43 PM »

I hope so! Sorry to be a bother, but you gotta keep up with people! Especially when you're nosy like me!!   ;)
Kathy  :)

G. Driggs

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2010, 08:46:43 PM »

I was wondering the same thing Kathy. Like Craig said, prolly just taking a break, but Marques is a warrior, fighting the good fight of faith, he'll be back Im sure. ;)

G.Driggs

daywalker

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2010, 09:02:37 PM »

Does anyone know if Marques is ok...I sent him a message yesterday and he didn't answer..which is unusual for him..I looked and he hasn't been on in like 10 days! Is he ok? I am just a little worried about him... ???
If anyone knows let me know cause I am a worrier!!  :(
Kathy

He was at the online BT Study this past Sunday that we do every other week; and I received an email from him on Monday, as did the others who attend, in response to some of the things we talked about then... I'm sure he's alright.

Daywalker  8)

G. Driggs

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2010, 09:06:49 PM »

He was at the online BT Study this past Sunday that we do every other week; and I received an email from him on Monday, as did the others who attend, in response to some of the things we talked about then... I'm sure he's alright.

Daywalker  8)

There is an online BT study somewhere? If so is anyone welcome and where is it?

Thanks in advance for any info.

G.Driggs

mmijares

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2010, 09:31:13 PM »

I also noticed it.... he's not posting any recently..which is really unusual.

Online BT?

Roy Coates

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2010, 11:56:32 PM »

There is an online BT study somewhere? If so is anyone welcome and where is it?

Thanks in advance for any info

News to me, I am interested as well. Please share the info

aqrinc

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2010, 11:57:46 PM »

He is on the Forum right now.

george ;D ??? ::).

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2010, 09:04:09 AM »

He was at the online BT Study this past Sunday that we do every other week

Who is "we" daywalker?

Arc

Kat

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2010, 11:29:50 AM »

Well since Daywalker mentioned it, let me explain.  A few of us, instead of exchanging pm's here, have been getting together to discuss some of the articles in detail.  The is not an offically BT function and is just something we were trying out... actually it still needs work.

There is plenty of resources on the internet to do this (but don't ask me, I've not a clue as how to do this).  But somebody that knows something about these conference sites could get together a group of their friends for a Bible study.  But as I said the Bible Truths site and forum can not sanction this for any person or group.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

arion

• Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2010, 01:25:31 PM »

Idea!!

How about considering a chat room for the membership?  Just an informal place to 'hang out' and to discuss real time with the others what we are learning here.  Most forum software has modules that will allow a chat room of sorts.  I realize that this might have been discussed before and perhaps there is a reason why it hasn't been done but just in case nobody has thought about it...

Roy Coates

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2010, 01:39:46 PM »

Thanks Kat,

Too bad some of the meaty discussions of the senior members has had to move away from the forum and only made available to Marques, Daywalker, your self and to those you didn't mention.

I am sure we all will benefit one way or another

I appreciate your honesty and your commitment to the forum.

Peace

mharrell08

« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2010, 02:11:26 PM »

Thanks for the good word Ninny...like Craig stated, I was just taking some time off.

Now about the online bible study...

1. We only refer to it as the 'BT Online bible study' since all the studies are based on Ray teachings [Papers, Exposes, transcripts of bible study/conferences, etc.]. It is not sanctioned by either Ray nor Dennis...I don't even think Ray knows about it.

2. To further add to the first point, we try to stay in the guidelines of whatever teaching of Ray we are going over. Everything we discuss is already in the papers themselves...no 'new revelation' or any teaching by the members involved.

3. I began this study and asked just a few members as just a beginning point. It would be great to expound to more members. We are kinda working out all the 'kinks' that go on in a study like this. While the live chat feature is in 'real time', there still are issues of mis-communication, both technically and personality wise.

4. If any members feel they have a firm understanding of Ray's teachings and would like to join, please send me a PM. The reason why I ask for those with a good understanding is so basic principles will not have to be expounded on again for the benefit of the members involved. Everyone is still more than welcome to ask any question pertaining to Ray's teaching on the forum boards...whether a member of the online study or not.

I believe in transparency and having things out in the forefront. The online study members are:

Kathy (Kat)
Dave (Dave in Tenn)
Antaiwan (Akira329)
George (Aqr)
Mark (Marky-Mark)
Chris (Daywalker)
Suzie (Cherokee)
Matt (titus21115)

Any other questions, please PM me. Thanks

Marques

onelovedread

« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2010, 02:44:44 PM »

I thought that the general discussions here were based on Ray's teachings. Hopefully we will still have the input of you guys to whom I have always looked for insightful sharing on Ray's teachings. I also hope this isn't an inner circle. I do understand that members with a firm understanding of Ray's teachings may feel that they'd like to discuss things that others who have no quite reached that level, would not be able to fully grasp. That's cool as long as you guys will continue to contribute on this forum. I'm just glad that Ray opened his teachings to all.

Kat

« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2010, 03:12:25 PM »

Hi onelovedread,

That's cool as long as you guys will continue to contribute on this forum.

There's nothing to worry about, concerning this taking us away from the forum.  We meet every other week for about an hour as a group.  We zero in on one topic so we can share our understanding, or lack there of, on that teaching.  Just a way of meeting together in a live group situation.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Akira329

• "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2010, 09:32:59 PM »

We really don't discuss anything that isn't already on the forum or discussed in Ray's articles or audios.
Also I know of many who get together and have bible studies outside of bible truths. They meet each other in person and discuss what they have learned. I think this is Great!
I also want to assure people that this is not a splinter group, "inner circle", or some branch of bible truths site.
We have no teacher except Christ and the guide of Rays teaching! No different than the forum really. Everyone who is involved has opportunity to voice there questions, comments and concerns on the topic of the hour. Also no different than the forum.

Its also a really good way to get to know people personally!
I heard Chris's voice for the first time last week!! It was such an awesome expericence!!!LOL :D

On the serious side.......
If you decide you want to join I would strongly consider the guidelines pointed out by Marques.

Antaiwan
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus

Ninny

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2010, 09:48:25 PM »

Hey Marques! I'm glad you're ok!! I guess you needed a little time off! we all do sometimes! :)
Kathy ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 22 queries.