bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Seeing and loving people as God does  (Read 4072 times)

Roy Martin

Seeing and loving people as God does
« on: February 08, 2010, 08:23:12 AM »

My post, "Who is the enemy" and its responses has inspired a testimony of something that happened a few weeks ago as me and the family were sitting in a 50s style hamburger place. Its the first time ever  this has happened to me.I didn't post it at first because it deserved a lot of meditation.
 For a few years I have been asking God to help me to love and see others as He does.
  As soon as we walked in to the place I noticed a man. It was just a glance at first. We took our seat in a booth which placed this man directly in front of my view. He was sitting at a table by himself with no one in front or behind him. I saw he was heavy with his belly hanging over his lap. He was eating chicken fried steak with no teeth. It was the special all you can eat day for chicken fried steak.We were waiting for our order, and I couldn't take my eyes off of this man. He already ate two c.f.s. and was starting on a third. What was it that I couldn't take my eyes off of him?
 Suddenly something happened that almost took my breath away. I saw into him, his heart, soul, and mind. An overwhelming feeling of compassion and sympathy. It was if I knew him or rather wanted to know him. I loved this man in an instant. I wanted with all my heart to walk over to him but what would I say? I wanted to sit with him, but what would he think?My heart was so full of a different kind of sorrow, yet not a sad sorrow that I can't explain. I told Silvia something about how I feel so sorry for him and wished I knew him as I fought to hold back the tears from my eyes. I could tell she saw the tear and facial expression of an almost cry. He knew I was looking at him. At one point we held eye contact and smiled at each other.
 As we were leaving I still kept looking back regretting that I didn't say or do something to let him know I wanted to be his friend.
 I told Silvia the whole story after we got in the car and some more when we got home. It was heavy on my mind.
 I knew what had happened when it happened. God let me see and love this man as he does.
It was a wonderful feeling unlike any kind of love feeling I've ever had. It was a peaceful, happy kind of love with compassion, empathy and sympathy off the chart.I wish I could describe it completely but I can't. Well anyway this has been on my mind every since it happened. Also God has been on my mind every second of the day since this happened. All and every thought has been of God. I can't even have a conversation with Silvia that I don't interrupt it with God talk. Not complaining at all. I love it when God puts a fire in me like this. Never though has He gave me an experience such as the one with the man in the burger place.
 God in an instant can make us see and love a total stranger just as He does. He can make us love and see anything He wants, and my testimony is proof of it. I want much more of that kind of love and be able to see all people as God sees them.
I have tried to explain this type of love but I can't in any way. I've gone over and over it in my mind but its beyond description. I do know I saw beyond the flesh. This love had no limits.
 It was the love of all loves combined together that seems to be something not in this life, yet it is because God let me experience it for a short time. I hope to see this man again. I believe God will arrange it, of this I have no doubt. I have something to talk to him about.
Peace
Roy

I believe I can say that I was in Spirit, or rather consumed by the Spirit way beyond description.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 08:55:21 AM by Roy Martin »

Deborah-Leigh

Re: Seeing and loving people as God does
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2010, 09:05:39 AM »

Hello Roy

God certainly CAN “ make us see and love anything He wants. “God controls our inner most being and directs our thoughts and plans, circumstances and experiences.

Thank you for sharing.

2Ch 30:12  Also in Judah the hand of God was to give them one heart to do the commandment of the king and of the princes, by the word of the LORD.

God brings joy to the heart.

Ezr 6:22  And kept the feast of unleavened bread seven days with joy: for the LORD had made them joyful, and turned the heart of the king of Assyria unto them, to strengthen their hands in the work of the house of God, the God of Israel.

God inspires hearts.

Ezr 7:27  Blessed be the LORD God of our fathers, which hath put such a thing as this in the king's heart, to beautify the house of the LORD which is in Jerusalem:

The power of kings hearts are in the hand of the Lord.

Pro 21:1  The king's heart is in the hand of the LORD, as the rivers of water: he turneth it whithersoever he will.

All that God does with our hearts and minds is to His Glory and for His Praise.

Arc

Roy Martin

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2010, 09:13:11 AM »

Amen Arc. All the Glory to God.

I know that God is going to place this man back in my path again. Its not finished.
Funny how I know that.

Roy

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2010, 09:51:57 AM »

]Funny how I know that.
No not funny at all. God is a God of the living! :)

You may be appointed to judge him, not condemn him, but judge him with the Grace of God that corrects, instructs and converts in repentance those who need to learn Gods righteousness. In other words you may be appointed to serve this soul with the Spirit of Christ in time to come. I don't know. Only God knows yet it is a distict possiblity for us all to have to one day account, guide and bring to conversion those who are lost who Christ calls to redemption.

Paul tells us to know that we are to judge the angels..... :) It is well that you felt supernatural compassion. :)

Arc
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 09:55:32 AM by Arcturus »

Ninny

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2010, 10:02:58 AM »

Roy, this reminds me of something that happened to me a couple of months ago..
My husband and I go out to breakfast a couple of Sundays a month..on this particular Sunday there was a young boy sitting with two older women..I was watching this boy..I figured one of the women was his grandmother...anyway the boy looked about the same age as my oldest grandson..12..He kept getting up and getting things for these women..He was talking with them and laughing with them..I though what an extraordinary kid!! I watched this whole thing during breakfast and every now and then the boy's eyes would meet mine and he would smile at me..As we got up to leave I was drawn to their table! I walked up and said, "Excuse me, but I've been watching this boy being so sweet and helpful to you!" One of the women looked up at me and said, "Oh, yes! He is my grandson! This is my sister..he is very sweet." Then I told her that she was very blessed to have such a sweet grandson! I even told the boy I was very happy to see him taking care of his grandmother..he just smiled at me and said, "Yes, ma'am! She's my grandma! I like doing things for her!" I can't remember his exact words, but it was like that! We all smiled and I told him to keep being such a good guy!

Now I have never been too shy to walk right up  and talk to someone! But this impressed me so much, I was glad that God promted me to go over and speak to them...You can do lots of things when God gives you a little nudge!!
Kathy ;)

Roy Martin

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2010, 11:24:17 AM »

As I was looking at this man, it wasn't in a judgmental way. Just appearance. you know the surface.

Ark, my statement funny wasn't literal. Just a figure of speech. :)

Roy

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2010, 11:49:01 AM »

Yes, I believe I know what you mean Roy.  :)

Of course you were not literal yet I took the occasion to respond to bring in some deeper throughs and perceptions.

I know you did not mean funny hah hah but funny, miraculous, wonderous and privilaged maybe. Well that is how I understood what you felt.

It is wonderful that you were caused to experience this!

Arc

Roy Martin

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2010, 02:53:00 PM »

Ark its all good. This darn computer communication is messed up, but its still good, better than nothing.
Have a great day.

Roy

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2010, 03:49:53 PM »

You too Roy.  8) Thanks   
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 16 queries.